• jlhawkins9
    replied
    I can't...
    Cut him
    /thread

Leave a comment:

• Bronco in UT
    replied
    Convince me why Hanie is our 2nd string QB...

Based upon what we saw last night and what the Denver media has said all camp, how and the hell can this coaching staff see that Caleb Hanie is a backup QB to Manning? Both Oz and Weber look WAY better than Hanie. Trust me, if we put Weber on the PS he is as good as gone. Every time he gets in the game he looks pretty good. I think we need to see Oz for sure at the 2nd spot next week to see what he does against 2nd teamers and then go forward from there. So, if you believe Hanie is really our 2nd best qb on the team, then convince me.....

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Way too early to say any of this. We played against a horrible offensive line without Cutler or Forte and then played against an even worse backup offense/offensive line. I take no stock out of what happened other than we tackled pretty well.

I mean damn, the Patriots-Saints game ended 7-6. Are they both going to have dominating defenses?
    It's the first game of the year why must you rain on my happiness parade I know that the ones played almost nothing last night. I know that some of the guys that shined were playing against a weak O line. I know all these thing but I want to take away the good from a game that we dominated start to finish and a lot of young guys really looked good.

Leave a comment:

• jonathanrivers
    replied
    Way too early to say any of this. We played against a horrible offensive line without Cutler or Forte and then played against an even worse backup offense/offensive line. I take no stock out of what happened other than we tackled pretty well.

I mean damn, the Patriots-Saints game ended 7-6. Are they both going to have dominating defenses?
    I mean, damn. The players did what they did against the competition in front of them.

Why do people have to continue to state the obvious and say this all needs to be taken with a grain of salt. We all know that.

Most people are just excited about football season.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    An opportunistic defense is a great asset to a shaky offense. Those takeaways were awesome

Might be a few games before we see synchronicity in the play calling and execution. Lovin' that D also!!!

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied

You have to understand that this years expectations are high and like i stated before, from OTA's to training camp etc, everygame is important.. try telling those rookies or the rest of the 600 plus players that these preseason games dont mean anything...

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    It was awesome seeing our front 4 get a good push. While Wolfe was playing against the bears no.2's that guy has a motor and a half he really impressed me last night.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Some who have been at TC and the intra-squad scrimmage have said to watch for Xavier Omon as a between the tackles power runner. Omon took advantage of his opportunity. He and others are making it difficult for the coaches.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    I feel the same way. I like him as a player cause he's a hardnosed runner and seems to be a tough worker, but I'd rather star the year with McGahee, Hillman, and two out of Knowshon/Omon/JJ.

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncbeat View Post
    I know its a bit early but I have to agree 100%! Loved what I saw in our D and the depth. Will be a interesting year for sure.
    I knew with the Addition of JDR and the pieces we put together that our team would be good and yes early in the game... lol

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    McGahee, Hillman are locks. I think we can agree on that. Gronk I think makes the team as well as a FB. So that leaved Moreno, Ball, Johnson, and Omon to make I'd guess 2 spots.

Based on last night I'd go with Moreno and Omon.

Moreno because he is very good when he catches the ball out of the sideline. Remember the TD against the Chargers last year? And the great play against the Chiefs last year before he got hurt?

And Omon looks like a bowling ball out there. I'd like him to be a short yardage/goal line back type runner.

Good thing there's 3 more game to sort it out!

Leave a comment:

• DishWater
    replied
    Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I think Ball should be out of here. I dont really see what the coaches like in him. Oman showed he is a better player.
    Omon showed he was a better player than both Moreno and Ball...

I look forward to seeing more of Hillman and Omon in the preseason. Never know when a RB will pop out of nowhere and surprise...

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    I think Ball should be out of here. I dont really see what the coaches like in him. Oman showed he is a better player.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    The Broncos played well last night and I know the coaches will have a hard time deciding who must be cut at the end of the month.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X