Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    The only thing I can think of is Studesville is really pushing for Ball, they've been together a while, otherwise I'm not sure why he should be 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    I'm not going to rag on Jay for this. Forte didn't play, so there was obviously a conscious decision by the CHI coaches to keep some guys off the field. It's not like we had PFM out there for long, either. And of course his wife DID just have a kid, so it's very possible he's not had much sleep and wouldn't have been playing even if the conditions were perfect. IDK. It didn't really bother me. I'll cut Jay some slack on this one.

Leave a comment:

• Legion509
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
    Based upon what we saw last night and what the Denver media has said all camp, how and the hell can this coaching staff see that Caleb Hanie is a backup QB to Manning? Both Oz and Weber look WAY better than Hanie. Trust me, if we put Weber on the PS he is as good as gone. Every time he gets in the game he looks pretty good. I think we need to see Oz for sure at the 2nd spot next week to see what he does against 2nd teamers and then go forward from there. So, if you believe Hanie is really our 2nd best qb on the team, then convince me.....
    Agreed, kind reminds me how Tebow did very good in Pre-season yet the FO says he was so bad he was "4th string". Something doesn't smell right, just as it did back then.

The Big-O is good. Would like to see more. You may have to trade him to Pitts. Big Ben looks like a hit away. I am scared.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Some who have been at TC and the intra-squad scrimmage have said to watch for Xavier Omon as a between the tackles power runner. Omon took advantage of his opportunity. He and others are making it difficult for the coaches.
    I am one of those camp guys who mentioned Omon. He has been my boy ever since his draft year when buffalo took him. Always liked him as a runner. And saw it again at camp the times I went.

Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
    I would cut moreno before I cut ball.
    But that is why you are not a coach because well....your above sentence shows why.

PS- to the guy who said that moreno is taking away carries from younger guys on the roster or whatever? Which guys are they? As far as I am aware, knowshon is as young or younger than all of them except for the rookie hillman. Fannin is IR.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Boy Jones
    replied
    Keep Hanie #2 for this year and maybe next. Protect your investment with OZ and don't throw him to the wolves too early.

Leave a comment:

• 16TheSnake
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You can get excited but last nights game gave 0 indication of how this season will play out.
    0% indication huh? 0... Come on now, live action full speed dominance has 0% on how we will play out the sesson.
    To say "little" I agree with, maybe 5-10% but to say 0 is as bad a use of hyperbole as the fans saying it has everything to do with it.

Same exageration, just the other side of the coin. The Bears players last night were fighting for thier jobs too.

GB2

Leave a comment:

• BR0NCOFANATIC
    replied
    It was raining really bad before the game, so they didn't want to take any chances. I thought the Broncos were going to do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• NYChick
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncs_for_life View Post
    Fixd!

10char
    LOVE IT! Wolfe Von Doom for president!!

Leave a comment:

• Broncs_for_life
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    Wolfe Von Doom .
    Fixd!

10char

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Supposedly b/c of his kid, but he was warming up before the game.

A few series wouldn't of hurt much.

Leave a comment:

• SammyWinder
    replied
    So Omon has a few good carries during the ONE pre-season game and all of a sudden he is the 2nd best back lol... FO REALZ?

C'mon people this is the same guy that was last on the depth chart for a reason. The same guy who numerous guys that have attended camp have said just looks OK at best...

Wait till this guy does it on a regular before we start giving him the keys to the house and cutting guys that have produced for us during the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Why risk it? Urlacher and Forte didn't play either. Conspiracy?

Leave a comment:

• Turf Nazi
    replied
    I would not worry too much about the depth chart at this point. There are too many players to evaluate and its more of a funciton of the regular season and the injury report anyways. I think Lance Ball is dependable, serviceable and the coaches are giviing him his due. Moreno is playing with something to prove and if he continues to do so, will be pushing for that #2 or #3 spot. There is nothing wrong w/ having this much depth at RB.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    I don't understand why Hanie isn't throwing passes in the Arena league or European league.
    He sucks too much to be in the NFL.

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
    for me, the "eye test" checks out better for Weber than it does Hanie....
    Absolutely

Leave a comment:

Working...
X