X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by soloking View Post
    Just had a baby, probably didn't sleep for 2 days.
    Yep...I heard he miss alot of practice because of it. This, plus the weather and Lovie figured why put him in for just a series?

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Legion509 View Post
    Agreed, kind reminds me how Tebow did very good in Pre-season yet the FO says he was so bad he was "4th string". Something doesn't smell right, just as it did back then.

The Big-O is good. Would like to see more. You may have to trade him to Pitts. Big Ben looks like a hit away. I am scared.
    Wow. Just wow. Talk about paranoia!

Seriously? They are going to trade Brock Osweiler to Pittsburgh?

How many crazy ideas can you put into one paragraph!

#1 -- Tebow "looked good" (to you of course) last pre-season, yet the front office "said he was 4th." No actually he looked horrible last pre-season. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his passes. Next!

#2 -- Trading Osweiler. Completely insane idea. Why would they draft ANYBODY in the 2nd round only to trade them before they even get a chance to see them in a regular season game?

You can put away the tin-foil hat. Brock Osweiler is not going anywhere. He's the QB of the future. Elway loves him. And after last night they are no doubt convinced that they made a correct decision in drafting Osweiler.

Personally, I hated the pick because I didn't think we needed a QB this year, but there's a lot to like about Osweiler the player. He's looking good!

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Monthly cramps........

Leave a comment:

• COBronc78
    replied
    Considering the broadcast kept saying "It was a coaches decision, Forte and Urlacher will not play as well" probably indicates that it was...a coaching decision.

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied
    It just might be u and a few others with concern.. i agree on Manning not being 100pct however in that 1 preseason game i saw the old PM from throwing the ball to reading the defense...

Leave a comment:

• MsManning18
    replied
    AGREED! He's had quite some time off, he just has to work out some of the kinks, and as he gets more in sync with the team, his skills will shine! I'm so happy he is playing again!!

Originally posted by OhBehave30 View Post
    I'll take having a top 10 QB on my team and maybe by week 10 having a top 4 QB on my team.

It's Peyton Manning. What you saw from last night, his first game in over a year, it will only get better from that. Even if this is somehow the best he'll ever look again, he did better than A-Rodg (2-8, 21 yds, int). He's supposed to be rusty, folks!!

Leave a comment:

• bucking bronco
    replied
    Nobody thinks it was a coaches decision? I hear they have a lot of power when decisions are made on who will play.

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    I thought Hanie reminded me of a Tebow wanna-be. Elway got rid of Tebow because he wanted a more traditional pocket passer. Both Tebow and Hanie have about the same kind of passing numbers except Tebow is clearly a better runner. So if we could not keep Tebow, then how can we justify keeping Hanie?

I think Oz outplayed both Webber and Hanie, but unless he can outplay them by a long shot through out the preseason I don't think Elway or Fox will risk having to play him by moving him to 2nd team. If Manning goes down for any reason, our backup QB is in the game.

Leave a comment:

• mray
    replied
    60% of the time I am 85% certain PM will be 100% ok....

Leave a comment:

• Oats420
    replied
    Broncos' D was HUNGRY. Jay would have been served and Von would have been eatin' greedy.

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Joe Mays got paid that money for a good reason. Irving looks good but he ain't outplaying Mays, not quite yet. Personally I'm very happy to have a starter at MLB that we can be confident in, and not only that but we have what looks to be an heir apparent behind him should he miss time or lose a step.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    It feels like 95% of the people on this board are crazy stoked. And with good reason. However I understand as much as anyone that its just the preseason...

But to be honest I'm still concerned...

Clearly Manning isn't 100%. And that is to be expected. To be honest I dont even see him as 90%, and I dont think we'll see that for a long time. He's been out of the game for a while.. he'll get there. But it will take time to gel.. What concerns me is.. Will we have the fire power to keep up with offenses led by Drew Brees, and Tom Brady? And lets face it. Rivers will have a chip on his shoulder, and thats when those QB's are most dangerous..

Not only will our offense have to click and fire on all cylinders.. We need our D to consistently perform like it did last night.. each and every week... And for Denver? Thats rare to come by..

I'm excited guys.. but not comfortable. Not comfortable one bit.
    How can you be concerned after one practice game? I can see if you think he's not physically there, but you're worried because he didn't look 100% comfortable? On a new team with new receivers and a new OL in the rain in his first live action in nearly 20 months?

Despite all of this he led a TD drive in his first and only series (if DT runs the fade correctly). So where is the cause for concern, considering that he will only get better? I just don't see it.

Seems to me that we just saw the baseline Peyton. That should scare the bejeezus out of the rest of the division and make the rest of the conference take notice.
    Last edited by Lomax; 08-11-2012, 01:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Look I was hoping Irving was gonna pan out too but it's not gonna happen this year that's obvious since we signed brooking. He played decent but so did Kyle McCarthy last year and he's a scrub
    Irving was a third round pick that was highly graded, McCarthy barely sniffed the real NFL. We haven't seen enough poor play to say he won't make it, and hell, we haven't seen enough to say he will make it, but going either way at this point is stupid.

Leave a comment:

• milehigh1990
    replied
    Originally posted by Orangeisback View Post
    I dont think it is so far fetched that he can win the MLB job. I hope so. I would really like to see more production from the draft last year.

He looked good and he made his presence known last night.
    I want the best player on the field. And atm that's Mays. But i'm with you, after the shambles of Shanny and McD in the draft we need to actually get a boss (not counting our 2 pick who is just nasty)

Leave a comment:

• JW7
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    In my opinion, no one can take the MLB job from Joe Mays because of the money. He is being paid as the starting MLB, and I think money has already decided the issue. There will be no competition there. I don't believe Irving's performance will matter, even if he keeps making a lot of tackles and tackles for loss. I doubt the coaches will say "hmm he's looking really instinctive and playing fast, maybe we should put him with the starters." I don't see it happening. Apparently, Irving does not shine in practice, but he can make plays during a real game. He will be on the final roster, and he will be one of the 2nd team LBs. He can't play SLB because Von Miller is already there.

Maybe Irving can compete for the WLB job, but Woodyard and Trevathan offer more mobility. Irving's size and instincts scream MLB to me, but Joe Mays is there with a nice salary. Only injury or a disastrous regular season will make Joe Mays lose his job. I can be wrong, but that's how I see the situation. Money will impact the competition, just like Stokley's relationship with Peyton Manning will impact the competition at WR.
    Come on man. This is the nfl and you are judged by victories. John Fox will not sit back and start a player because of his salary. It's joe mays, it's not like he is making Patrick Willis type money. If anything he would probably be more behind the player that he helped draft not a mcdaniels holdover.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X