Post game rants --- Chicago -- Pre-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Minx View Post
    1. I was trying to get work writing for a sports blog and decided I needed to learn football.

2. I chose the Broncos because they are the best team.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I greatly appreciate it.
    Broncos Blogs Who Talk about the Game (more informed--- don't try and appeal to the masses as much as ESPN and NFL.com):
    http://www.milehighreport.com --- a wide approach/different topics for Broncos football
    http://www.itsalloverfatman.com --- some gossip/commentary type stuff...but a lot of the "X's and O's" (technical and strategic aspects) of the NFL game

Other Blogs With Good Football Writing
    http://www.presnapread.com/ --- college football, but provides a good example of in-depth and informed sports blogging
    http://smartfootball.com --- good breakdown of different strategies, schemes and philosophies

Comment

• Stokely on pick vs Bears "It was on me, I ran a bad route, drifted upfield"

Just said it on NFLN...n that's one of those things you wouldn't know for sure just watching it...I didn't pick that up

Anyways...figured I'd let you guys know

Comment

• I'm sure Manning let him know it too.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          I'm sure Manning let him know it too.
          Actually (n I was gna mention this but my phone died), he said Manning was really cool about it cuz he knew Stokely felt bad enough

Comment

• Poor guy. He seems like he wants to play so bad I just don't know if he has enough juice left in him to play 16 games a year.

Go Stokely!
            sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

• Well, Manning was probably pretty cool about it. But as the leader of the offense, I'm sure he didn't not mention it.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
                Poor guy. He seems like he wants to play so bad I just don't know if he has enough juice left in him to play 16 games a year.

Go Stokely!
                It's so hard for us to evaluate these guys especially in these situations. There's so much we fans don't see. That route he ran didn't instill much confidence in what he's supposed to bring to the table. Running the right route is something Stokes is supposed to bring with his experience in the league and more importantly his experience with Manning. Then again what do I know about what happened? nuttin really But remember the Holy Stokely. I think if we did keep him - his good plays would outweigh the bad ones.

The Hawks should be an interesting game. They have a QB situation there but not because they can't play. They have a pretty good D too and really nice DL. In fact I'm gonna go watch the SEA TENN game
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                  It's so hard for us to evaluate these guys especially in these situations. There's so much we fans don't see. That route he ran didn't instill much confidence in what he's supposed to bring to the table. Running the right route is something Stokes is supposed to bring with his experience in the league and more importantly his experience with Manning. Then again what do I know about what happened? nuttin really But remember the Holy Stokely. I think if we did keep him - his good plays would outweigh the bad ones.

The Hawks should be an interesting game. They have a QB situation there but not because they can't play. They have a pretty good D too and really nice DL. In fact I'm gonna go watch the SEA TENN game
                  I was thinking similarly. We can keep him and hope that the chemistry with Manning starts showing. If it doesn't then we can always delegate him as a teacher and have him work with the young wide receivers like Willis.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Manning would probably say it was his fault too

Comment

• I've been in his shoes when I played tight end. Sometimes you forget the "live to fight another down" concept and want to get 6 more than anything, so you think you can get away with a step or two closer to the line.

Comment

Well, Manning was probably pretty cool about it. But as the leader of the offense, I'm sure he didn't not mention it.
                        well he certainly didnt didnt not NOT mentioned it ... not

didnt he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          well he certainly didnt didnt not NOT mentioned it ... not

didnt he?

Did you just use a pentanegative?

Comment

Did you just use a pentanegative?
                            pentatially...

Comment

• In the numbers' game, I don't think the Broncos should cut Jason Hill to keep Stokley. If they want to carry 6 WRs and keep both, fine. Decker and Thomas will be big parts of the offense. Caldwell and Willis definitely will be on the final roster. If they decide to carry 5 WRs, I would take Hill. He can play outside or in the slot, and his quickness and speed allow a larger variety of routes, including deeper routes. If anything happens to one of the starters, Hill can fill as the X, Y or Z receiver, while Stokley is a 36-year old Y receiver who'll probably struggle to gain separation.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                                In the numbers' game, I don't think the Broncos should cut Jason Hill to keep Stokley. If they want to carry 6 WRs and keep both, fine. Decker and Thomas will be big parts of the offense. Caldwell and Willis definitely will be on the final roster. If they decide to carry 5 WRs, I would take Hill. He can play outside or in the slot, and his quickness and speed allow a larger variety of routes, including deeper routes. If anything happens to one of the starters, Hill can fill as the X, Y or Z receiver, while Stokley is a 36-year old Y receiver who'll probably struggle to gain separation.
                                Agreed. I think the Broncos learned last year how valuable depth is at the WR position.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X