Moreno's A Keeper!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    He is a good solid back. Good at pass protection and has good hands.

His problem is he lacks burst and a 2nd gear, hence the lack of career 20 plus yard gains, but he'll do a good job for us.
    Yeah, but neither does Willis, that's not what we're looking for anyways. We have Hillman for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
      There is not an elite back on our roster, so we work with what we have.
      Agreed, and elite backs are over-rated. Elite QBs are where its at!
      sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
        Pretty sure he did and nothing in his comments indicate otherwise.

Nothing Moreno could have done would have convinced me he's an elite back in one game, let alone against maybe the worst team in the NFL.Maybe he can play well the rest of the way. We certainly need him to. I'm skeptical but hopeful.

First and foremost: Dude needs to stop tripping!
        Dude give credit were credit is dude. dont hate on the man. You can say the Chiefs are one of the worst offensive teams in the league, but the Chiefs have a stout defense and have the 4th ranked rushing defense in the league. The man been on the bench for 8 weeks, and had 20 carries coming off a major knee injury in his first game of extended action of the season. We didnt see him leaving the field (On his own terms without being sub out by the coach) because he was winded like he has in the past afer every two plays, that says a lot about how he worked on his conditioning. He has gotten bigger and stronger, that says a lot about his work ethic coming back from knee surgery.

I honesty feel like he could avg. 80-100 yards rushing, to add with 30-50 yards receiving for the rest of the season and some of you still wont be happy. No one is saying he is an elite back. I honestly feel you dont want him to play good just so you and the rest of the Knowshon haters can say, "I told you so, same old Knowshon." The man is a complete underdog, and I always wish for the underdog to come out on top when they have been through a lot and worked hard to get back to where they were before.

dont be a pessismist bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Dude. It's like 89% yes/si.
          I meant that one or more folks may have voted against giving Moreno anoter chance.......AFTER the KC game! That makes me wonder......the guy gains well over 100 all purpose yards, and looks really solid in the run game......and you still vote no to giving him a shot.

If that's the case, methinks someone is holding a grudge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
            Dude give credit were credit is dude. dont hate on the man. You can say the Chiefs are one of the worst offensive teams in the league, but the Chiefs have a stout defense and have the 4th ranked rushing defense in the league. The man been on the bench for 8 weeks, and had 20 carries coming off a major knee injury in his first game of extended action of the season. We didnt see him leaving the field (On his own terms without being sub out by the coach) because he was winded like he has in the past afer every two plays, that says a lot about how he worked on his conditioning. He has gotten bigger and stronger, that says a lot about his work ethic coming back from knee surgery.

I honesty feel like he could avg. 80-100 yards rushing, to add with 30-50 yards receiving for the rest of the season and some of you still wont be happy. No one is saying he is an elite back. I honestly feel you dont want him to play good just so you and the rest of the Knowshon haters can say, "I told you so, same old Knowshon." The man is a complete underdog, and I always wish for the underdog to come out on top when they have been through a lot and worked hard to get back to where they were before.

dont be a pessismist bro.
            Great post Cap'n. Need to spread it around.

The Bucs can't cover the screen like KC did. They don't have the backers for it. Knowshon should be able to rip them up the sidelines if it's in the gameplan. I think it was you who said before that that #1 run defense label is a bit skewed because no one needs to run on them, I think that's true too.

I think people like to hold grudges too, Can. Tucan?

Comment

• I think it's important to consider this when evaluating KnoMo.

Most of the games we've seen him play in were games with substandard QB's and John Fox' Broncos were KNOWN to rely on running the ball. Even with Manning Fox wont abandon the running game however, opponents HAVE to respect Manning's passing game. But with Orton and Tebow, it was 'stop the run' for opponents. They could dial in on it more times than not and even on 3rd and longs.

I think as long as Manning is passing for the Broncos, any average RB can get the job done in an adequate fashion if not actually break a couple plays. I'm not knocking Moreno, but just saying, I'm quite sure he's got bigger lanes to run through when Manning's passing game is involved in the offense
              Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• He did good i have to say but he needs to stay consistent and run hard every week. But is anyone else excited for jacob hester? Peyton Hillis 2.0 for the broncos? ;]

Comment

• If one wants his/her team to succeed, one should want all the individuals on that team to succeed as well.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    If one wants his/her team to succeed, one should want all the individuals on that team to succeed as well.
                    Yeah. Some people around here struggle with that.

In fact, the primary reason I'm on probation is for ranting and raving at those who want to see people on our team fail.

I pull for every Bronco, and won't give up on them til the day they're traded. Did it for Tebow, did it for B Lloyd, did it for Laurence Maroney, etc, etc, etc.

If they succeed the team succeeds. No need for politics in pro football.

Comment

• Some people want to see a player replaced with a better player. That doesn't mean they don't want their team to succeed.
                      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• During the offseason each NFL team goes through the process of re-signing their own FAs, signing FAs, maybe making a trade, preparing for the draft and signing UDFAs. Through mini-camps, training camp and preseason, the staff conducts a winnowing out process in meetings, practice and preseason games. Some players get hurt and others are released in order to construct a roster.

When that roster is set, that's your team. This isn't "fantasy" football. This is real football played on real football fields by real football players. When a player is having a problem, coaches help him fix it. The talk around here of benching Willis McGahee just before he got hurt should be instructive. The anti-Moreno trash talk on this message board last week should also be instructive.

When the Philadelphia Eagles acquired all the big name players a couple of years ago, there were those on this message board complaining about why couldn't the Broncos do something like that. There is more to building a winning Super Bowl contender than just getting great players. The Broncos have quite a few guys who were UDFAs, but who are playing very well. I guess those who don't understand coaching and team chemistry won't get it.

The Broncos are a focused team playing very well right now. It's up to each fan to decide if he/she is going to be supportive, or act like bad high school football parents who want to fire the coach. The time for roster improvement is the offseason. There is a playoff run underway right now, and it's next man up.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Actually, roster improvement is a year-round process. Scouts are pouring over tape of college games as well as pro games and making a shopping list for the off season. Then after the SB there are just a couple short months to get the draft boards done. The coaches and players have to be shortsighted, but the organization can't be and fans of the organization don't need to be either.
                          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X