Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you try a 111 yard field goal, and miss it, is it a safety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
    Do you think of questions like this because you are unemployed, or are you unemployed because you think of questions like this?
    Silly goose.

You know Einstein thought up crazy, never would happen, and impossible scenarios like this (although with physics and not football...), called them "thought experiments", although they are impractical to try out in real life, it allows our minds to imagine how things would play out. (One of his earliest was Imagining how light would look as he was chasing it and traveling the same speed, although impossible, this experiment lead to him developing special relativity)

Not saying I am anywhere near Einstein, but not exploring something because it is deemed impossible or will never happen is a crappy way to go about things

Comment

I think they would spot the ball on the 1 inch line, on the field of play.

Comment

Not that Madden is real life, but I tried it and it resulted in a Safety. Though I tried it on 1st down, on 4th down it very well might be a TD.

EDIT: Tried it on 4th down, same thing, safety.
        Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 08-20-2012, 08:14 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncNuggsRocks View Post
          As a former ref (albeit a high school ref) I can say that I'd rule it a turnover in the endzone and treat it the same as a fumble recovered by the defending team, so a touchdown.

Basically the ball is already at the objective location of the other team, therefore it cannot be further advanced, and therefore ruled a touchdown.

Treat it as a turnover at the spot of the ball. Turnover in the endzone = touchdown.

At least thats what I would rule it.
          That's really interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Does anyone remember a scenario where someone got sacked/tackled in their own endzone on 4th down? That's bound to have happened at some point in the past, right?
          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
            That's really interesting, I hadn't thought of that. Does anyone remember a scenario where someone got sacked/tackled in their own endzone on 4th down? That's bound to have happened at some point in the past, right?
            I have seen punters step out of the back of the end zone on purpose resulting in a safety.
            I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by DOMAN8R View Post
              WoW you are really smart!
              I know.......
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                I know.......
                A smart alec that is....Snap!

Comment

Working...
                X