Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    I have been hoping that Irving could make a dent this year, and based on what I saw last night, he is definitely looking like he wants to.

In fact, I am starting to love our overall LB crew.......which us not how I felt a while back. This may not be an elite group, but with Miller and a solid combo of guys fighting for starter positions, I believe we will be decent this year, and the future looks bright given the youthful aspect of the group (OK...take Brooking out of the average age calculation please).

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Look I was hoping Irving was gonna pan out too but it's not gonna happen this year that's obvious since we signed brooking. He played decent but so did Kyle McCarthy last year and he's a scrub
    Brooking has nothing left in the tank. He was brought in to impart some wisdom to a young group of LBs and push our younger players. I'll be highly surprised if he stays on the team.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Last I heard Irving wasn't performing and mays has been beasting! It means something when the coaches have a UDFA playing ahead of Irving at MLB
    Irving out performed Mays against the Bears. Also Irving isn't even listed at MLB, he's backing up Von at SLB right now. If Mays goes down, Irving is coming in. He's clearly better than both Brooking and Mohammed.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Orlando is almost big enough to play both.

After all, he is named after an entire city.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    If he's being doubled that leaves others (i.e., Warren, Dumervil, etc.) with one OL depending on the formation and play. Sounds good especially if Vick and Warren were both in and both commanding doubles.

Leave a comment:

• Kansas Bob
    replied
    Looks like to me that Denver needs Franklin to play RG and RT both. Sounded like they kind of sucked at both positions! lol

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Broncos rushing offense requires pulling Guards and Tackles who can deliver an authoritative down block. Kuper's recovery has others auditioning at G to get some idea of who could fill in if necessary. Magazu needs to figure out who #6 is. Manny and Chris Clark are candidates. Harris' status isn't clear at the moment.

I watched Franklin for his snaps at G last night. IMO he is too tall to pull effectively and loses leverage against shorter DTs. Those who played line know the importance of getting low. He's a crushing down blocker from the T position. Off Tackle should be a staple play to his side and one on which a series could be based.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    I didn't like what i seen from Hanie in th Bears game.I felt a lot of confidence in OZ and Weber,they showed the ability to be an efficient backup if Manning goes down.I will wait the preseason out before i pass judgement on Hanie.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    It feels like 95% of the people on this board are crazy stoked. And with good reason. However I understand as much as anyone that its just the preseason...

But to be honest I'm still concerned...

Clearly Manning isn't 100%. And that is to be expected. To be honest I dont even see him as 90%, and I dont think we'll see that for a long time. He's been out of the game for a while.. he'll get there. But it will take time to gel.. What concerns me is.. Will we have the fire power to keep up with offenses led by Drew Brees, and Tom Brady? And lets face it. Rivers will have a chip on his shoulder, and thats when those QB's are most dangerous..

Not only will our offense have to click and fire on all cylinders.. We need our D to consistently perform like it did last night.. each and every week... And for Denver? Thats rare to come by..

I'm excited guys.. but not comfortable. Not comfortable one bit.
    One game at a time. If someone can't take the field, next guy up. Time to walk the walk. Go Broncos!

Leave a comment:

• Fan of the MAN
    replied
    It feels like 95% of the people on this board are crazy stoked. And with good reason. However I understand as much as anyone that its just the preseason...

But to be honest I'm still concerned...

Clearly Manning isn't 100%. And that is to be expected. To be honest I dont even see him as 90%, and I dont think we'll see that for a long time. He's been out of the game for a while.. he'll get there. But it will take time to gel.. What concerns me is.. Will we have the fire power to keep up with offenses led by Drew Brees, and Tom Brady? And lets face it. Rivers will have a chip on his shoulder, and thats when those QB's are most dangerous..

Not only will our offense have to click and fire on all cylinders.. We need our D to consistently perform like it did last night.. each and every week... And for Denver? Thats rare to come by..

