• Flatlander Fan
    replied
    I think his knee was still hurting...

Leave a comment:

• Syvari
    replied
    guys stop worrying. the guy will be cut. oz will be the backup

reason 1:

it is clear that he sucks but the guy is a good guy. they put him at 2 so he can show other teams what he can do. it helps to incwrease his value. it would terrible on him if he were to be placed behind our rookie.

reason 2:

we are only going to be carrying two qbs on the roster. manning (obviously) and oz. doing this will open up another roster spot for another young guy to make the squad.

reason 3. he just plain sucks. did you see those over throws in the redzone?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by HonDolo View Post
    Lance was never in Buffalo. He was with St. Louis right after college and then went to Indy for a year prior to coming to the Broncos.
    I stand corrected. It was my understanding that Studesville was instrumental in bringing Ball to the the Broncos, so I thought that meant they knew each other in Buffalo where Studesville coached before coming to Denver.

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    In terms of raw talent Moreno is much better than Ball.

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
    Are you a coach on the team? Guess that makes your opinion of my opinion pretty much garbage, eh?

But feel free to explain in what way Moreno is better than Ball. And remember, Moreno spends more time injured and unable to play than he does stutter-stepping at the LOS (and that's a hella lot).
    moreno is better than ball in every way and even if hes hurt half the year he does more than ball

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

But that is why you are not a coach because well....your above sentence shows why.

Are you a coach on the team? Guess that makes your opinion of my opinion pretty much garbage, eh?

But feel free to explain in what way Moreno is better than Ball. And remember, Moreno spends more time injured and unable to play than he does stutter-stepping at the LOS (and that's a hella lot).

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    John Fox likes vets.

Leave a comment:

• Mantheyman
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Don't agree with either of you.

1. The order after last night should be
    Manning
    Brock
    Hanie
    Weber

2. By the time it shakes out what the coaches use and what we want will not change. Most likely it will still be
    Manning
    Hanie
    Brock
    Weber odd man out back on the practice squad. He has not done anything to deserve otherwise.

Only possible difference the coaching staff will make is my first option with Brock as #2. But it's really not even the toss up that people think it is with Hanie and Weber. Weber is not what people seem to think he is. And the coaching staff sees this everyday in practice unlike most of you. He is the vet that they want on the team even if not a very good one.

People may not be happy but Weber will not be on this roster in September. If I'm wrong I will cp everyone in this thread who said otherwise.
    TWO of Weber's passes were either dropped or called back by a penalty. Weber only had one pass off-target last night. Hanie looked like absolute crap. I think he got the benefit of the doubt because he was the veteran of the group(Weber, Os, Hanie). If Hanie keeps playing the way he did last night, he will be cut.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    Well if thats the case everyone in the GB game should be fire, including there offense. Pre-season means almost nothing. I don't put much stock into it, except in Manning case since he was out a year and was hurt, thats a different case.

That play that VM recovered, wow is that dude fast or what. Amazing player. However I am not sure what defense that was but looked to me like he went inside when he should of had outside containment. Had they not botched the hand off, that play coulda gone the distance since nobody was out there. It reminded me of the Buff game last year where CJ spiller got the toss outside and VM went inside, That play was obvious he blew containment.
    Wasn't Von Miller coming from the back side though? This is an honest question as I don't remember, until I rewatch it, but it could have also been a stunt, which no one knows.

Preseason to me is just entertainment, and see how players show. Hence why I like watching the rookies. The coaches are just putting players in situations to see what they do and have no bases on what the opponent is running so you could end up with a bad play call, but you want to see how the players react.

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    But the miss on a wide open receiver the play before the TD had me going what? I thought only Tebow could miss guys that wide open that bad before I saw Weber do it last night.
    If I'm remembering right (I might not be, I'm very tired) but I think I went back and watched that particular play a couple of times after it happened, and came to the conclusion that the WR messed up. If he'd run his route at a consistent speed he would've been where Weber threw the ball to.

Leave a comment:

• HonDolo
    replied
    Lance was never in Buffalo. He was with St. Louis right after college and then went to Indy for a year prior to coming to the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    The only thing I can think of is Studesville is really pushing for Ball, they've been together a while, otherwise I'm not sure why he should be 2nd.
    Eric Studesville coached both Xavier Omon and Lance Ball at Buffalo in 2008 when they were rookies.

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by JerseyAdam View Post
    it's crazy these topics even exist. not a shot at the OP at all we need some entertainment!

but the fact of the matter is, its the first preseason game and even if it were the last, it's not crunch time or the real thing. but the first preseason game? that's like saying your fired or demoted if you have one bad day at work, ya know?

either way, like what i saw.
    My criticism is not restricted to one preseason game. This thread covers the 2011 season, 2012 training camp, and last night's game. Ball has always been a good player who is an asset but we have other options that make this team better.

Leave a comment:

• Legion509
    replied
    Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    0% indication huh? 0... Come on now, live action full speed dominance has 0% on how we will play out the sesson.
    To say "little" I agree with, maybe 5-10% but to say 0 is as bad a use of hyperbole as the fans saying it has everything to do with it.

Same exageration, just the other side of the coin. The Bears players last night were fighting for thier jobs too.

GB2
    Well if thats the case everyone in the GB game should be fire, including there offense. Pre-season means almost nothing. I don't put much stock into it, except in Manning case since he was out a year and was hurt, thats a different case.

That play that VM recovered, wow is that dude fast or what. Amazing player. However I am not sure what defense that was but looked to me like he went inside when he should of had outside containment. Had they not botched the hand off, that play coulda gone the distance since nobody was out there. It reminded me of the Buff game last year where CJ spiller got the toss outside and VM went inside, That play was obvious he blew containment.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    Agreed, kind reminds me how Tebow did very good in Pre-season yet the FO says he was so bad he was "4th string". Something doesn't smell right, just as it did back then.

The Big-O is good. Would like to see more. You may have to trade him to Pitts. Big Ben looks like a hit away. I am scared.
    They aren't trading Brock.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X