Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samparnell
    replied
    Football coaches are teachers who try to help players get better. NFL coaches spend most of their time from TC until the season ends doing that.

When they break down the film of last night's game in position group, they won't be saying "You sucked." or "That was atrocious." What they'll do is pinpoint areas that need improvement and try to fix it, and take that to the practice field.

Eric Studesville has two RBs he coached at Buffalo: Lance Ball who was an UDFA in 2008; and, Xavier Omon, a sixth round pick the same year. Coaches don't like to cut players because it is the end of a relationship they worked hard to develop.

The great job the Bronco position coaches are doing will make decision time for cuts very difficult.

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Elway drafted Brock to be the QBOTF, and if Manning goes down (god forbid), the future becomes now.
    I realize that, but what if the injury is for a year and then Peyton comes back yet Oz has tremendous success? Do we send Peyton packing ala Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady? or Send Oz back to the sidelines to wait again?

I would personally let Oz sit it out a year or 2 and then let him be ready to take over. I like the all in on Peyton, with Oz staying patient. I love what Oz has brought to the table already, but there is no reason to be anything but patient.

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Von Doom .

Leave a comment:

• kbeck81
    replied
    Yea i agree i don't understand all the hate for a guy who has come in and worked his way up the depth chart. I mean for never starting a game and only having 150 carries in the NFL i just dont see all the hate. Secondly people are comparing a undrafted free agent to a guy that was drafted in the first round and hasnt live up to expectations. Moreno has gotten everything given to him time after time again, he is injury prone and to me is a first round bust.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosIsWin
    replied
    Why do you think Cutler didn't play?T

Would of thought the guy would of at least passed a few on the field. Wonder if there is some bad feeling amongst him and some of the Broncos. Then again, if I was playing behind a bad offesive line like that, i'd probably tell the coach not to risk playing me either. Ol well, I still like Jay and hope he does well this season.

Leave a comment:

• elway93
    replied
    That fact that Hanie is even on an NFL roster after he destroyed the Bears season last year is unbelievable. We all just need to hope Brock can keep outperforming him so EFX can send him to the curb before the season starts.

Leave a comment:

• 4th Amigo
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Don't agree with either of you.

1. The order after last night should be
    Manning
    Brock
    Hanie
    Weber

2. By the time it shakes out what the coaches use and what we want will not change. Most likely it will still be
    Manning
    Hanie
    Brock
    Weber odd man out back on the practice squad. He has not done anything to deserve otherwise.

Only possible difference the coaching staff will make is my first option with Brock as #2. But it's really not even the toss up that people think it is with Hanie and Weber. Weber is not what people seem to think he is. And the coaching staff sees this everyday in practice unlike most of you. He is the vet that they want on the team even if not a very good one.

People may not be happy but Weber will not be on this roster in September. If I'm wrong I will cp everyone in this thread who said otherwise.
    I'll take that bet

I think (hope) that Weber beats Hanie out for #3....and I base my opinion on what I have seen of him since he has been on the team. I just think Weber has what it takes to be a competent starter in this league. And it's not necessarily like I don't think that Hanie doesn't, but for me, the "eye test" checks out better for Weber than it does Hanie....

Leave a comment:

• MiShanny4Owner
    replied
    I tried to explain this to my wife last night! but he will now be the number 3 qb....and by end of preseason our Quarterbacks will be....Manning, Osweiler, Weber!

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

1. The order after last night should be
    Manning
    Brock
    Hanie
    Weber

2. By the time it shakes out what the coaches use and what we want will not change. Most likely it will still be
    Manning
    Hanie
    Brock
    Weber odd man out back on the practice squad. He has not done anything to deserve otherwise.

Only possible difference the coaching staff will make is my first option with Brock as #2. But it's really not even the toss up that people think it is with Hanie and Weber. Weber is not what people seem to think he is. And the coaching staff sees this everyday in practice unlike most of you. He is the vet that they want on the team even if not a very good one.

People may not be happy but Weber will not be on this roster in September. If I'm wrong I will cp everyone in this thread who said otherwise.
    Based on what? Hanie's career performance or just his experience level? I see it as Hanie having a few years of experience yet doing nothing with it. My Dad is a lifelong Bears fan and even he says Hanie isn't very good. He scrambles around and makes things happen (cough:TEBOW:cough) but he's not anything other than that and certainly NOT the pocket passer you would want backing up Manning. If we wanted a Hanie we would have kept Tebow because at least Tebow can win games somehow.

Leave a comment:

• HonDolo
    replied
    Let me start by saying I'm very biased towards Lance Ball.... But, I'm also objective. So, I don't understand why all the hate. YPC in a preseason game is hard to judge a rb. You have starters that do a lot worse. I believe Ray Rice has 1.2 ypc last night and he is a pro bowler.

Lance had a 2 yd td, which skewed the results and also had two carries in which he had multiple defenders in his face 3/4 yds behind the line of scrimmage. Sure, he could of tried to dance or change the field, but he not that type of back. So, that leaves 4 carries where he had 9, 5, 3, 2. While not spectacular, I though it was a solid performance. That's not including the block on kick off giving willis an extra 5 - 10 yds or the his job in the passing game.

Even when Lance tore up Pittsburgh in pre season there was an abundance of hate. I don't think he is a detriment or a risk to the team, he's been nothing but solid for the broncos. It's interesting that everyone is ready to throw him off the ship.

Leave a comment:

• MiShanny4Owner
    replied
    Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    To protect our investment.

Why throw Oz to the wolves. If he gets rushed in and succeeds well, do you think he will wait it out here for Manning to retire, or want out to have a chance to start somewhere else?
    Elway drafted Brock to be the QBOTF, and if Manning goes down (god forbid), the future becomes now.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Manning
    Brock

Weber to PS
    Hanie cut

Can use that extra spot for a player who deserves to make a team, given we have a lot of good depth.

Leave a comment:

• conannilsen
    replied
    To protect our investment.

Why throw Oz to the wolves. If he gets rushed in and succeeds well, do you think he will wait it out here for Manning to retire, or want out to have a chance to start somewhere else?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Before TC some were hoping Sealver Siliga would push for a starting spot. Last night he was in the last group of DTs in the game.

There has been a little talk about Jeremy Beal out of TC. He stepped up with the last group of DL in the game.

That is a good indication of some depth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X