Let's talk TE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Julius Thomas is still hurt and was held out of the game. I see him being on IR or the practice squad.
    This.....I like Thomas's potential......But we are crowded at the position...He should be IRed and we will see next season
    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
      This.....I like Thomas's potential......But we are crowded at the position...He should be IRed and we will see next season
      JT practiced today and I guess he had a big catch for a TD from OZ. Oz pump faked and launched one down the field and hit JT in stride for a TD. Del Rio got all over the D for biting on the pump fake.
      sigpic
      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Broncos TE Julius Thomas making an impact

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...king-an-impact

One of the loudest roars of Monday's Broncos practice came when TE Julius Thomas headed downfield on a post route, broke away from a defender and caught a well-placed, 40-yard pass from QB Brock Osweiler.

This was what the Broncos hoped to see when they took a fourth-round draft flier last year on the former Portland State basketball star whose athleticism was as obvious as his football experience was scant. Thomas had played one season of football since his freshman year of high school, and his blocking and route-running needed refinement. But everything seemed on track as a rookie until he suffered an ankle injury last September against the Bengals -- an injury that simply wouldn't heal.

"Originally I figured it would be a couple of weeks. We tried that, and that didn't work," Thomas said. "It just been so long."

He finally succumbed to the need for surgery in March, missed all of the offseason practices, and was slowly brought back to full-scale work. He's recently worked in full-contact, full-team periods -- which led to Monday's downfield reception.

"It's just encouraging to be able to make the plays that your mind knows it can make, and now your body's starting to catch up to that level," Thomas said.

But it's not all the way there. Thomas admits the ankle is still at "about 80 percent."

"I definitely have a lot more strength still to build in that leg from the ankle all the way up to the hip," Thomas said. "But it's coming along. It feels better than it did at any point post-injury last year. So I'm encouraged."

Barring injuries to starters Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen, Thomas should have time to heal -- and to continue refining his game. The two free-agent pickups are already entrenched, and with offensive tackle Chris Clark set to be the third tight end on short-yardage plays, the opportunities for Thomas to contribute could be few.

"I'm just going to do what's expected of me and wait for my chance to get an opportunity," Thomas said.
        "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Keep TE

1.Tamme
          2. Dressen
          3. Ingram

Release

1.Thomas
          2. Virgil Green

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...ngram?id=71337

read that report of Ingram and I have no reason to think that if he is BACK from the ACL he has the talent to easily be the starting playmaker TE we have been missing since #84 retired... We have tried Wesley Dukes, Julius Thomas, Duke just like Thomas have the skillset but couldn't/can't stay healthy.

Ingram is a FOOTBALL player (that happened to play on the Florida Basketball team) and if healthy could be the go to guy for Manning.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profil...ngram?id=71337

read that report of Ingram and I have no reason to think that if he is BACK from the ACL he has the talent to easily be the starting playmaker TE we have been missing since #84 retired... We have tried Wesley Dukes, Julius Thomas, Duke just like Thomas have the skillset but couldn't/can't stay healthy.

Ingram is a FOOTBALL player (that happened to play on the Florida Basketball team) and if healthy could be the go to guy for Manning.
              Ummm...don't get me wrong I am pulling for him, but to want to give up on Julius Thomas (because of injuries as an argument) and go with Ingram is a little ridiculous. All Ingram does is get injured, and not minor ones. Ingram has injured the same ACL twice now and it has kept him out of football for almost 2 years. The first one was with Florida Gators and the second one with the Eagles. He is at best an average blocker that has shown character issues in the past...the biggest red flag being that he quit on the team and football.

People change and I am interested to see how he progresses through camp...but to give up on Thomas after one year (who has scary loads of potential, and had a bad break to start his Nfl career) and ride the Ingram train (who couldn't make hardly any regular season games with two NFL teams) is jumping the gun a bit.

Let's see how things pan out a bit before we throw Thomas to the curb. Comparing Thomas to Duke is not justified(not yet), and there is a reason why these basketball player athletes are so hyped up...they are unstoppable if they can figure it out...Graham, Gates, Gonzalez.
              Last edited by MarshallMoss; 08-14-2012, 02:26 PM.
              "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

Comment

Working...
              X