I'm excited guys.. but not comfortable. Not comfortable one bit.
    Clearly nothing. Idk how you can say he isnt 100% or even 90%. Are you Peyton? His docs? Have you watched every game he has ever played in college and the NFL? He has been a bronco for a couple months and you act as if you've been following his career for 20 years.
    After not playing for a season, he had total control of that offense. You all wanna talk how the passes were off or his arm looked weak. It is apparent to me those of you saying that know nothing of 'The Sheriff'. There was a reason behind everything, every throw, every move he made.
    He is not known for a rocket arm, or taking off running for a first down.
    He is known for dissecting the defense, making calls at the line, pin point placement of the ball where he wants it due to coverages, he is the cerebral QB.
    Many off you have watched Tim play for too long. This is not Tebow or Cutler. This is Peyton Manning and what you saw last night is who he is. He is the only 4x NFL MVP, SB MVP, Pro Bowler, Offensive MVP player of the year and FHOF'er.
    I can guarantee he is fine. He looked better last night than he did towards the end of the 2010 season.
    Folks on the colts forum agree with my assessment. We know him best and those that have watched him since college know he looked good. No sacks, no fumbles, one tip drill and only one the receiver didnt haul in. That was on Stokley. Safety was coming from the left and had a defender on his right hip. He didnt want to lead him into an Austin Collie concussion.
    He's got a plan. Believe in this guy cause he will give you everything he has.

Leave a comment:

• KoolBreeze
    replied
    Originally posted by BeavisBronco View Post
    Where does everyone keep getting these numbers from? How ridiculous. Do you have something to compare it to to quantify 85% vs. 90%? Are you so astute on his previous performance in Indy that you are able to accurately judge health % off a few plays in a preseason game? I'm so tired of everyone running around throwing out these numbers like they have some basis for it and then being concerned by the arbitrary rating system they've concocted. It is silly to say the least.
    :thumb: Right on!

I'm not worried about Manning in the slightest. He'll hold up his end. It's going to take the offense some time to gel. They aren't going to be perfectly in sync come week #1. But when the dust of the season settles, I'm 100% confident we'll be in the playoffs, hopefully hitting on all cylinders and from there anything is possible. I'm just glad to get to set back and watch a "real" NFL offense this year versus our last few.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Just because Irving is listed at SOLB doesn't mean he wouldn't be the replacement for Mays at MLB if he goes down. He was probably moved to SOLB because he offers more as a replacement to Miller than Mohammed does. I think in reality Irving is the backup at both SOLB and MLB.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Brooking and/or Mohamed not make the team. They will keep 6 or 7 LB, last year they kept 7 so lets use that that number.

These 5 make the team barring injury, and yes, I am including DJ since he isn't going anywhere and I am counting him towards the 6 or 7.
    1. Von
    2. Mays
    3. DJ
    4. WW
    5. Irving

That leaves 1 or 2 spots open for:

1. Trevathan
    2. Mohamed
    3. Brooking
    4. Johnson
    5. Coffey
    6. Franklin

Trevathan has been playing very well and I think he is the 6th LB so everyone else is competing for that last potential spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson or Mohamed get it. They may keep another one until DJ comes back from suspension though.

Leave a comment:

• BeavisBronco
    replied
    PM looked good dont get me wrong. He looked about 80-85%...
    Where does everyone keep getting these numbers from? How ridiculous. Do you have something to compare it to to quantify 85% vs. 90%? Are you so astute on his previous performance in Indy that you are able to accurately judge health % off a few plays in a preseason game? I'm so tired of everyone running around throwing out these numbers like they have some basis for it and then being concerned by the arbitrary rating system they've concocted. It is silly to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    Watching Manning last night actually put most of those worries to rest for me. I can understand the concern but I don't think it's necessary. We can debate the interception till our face is blue but I really think in the grand scheme of things it is not a big deal.

that throw to Decker to convert that third down was beautiful, his touch was still there. I don't think his health is a concern and he has a run game he can lean on.

add onto that you mention QBs with a chip on their shoulder... don't you think manning has that fire in his belly too. year off football the game he loves so much. Cut by his former team. People saying he will never be able to do it again.

I just dont see any red flags or signs that we should be worried.
    Yea, I loved that throw to Decker. Was real anxious to see what we'd do, and how we'd execute on that 3rd down play.

I was expecting a QB Draw

Wait, that was last year. But I was real anxious to see what we'd do, and then I saw that and was happy again. Looked like the Manning of old and got me fired up. Ints happen. Manning has like 200 of them in his career. Its not like hes never thrown a pic.

I'm still a lil concerned, and will be for a few regular season games even I'm sure. Its hard not to be skeptical.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    He looked pretty good to me.

A little rusty, that's expected but it's nothing to lose sleep over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X