Beal & Omon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beal & Omon

Watching the preseason game over and over again who sticks out is jeremy beal and xavier omon.

Jeremy beal is just always finds a way to put pressure on the qb i think we have to keep him on the 53 active roster

omon is another guy we have to keep he is so patient in between tackles and he gut some nice moves if mcgahee goes down he could carry it 20 times a game

who stood out to you? and why?

Yeah IMO both Beal and Omon showed enough against the Bears to warrent some more playing time against the Hawks.

I want to see more of the Unrien/Wolfe pairing in our D-line they just flat out destroyed the Bears O-line in the 3rd and 4th quarter, It would be nice if they can do the same to the Hawks. Like to see Irving at WLB??? If he could work out there it would sure solve some problems.

Comment

Beal, yes, i think he sticks with dumervil ayers and hunter as our 4 DEs. Omon, the fact being that he is a 28 year old 5th string RB, doesn't lead me to believe he makes the roster.

Comment

IMO Beal goes back to the practice squad. Doom, Hunter, Ayers, and Wolfe at DE stay IMO. Omon has an uphill climb, but if he puts together a few more games like Chi he will make the roster.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

If I remember right Beal was a beast in college.I don't recall why his draft stock fell but I do remember him being 1st round talent at one point .So I would like to believe he has upside and potential.Omon should work on special teams to try to make the roster.

Comment

yea i remember jeremy beal was once considered one of the top defensive end prospects for the 2011draft... i hear that his stock drop because he failed to impress scouts at the combine and at the senior bowl.

Comment

I've always like Beal and Omon. I hope they make the final 53.

Comment

Originally posted by olgrouch View Post
                Yeah IMO both Beal and Omon showed enough against the Bears to warrent some more playing time against the Hawks.

I want to see more of the Unrien/Wolfe pairing in our D-line they just flat out destroyed the Bears O-line in the 3rd and 4th quarter, It would be nice if they can do the same to the Hawks. Like to see Irving at WLB??? If he could work out there it would sure solve some problems.
                Lets try and keep in mind that the Bears starting o-line gave up 49 sacks last year and this was their 3rd string o-line...If those guys are so bad that they are on 3rd string on an o-line that gave up 49 sacks they aren't very good.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for being excited about our guys playing well but lets try to not get our hopes up too high without taking into account the bears are awful!
                sigpic

Comment

With Beal I think the 'can he do it against better competition?' question really comes into play. He was a terrific college player but the consensus was that he would not translate well into the pros. Some earlier in the game preseason playing time could go a long way for analyzing him.

Comment

Oman had a good showing, but it was just one preseason game against guys that probably wont even start in the regular season. I would like to see him deliver in some more games and move up the depth chart. We don't know how he will fair against starters, but if he continues to play well, he'll get more opportunities to show what he can do.
                    sigpic

Comment

Really liked what I saw from those guys, but I don't know. It'll be tough - especially for Omon.

And I just wanted to say that Wolfe & Unrein weren't only playing against the 3rd stringers in the Chicago game. This notion seems to be coming up a lot and it's incorrect. They were both in there (and part of the jailbreak) on the Von fumble recovery play. IIRC that was Chicago's first possession so that was their starting o-line. Granted, it was CHICAGO'S starting o-line , and that might not be saying much, but I'm just sayin'....

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Beal has a chance. Omon probably not, unless he keeps impressing the next couple of games.

Comment

Beal ran a 5.16 40 at the combine. Combine that with the fact that he was an undersized 267, and that's why he dropped in the draft. He's up to 280 now and looks quicker than he did last season in camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
                            Really liked what I saw from those guys, but I don't know. It'll be tough - especially for Omon.

And I just wanted to say that Wolfe & Unrein weren't only playing against the 3rd stringers in the Chicago game. This notion seems to be coming up a lot and it's incorrect. They were both in there (and part of the jailbreak) on the Von fumble recovery play. IIRC that was Chicago's first possession so that was their starting o-line. Granted, it was CHICAGO'S starting o-line , and that might not be saying much, but I'm just sayin'....

Yep

One of Wolfe's sacks was against CHI"s starting L guard. Wolfe is showing why he was our first draft pick

Someone mentioned in another post that the Str and Con program looks to be paying off. Our entire team looked stronger than CHI
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Beal looked good, albeit against 3rd stringers.

Omon has a tougher chance given he has to fight with 3-4 other RB's to make the roster.

As i said, there are going to be some tough, tough cuts when it's time.

Comment

Working...
                              X