X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I really don't understand why you guys are flaming horseman so bad. The way you guys are celebrating in this thread would imply that you don't realize all that needed to be taken into account. Especially when you are declaring a top 10 defense.

The defense you saw last night is not the defense that will be playing during the season. We barely saw any of the starters last night and they played against a Cutlerless, Forte less offense that has the worst oline in football.

You guys can be happy about the dominant win as I'm sure horseman is but not let's get carried away on what we think it means for the season.

You can get excited but last nights game gave 0 indication of how this season will play out.
    I saw a defense with good depth. That's a huge improvement and what good defenses need. The starters barely played but it's safe to say they are starters for a reason. That's a top 10 defense based on recognizable POTENTIAL.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    I just hope our Defense plays this good against New England and Pitts first team offenses! Sure glad I am not going to be the one who must decide on who gets cut!

Yeah if and when that happens then I will get really excited for this year.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by bucking bronco View Post
    In this order:

Manning
    Brock
    Weber
    Hanie
    Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
    By the time it shakes out, you'll see Manning and Brock on the roster and Weber on the practice squad and Hanie looking elsewhere.
    Don't agree with either of you.

1. The order after last night should be
    Manning
    Brock
    Hanie
    Weber

2. By the time it shakes out what the coaches use and what we want will not change. Most likely it will still be
    Manning
    Hanie
    Brock
    Weber odd man out back on the practice squad. He has not done anything to deserve otherwise.

Only possible difference the coaching staff will make is my first option with Brock as #2. But it's really not even the toss up that people think it is with Hanie and Weber. Weber is not what people seem to think he is. And the coaching staff sees this everyday in practice unlike most of you. He is the vet that they want on the team even if not a very good one.

People may not be happy but Weber will not be on this roster in September. If I'm wrong I will cp everyone in this thread who said otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Kansas Bob
    replied
    I just hope our Defense plays this good against New England and Pitts first team offenses! Sure glad I am not going to be the one who must decide on who gets cut!

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
    ... or will he stay as the coach's pet at #2?

The guy looks slow and one-dimensional. Severe lack of elusiveness and ability to break tackles.

Most importantly, he continues to be outperformed by those behind him.
    it's crazy these topics even exist. not a shot at the OP at all we need some entertainment!

but the fact of the matter is, its the first preseason game and even if it were the last, it's not crunch time or the real thing. but the first preseason game? that's like saying your fired or demoted if you have one bad day at work, ya know?

either way, like what i saw.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by 350legend View Post
    You have to understand that this years expectations are high and like i stated before, from OTA's to training camp etc, everygame is important.. try telling those rookies or the rest of the 600 plus players that these preseason games dont mean anything...
    Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
    I mean, damn. The players did what they did against the competition in front of them.

Why do people have to continue to state the obvious and say this all needs to be taken with a grain of salt. We all know that.

Most people are just excited about football season.
    Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    It's the first game of the year why must you rain on my happiness parade I know that the ones played almost nothing last night. I know that some of the guys that shined were playing against a weak O line. I know all these thing but I want to take away the good from a game that we dominated start to finish and a lot of young guys really looked good.

I really don't understand why you guys are flaming horseman so bad. The way you guys are celebrating in this thread would imply that you don't realize all that needed to be taken into account. Especially when you are declaring a top 10 defense.

The defense you saw last night is not the defense that will be playing during the season. We barely saw any of the starters last night and they played against a Cutlerless, Forte less offense that has the worst oline in football.

You guys can be happy about the dominant win as I'm sure horseman is but not let's get carried away on what we think it means for the season.

You can get excited but last nights game gave 0 indication of how this season will play out.

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    I would cut moreno before I cut ball.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I won't even try because I'm not convinced myself ... yet. It's hard to compare last night's performance of the three backup QBs because each was in the game with a non-starting group against a non-starting group of increasingly lower level as the game progressed.

Osweiler is a lock to make the team. The Broncos will probably keep three QBs on the roster. If they do, they won't have a QB on the PS, I think.

The battle is between Weber and Hanie. They were both UDFAs coming out of college. Hanie has three years NFL experience with four starts. Weber has a year on the PS. It looks like a tossup at the moment.

We shall see.

Leave a comment:

• Peyton&Eli_fan
    replied
    By the time it shakes out, you'll see Manning and Brock on the roster and Weber on the practice squad and Hanie looking elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    While the Bears OL isn't good, they were pretty good late in the year. You can only play who is in front of you. They came ready to play.

Even if Cutler and co did play, it would of been for a few series.

Dominated from the start.

I love the sound tackling, haven't seen that in years. MaxBroncos said JDR has preached that over and over, Florence said it.

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    In this order:

Manning
    Brock
    Weber
    Hanie

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I'd rather not try.

I agree Osweiler should be ahead. I disagree with Weber. Weber to me was blah. Sure the TD pass was nice but Hanie had one of those two.

But the miss on a wide open receiver the play before the TD had me going what? I thought only Tebow could miss guys that wide open that bad before I saw Weber do it last night.

But Weber had the lowest completion percentage last night. Only 2/5. Just because one was a TD doesn't make him good. Also have to keep in mind he was going against 4th string guys while Hanie went against second. And minus the sacks Hanie was better.

I think Weber would easily last on the practice squad. No one is sinking their teeth at the chance to get him.

That said I still hate Hanie for Manning's backup.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco in UT
    replied
    Just makes you wonder what the coaching staff sees in Hanie that clearly no one else does...

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied
    I cant either and the way is looking BO would be number 2 in no time... :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    The defense will be fine. I predict top 10 easily.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X