Does anyone know how Ben Garland and Malik Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how Ben Garland and Malik Jackson

Is doing in camp? does either of them have a chance to make the 53! I appreciate people posting about the QB's, WR's and DB's but very little is said about the DL except for Hunter, Wolfe and Doom!
    Thanks in advance!

I read somewhere that Malik should make the team. Garland was a long shot but he's been what you would expect in camp, all effort. I think they are trying to move him inside but he doesn't have the weight yet, so hopefully he's PS bound where he can add weight and keep working at an inside position.
    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Last I heard Garland came to camp around 290 but that is kind of small for the inside. At 6'5" he should be able to carry 325 gracefully! lol I think Malik is only around 270 isn't he?

Comment

hopefully Malik makes it, he was looking pretty big in the first preseason game when he recovered that fumble
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

It'sAllOverFatMan consider Malik to have a good chance to make the team. It will be interesting to see if he can take Unrein's spot as the preseason progresses. He's a lot like Kevin Vickerson -- pretty good against the run, a high motor, and can push the pocket 1-on-1 situations from the inside. But like Vickerson, he's not going to put up sack numbers and he isn't anywhere near the level as Wolfe.

Don't know about Garland.

Comment

Yeah, they were about the same, at least according to DB.com. I'll be looking for both in the game this weekend.
            Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Garland should be eligible for the PS.

Comment

They'll probably play Jackson at DE now with Hunter injured for awhile. Helps his chances of making the team.

Comment

The way injury has hit the Broncos lately, Beal and Jackson may be fighting for a starting DE position before final cut down to 53! I root for Beal also, but I have heard more about him than Garland.

Comment

Neither of them had the slightest chance prior to the Hunter injury. Here's why.
                    The Broncos will keep 8 DL as they did last year.

Broncos Depth Chart
                    LDE: Hunter*, Wolfe, Beal
                    LDT: Warren, Vickerson, Malik Jackson
                    RDT: Bannan, Unrein, Siliga
                    RDE: Dumervil, Ayers, Obiazor, Blatnick

We know that Wolfe or Ayers will start at LDE.
                    We know that they're keeping Warren & Vickerson at LDT.
                    We know that they're keeping Bannan and Unrein or Siliga at RDT.
                    We know they're keeping Dumervil at RDE.

With Hunter that would be 8.

But, now there's a final roster spot available. Jason Hunter's, assuming as likely, Hunter has surgery and enters the season on IR (meaning he's gone for the year).

That means Jeremy Beal might very well make the team, unless they like Siliga or Jackson better. But, my money's on Beal right now since they need an extra DE and he's probably the best available.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Malik will make the team, he showed a lot of promise against the Bears and from what I've seen he's been doing a good job. Malik's versatility, plus the injuries at DE will help him make the team.

Garland on the other hand, I think he'll end up in the PS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                        Last I heard Garland came to camp around 290 but that is kind of small for the inside. At 6'5" he should be able to carry 325 gracefully! lol I think Malik is only around 270 isn't he?
                        I saw him interviewed in May or so and he said he was up to 290.

Comment

I'm sorry but we aren't so good on our d-line to where we can just cut a 5th round pick. Siliga and Garland would both be put on the PS or Banaan/Unrein would be cut

Comment

I cant wait to see what Malik can do this year. He was one of the bright spots for my Vols.

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                              Neither of them had the slightest chance prior to the Hunter injury. Here's why.
                              The Broncos will keep 8 DL as they did last year.

Broncos Depth Chart
                              LDE: Hunter*, Wolfe, Beal
                              LDT: Warren, Vickerson, Malik Jackson
                              RDT: Bannan, Unrein, Siliga
                              RDE: Dumervil, Ayers, Obiazor, Blatnick

We know that Wolfe or Ayers will start at LDE.
                              We know that they're keeping Warren & Vickerson at LDT.
                              We know that they're keeping Bannan and Unrein or Siliga at RDT.
                              We know they're keeping Dumervil at RDE.

With Hunter that would be 8.

But, now there's a final roster spot available. Jason Hunter's, assuming as likely, Hunter has surgery and enters the season on IR (meaning he's gone for the year).

That means Jeremy Beal might very well make the team, unless they like Siliga or Jackson better. But, my money's on Beal right now since they need an extra DE and he's probably the best available.
                              It happens occasionally, but rarely do teams cut a 5th round pick during their rookie training camp. Jackson is too highly regarded to clear waiver, my guess is that we will find a way to keep him on the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X