No announcement yet.

Peyton's Offensive Mindset: Clarifying the Arm Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, people are confusing arm strength with timing. Like it's been mentioned, he's never been known as rocket-arm like Cutler, Flacco, etc.

PM is known for his accuracy and flawless precision. All we got was a few throws out of him last week... it's kind of hard to get a good read on him based off of that. The series had more to do with him shaking off the rust in real game action than it did ANYTHING else. We haven't even begun to see what PM has to offer and likely won't until Game 1 of the season.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      I'm concerned over Peyton's arm strength. Everyone likes to cite the throw to decker on the out. I'm no different. But I'd also like to add the few passes that were tipped early in the game. There were 2 that were tipped to Jacob Tamme. The first pass of the game, and then the 2nd pass where it was tipped up, Tamme caught it for the first down. Then the pass to Stokely was tipped.

All of those together along with the out route to Decker have me concerned. If there's more velocity on those balls, odds are those passes don't get tipped.

It's only the 1st preseason game. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't be concerned IMO. We can be concerned and hopeful that by the start of the season that velocity will come back. He's by no means 100% right now.
      ...and he's even said as much. He's NOT 100%. He also hasn't thrown a football in a competitive situation in almost 2 years.

Did people really expect him to just come back and throw, never missing a beat, after being out of football for 19 months?
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Watching Peyton's footwork in that clip wears my behind out just watching it lol. His feet were moving so fast lol

Comment

The thing catches my eye in the above video is not PM or decker it's the Oline just mauling the the bears pass rush!

Comment

DT says that Peyton's ball is zipping/whistling, every one of the offensinve players have been marveling at his arm strength, and ESPN has been giddy over Peyton's performance on Thursday. That being said, it's all BS.

I agree that the concerning part of Thursday's performance was the tipped balls. But, Peyton hasn't played in 2 years and he is starting over with a new team. Growing pains will be present until about week 4 or 5. It's going to get worse before it get's better. But we have a good defense, O-line, and running game to supliment the output that Manning will eventually have once he and his receivers start hitting on all cylinders.
            Rockin Mile High Stadium on a fall Sunday - best place in sports

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofSammyWinder View Post
              DT says that Peyton's ball is zipping/whistling, every one of the offensinve players have been marveling at his arm strength, and ESPN has been giddy over Peyton's performance on Thursday. That being said, it's all BS.

I agree that the concerning part of Thursday's performance was the tipped balls. But, Peyton hasn't played in 2 years and he is starting over with a new team. Growing pains will be present until about week 4 or 5. It's going to get worse before it get's better. But we have a good defense, O-line, and running game to supliment the output that Manning will eventually have once he and his receivers start hitting on all cylinders.
              That's great that the reports on Peyton's arm are great.

And maybe you're right. Maybe it's more of an anticipation issue than an arm strength issue. I'm hopeful. I just want the Broncos to be great. I just noticed a lot of defensive hands on the ball. I don't know if it's arm strength or anticipation.

For all I know, it could be a slight case of camp arm. Give Peyton a little time, and he could really have some zip on that ball.

Comment

Working...
              X