Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk TE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Let's talk TE

    Okay, last night we saw just a taste of our top 2 TE (tamme and Joel) and quite a few of their plays were run blocking. My question is, who are our 3rd and 4th TE? Julius didn't get a snap as far as I saw, and Ingram came out of nowhere. Where do we sit?

  • #2
    Cornelius Ingram looked good

    Comment


    • #3
      Is Julius Thomas even on the team anymore? I havent heard his name a single time during camp or las nights game. He had so many expectations but hasn't shown a single play worth a damn.

      Idk, Ingram showed me more last night than Thomas has in his whole 2 years. I remember when he came out he had a lot of potential, maybe working with Manning is finally bringing it out of him. It would be a great suprise if Ingram continues to play like he did last night throughout preseason.

      Comment


      • #4
        Tamme is the real deal, I can see Manning making him one of his main go to guys. I know people gave him a lot of heat over dropping the first pass of the game, but no one talks about him grabbing a tip ball and getting the first down.
        I will always be a Bronco fan--->

        But my Heart is with the UK Wildcats-->

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KentuckyFan View Post
          Tamme is the real deal, I can see Manning making him one of his main go to guys. I know people gave him a lot of heat over dropping the first pass of the game, but no one talks about him grabbing a tip ball and getting the first down.
          Mainly because the tip ball was pretty lucky.

          That said, I think Tamme can be a weapon for us.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think Ingram will get more of a shot now. The dude certainly has the natural talent and it would be awesome to have a big TE target for Manning.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              The biggest issue at TE is what to do with Julius Thomas. He's never on the field. And IF he is on the field, he can't block. It's probably a crime to think about cutting a 4th round pick so early, but what can the Broncos do? They will have to cut a more capable TE to carry Julius Thomas. If they decide to carry 2 QBs, it would certainly help them carry a useless player like Thomas.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                The biggest issue at TE is what to do with Julius Thomas. He's never on the field. And IF he is on the field, he can't block. It's probably a crime to think about cutting a 4th round pick so early, but what can the Broncos do? They will have to cut a more capable TE to carry Julius Thomas. If they decide to carry 2 QBs, it would certainly help them carry a useless player like Thomas.
                Thomas will have a hard time making the final roster. He didn't produce last season either. The only reason folks around here are so high on him is because Cecil Lammey made him sound like a hall of famer last season during camp. I think that the extra roster spot from carrying only 2 QB's on the roster goes to a CB/S who makes the team as a kick returner.... Either Squid or Leonhard.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by coloradomedic View Post
                  Thomas will have a hard time making the final roster. He didn't produce last season either. The only reason folks around here are so high on him is because Cecil Lammey made him sound like a hall of famer last season during camp. I think that the extra roster spot from carrying only 2 QB's on the roster goes to a CB/S who makes the team as a kick returner.... Either Squid or Leonhard.
                  ****Exactly****

                  He has shown absolutely ZERO in actual games. (preseason or regular season)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Virgil Green is the best blocker. He needs to regain his receiving touch. He will begin the season on the suspended list.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Virgil Green is the best blocker. He needs to regain his receiving touch. He will begin the season on the suspended list.
                      Yeah, he dropped that easy catch for a first down on the Osweiler boot.

                      If only we could combine Green and Thomas.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Julius Thomas is still hurt and was held out of the game. I see him being on IR or the practice squad.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          first, we won't just carry 2 QBs.
                          second, I agree that if JT doesn't start showing something on the field he will lose his roster spot, if he hasn't already. The Broncos are finally looking pretty deep at receiving options and JT is pretty far down that list right now.

                          Dressen, Tamme and Green look like the top 3 and that's all they might carry as it is. They kept 4 last year but they may not this season.
                          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-10-2012, 09:02 PM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                            Yeah, he dropped that easy catch for a first down on the Osweiler boot.

                            If only we could combine Green and Thomas.
                            The way some of these guys are bagging on Thomas, that might get him cut for sure.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              The way some of these guys are bagging on Thomas, that might get him cut for sure.


                              If Virgil could catch like Julius it would be great. Or if Julius could block like Virgil...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X