X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luvdacolts67
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    Watching Manning last night actually put most of those worries to rest for me. I can understand the concern but I don't think it's necessary. We can debate the interception till our face is blue but I really think in the grand scheme of things it is not a big deal.

that throw to Decker to convert that third down was beautiful, his touch was still there. I don't think his health is a concern and he has a run game he can lean on.

add onto that you mention QBs with a chip on their shoulder... don't you think manning has that fire in his belly too. year off football the game he loves so much. Cut by his former team. People saying he will never be able to do it again.

I just dont see any red flags or signs that we should be worried.
    I agree, didnt see your post

Leave a comment:

• luvdacolts67
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    It feels like 95% of the people on this board are crazy stoked. And with good reason. However I understand as much as anyone that its just the preseason...

But to be honest I'm still concerned...

Clearly Manning isn't 100%. And that is to be expected. To be honest I dont even see him as 90%, and I dont think we'll see that for a long time. He's been out of the game for a while.. he'll get there. But it will take time to gel.. What concerns me is.. Will we have the fire power to keep up with offenses led by Drew Brees, and Tom Brady? And lets face it. Rivers will have a chip on his shoulder, and thats when those QB's are most dangerous..

Not only will our offense have to click and fire on all cylinders.. We need our D to consistently perform like it did last night.. each and every week... And for Denver? Thats rare to come by..

I'm excited guys.. but not comfortable. Not comfortable one bit.
    What about the chip on Peytons shoulders? He will be fine first game and pre-season.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    I know it's early, but I thought the spin on the ball was much tighter coming out of Weber's hand than any of the other 3 quarterbacks (Manning included). I am not saying Weber should be the starter, but he will definately be on an NFL team, if not ours. I don't blame the missed touchdown pass solely on the quarterback, even the announcers said the receiver slowed down which disrupted the timing of the play. I was not a fan of Hanie's when he was initially signed by us, and the first pre-season game did nothing to change my mind. I would feel confident with Manning, Osweiler, and Weber to start the season.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dan
    replied
    Yes I agree with you, I felt that way too.

Leave a comment:

• nic.zeman24
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post

This pic makes me happy.
    Why would that make you happy?

Leave a comment:

• nic.zeman24
    replied
    If Manning goes down for a long period of time might as well bring Brock in. but if it were for a week or 2 Hanie should be the backup.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied

This pic makes me happy.

Leave a comment:

• HavoK471
    replied
    He's our only back up with experience

That's the only reason I can come up with

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco in UT View Post
    Based upon what we saw last night and what the Denver media has said all camp, how and the hell can this coaching staff see that Caleb Hanie is a backup QB to Manning? Both Oz and Weber look WAY better than Hanie. Trust me, if we put Weber on the PS he is as good as gone. Every time he gets in the game he looks pretty good. I think we need to see Oz for sure at the 2nd spot next week to see what he does against 2nd teamers and then go forward from there. So, if you believe Hanie is really our 2nd best qb on the team, then convince me.....
    We seem to have discussions like this every preseason. There were people just a couple of years ago who felt that Tom Brandstater had also outplayed the starters. Of course fans often forget that Oz and Weber were playing against the 3rd and 4th stringers, guys who aren't getting any reps and aren't that good to begin with and will probably be cut. Weber is doing his best to keep from getting cut.

And just because some fans think if Weber goes on the PS he's as good as gone doesn't really make it so. If the coaching staff thought Weber was all that and a bag of chips, he would likely be second string by now, not fourth. He's trying to work his way up, but he's also been here for a full year, unlike the other three QB's on the roster. He SHOULD look better than Hanie running plays he already knows well while Hanie is learning the offense and trying to settle in and be the second stringer.

We have three more weeks before we will know for sure how things shake out with the QB's but during that time, I expect Hanie to get better and for all three backups to get plenty of game reps in the preseason. Then, we will see how other coaching staffs see our guys.

Leave a comment:

• Apoc13
    replied
    can we have this conversation in a month?...seems silly to be getting this worked up after the first pre season game

osweiler will be on the roster to start the season and will likely be manning's backup...1st round qbs don;t get traded, released or put on the practice squad

Leave a comment:

• kcarr26
    replied
    I think we may be over reacting a little bit. I mean, it's only week 1. . . Of the preseason haha.

An manning has never been about "zip". His throws are purely based on touch and timing.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Remember that Vickerson has improved his strength and conditioning this past off-season. He missed the entire last year and has something to prove.

I've said numerous times that he's a scrub. A journeyman DL who shouldn't be starting. But, he can provide quality minutes. He could even prove me wrong after all.

We don't know much by watching our DL against the Bears! Their OL has been terrible for years. It was supposed to be improved this season, but after last night I'm tending to doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    People are over rating the importance of the game, but I will say that the fact that Weber got any action at all suggests that the coaches are giving him real consideration.

I'm not confident in any of these guys if they have to see regular season action.

Leave a comment:

• TheRealMoose
    replied
    He's frightened of rain.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I thought Hanie reminded me of a Tebow wanna-be. Elway got rid of Tebow because he wanted a more traditional pocket passer. Both Tebow and Hanie have about the same kind of passing numbers except Tebow is clearly a better runner. So if we could not keep Tebow, then how can we justify keeping Hanie?

I think Oz outplayed both Webber and Hanie, but unless he can outplay them by a long shot through out the preseason I don't think Elway or Fox will risk having to play him by moving him to 2nd team. If Manning goes down for any reason, our backup QB is in the game.
    First of all, Haney is not a great QB but to compare him with Tebow is just wild. His throws are more accurate. He makes better decisions. His throws are quicker. He's not remotely as athletic running the ball.

He's just completely different. Tebow is an athletic running QB who can throw long down the sidelines, but struggles with his accuracy and is afraid to air it out over the middle of the field.

Haney is just a mediocre traditional QB. They brought him in because he has experience running a Peyton Manning style offense and could presumably pick up the slack for a game or two if Manning goes down.

If Manning were hurt and lost for the season in game 3 or something, the season would be over. Period.

As Elway says: "Plan B? We don't have a plan B! We're going with Plan A!"

As for why they couldn't keep Tebow, it's simple. They didn't want to keep the insane Tebow fans screaming "Bring In TEEEBOW!" every time Manning threw an interception all season long, and booing Osweiler.

Elway didn't believe in Tebow as a starting QB and nobody else in the NFL did either. He wanted Tebow gone to get rid of the endless media distraction.

He wanted to bring in a young QB to goom for the next 3 years.

He wanted to get something for Tebow.

Problem solved.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-11-2012, 08:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X