Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you try a 111 yard field goal, and miss it, is it a safety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you try a 111 yard field goal, and miss it, is it a safety?

I tried asking this on BF, but I could not understand a thing they were sayin'

(Of course we are talking about NFL rules in this field goal attempt)

If you were to attempt an 111-yard field goal (1 yard deep in your own endzone), and miss it, would it be a safety for the other team?

That completely depends on if the team on defense at the time of the field goal attempt returns the miss... If they do, they take over at the spot the returner goes down... If they do not return the miss, then I do believe it is a safety... I don't foresee this ever happening, but it's a great question
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
      That completely depends on if the team on defense at the time of the field goal attempt returns the miss... If they do, they take over at the spot the returner goes down... If they do not return the miss, then I do believe it is a safety... I don't foresee this ever happening, but it's a great question
      Ok, sweet! Thanks!

Comment

Would they be trying the kick from the 6 yard line? (Kicker goes back 7 yards for the placement I believe) for it to be from a yard deep. If so then the other team would get it on the 6. If they're already in the endzone isn't it already a safety?

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
          Would they be trying the kick from the 6 yard line? (Kicker goes back 7 yards for the placement I believe) for it to be from a yard deep. If so then the other team would get it on the 6. If they're already in the endzone isn't it already a safety?
          After a missed field goal the defending team gets the ball at the spot of the kick itself, not the line of scrimmage.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

hmm that would be interesting.

I'd like to see the replacement refs call that

Comment

Only three kickers would I like to see this attempt made by....1st Our Own Matt the Money Maker Prater........2nd Dreaded Oakland Traitors Janokawski......3rd Jason Elam...............

Comment

Originally posted by DOMAN8R View Post
                Only three kickers would I like to see this attempt made by....1st Our Own Matt the Money Maker Prater........2nd Dreaded Oakland Traitors Janokawski......3rd Jason Elam...............
                really?? I just want to see SeaBass try it....Against us....With the game on the line......Cause it is an impossible kick

But to the OP.....I do not know....But it would have to be a safety if I had to guess. Honestly this might just be one of those questions that there just isnt an answer on the books for cause they never addressed it....BUt great question
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Funny you guys bring up the subject when I received this game alert from ESPN...

ESPN NFL - ARI FG 12:39 2ND - ARI 10 OAK 8 - Jay Feely 108 Yard Field Goal is Good

^ Get thay guy a new contract

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                    really?? I just want to see SeaBass try it....Against us....With the game on the line......Cause it is an impossible kick

But to the OP.....I do not know....But it would have to be a safety if I had to guess. Honestly this might just be one of those questions that there just isnt an answer on the books for cause they never addressed it....BUt great question
                    So you would be willing to let Seabass Attempt this for reals? Are you outta your mind! You must be because if there is a Kicker who could do it well Seabass is one I like to think our Own Matt the Money Maker Prater could as well! To be honest I would not want to see Seabass attempt this only knowing well he would own the NFL History Mark on us just like he tied it last year!

Comment

I'm completely guessing, but I would say that the ball would be placed at the 1 (much like a defensive pass interference in the endzone gets placed at the 1)
                      sigpic

Comment

Someone go try it on Madden?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOMAN8R View Post
                          So you would be willing to let Seabass Attempt this for reals? Are you outta your mind! You must be because if there is a Kicker who could do it well Seabass is one I like to think our Own Matt the Money Maker Prater could as well! To be honest I would not want to see Seabass attempt this only knowing well he would own the NFL History Mark on us just like he tied it last year!
                          Is this a joke?

Hardly any kickers in the NFL have enough leg to make 60 yarders, and you think Seabass could make a 111 yard field goal?

He can't. No one can. Smh.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post

Lmao best part of any Japaff post in history

I literally just busted out laughing!
                            Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 08-18-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

So you Do Not think even for one min of your life if there was no pressure that Seabass could not drill this or Matt Prater? I think one of two could If they can kick it from 70 yards what is another 30?

Comment

Working...
                              X