Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bet: Lance Ball Will Make 53-Man Roster

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bet: Lance Ball Will Make 53-Man Roster

    Answer the poll, leave some Lance Ball-related comments, sit back and watch me be right/wrong.

    Loser of the bet eats crow in this thread.

    Finally we find out today, that way I can stop defending Lance Ball
    48
    Lance Ball Will Make The Team
    64.58%
    31
    Lance Ball Will Not Make The Team
    35.42%
    17


    sigpic


    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



    :cool:

  • #2
    why defend him, he sucks

    probably be on the 53 but still sucks
    sigpic
    -------

    Comment


    • #3
      I already posted this in another thread, but here ya go:

      I really hope it's Lance Ball (that gets cut). I've never really seen anything from him that impressed me too much. Ok, he can run between the tackles, but we have McGahee. OK, he can pass protect fairly well, but we have Moreno. Ok, he can catch the ball coming out of the backfield, but we have Hillman and Moreno... is it good enough to be 2nd or 3rd best in every area to make the team? I don't think so. If we only keep 3 RBs I would much rather it be McGahee, Moreno, and Hillman.

      And I'll CP bet that he won't make the team (if we only keep 3 RBs), even though I think I may be wrong. Obviously if the coaches decide to keep 4 he will be safe.

      Comment


      • #4
        I actually think we'll keep 4 runningbacks plus 1 fullback.

        The way I see it, Lance Ball is Willis McGahee's direct backup and Ronnie Hillman/Knowshon Moreno are the change-of-pace, 3rd down runningbacks.

        If we do keep only 3 runningbacks, I think Ball has a slight edge on Knowshon Moreno only because of special teams value, not talent.


        sigpic


        FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



        :cool:

        Comment


        • #5
          Kind of undecided but think he'll probably make it.
          sigpic
          2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
          2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
          BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

          Comment


          • #6
            he'll make the team because the coaches love him for some nebulous and illogical reason ("reliable," which he really isn't)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
              I actually think we'll keep 4 runningbacks plus 1 fullback.

              The way I see it, Lance Ball is Willis McGahee's direct backup and Ronnie Hillman/Knowshon Moreno are the change-of-pace, 3rd down runningbacks.

              If we do keep only 3 runningbacks, I think Ball has a slight edge on Knowshon Moreno only because of special teams value, not talent.
              That makes sense, but I'm one of the few people who thinks "SAUCED" would be capable to being the primary RB if McGahee were to go down, so we wouldn't need Ball. I think injuries have really slowed down Moreno's career so far, but if he could stay healthy I think he could live up to his high pick status. I mean, he was a pretty decent TD machine his first 2 years, and this offensive system is better suited for his skill set IMO.

              Comment


              • #8
                He is the number 2 back atm, soon that job will be taken by Hillman when he is healthy.

                Maybe something happens in the regular season to make things different.

                The biggest Lance Ball hate comes from the unreasonable Moreno love. Neither Ball nor Moreno can carry a NFL team through the playoff run imo. Hope Hillman becomes a good NFL back because right now all we have that is a proven reliable player at RB is McGahee.

                Ball is reliable but not a playmaker.

                Moreno is weak mentally. He runs bad because of his mental choices and if he gets even the slightest injury his play suffers dramtically.

                McGahee is the only elite quality back we currently have. He is old and can get injured easily but least he showed moxy last season playing with a sever hand injury and only fumbling twice with the injury.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  I actually think we'll keep 4 runningbacks plus 1 fullback.

                  The way I see it, Lance Ball is Willis McGahee's direct backup and Ronnie Hillman/Knowshon Moreno are the change-of-pace, 3rd down runningbacks.

                  If we do keep only 3 runningbacks, I think Ball has a slight edge on Knowshon Moreno only because of special teams value, not talent.
                  you dont give someone a job over another person far more talented because of special teams contributions
                  sigpic
                  -------

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cyanade View Post
                    he'll make the team because the coaches love him for some nebulous and illogical reason ("reliable," which he really isn't)
                    Durability, special teams value, well-roundedness and familiarity with Peyton Manning are not illogical reasons.

                    Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                    That makes sense, but I'm one of the few people who thinks "SAUCED" would be capable to being the primary RB if McGahee were to go down, so we wouldn't need Ball. I think injuries have really slowed down Moreno's career so far, but if he could stay healthy I think he could live up to his high pick status. I mean, he was a pretty decent TD machine his first 2 years, and this offensive system is better suited for his skill set IMO.
                    I used to be a huge Knowshon Moreno advocate, but I took of the blinders and realize that Knowshon Moreno cannot carry a full load as a runningback. His 3 year career has proved that thus far. But I do believe Knowshon Moreno is a valuable asset as a 3rd-down runningback.

                    I think Moreno is at his best when used as a situational player because it'll keep him healthy, fresh and effective throughout the entire season. Durability and stamina have been a huge issue with Moreno.
                    Last edited by getlynched47; 08-31-2012, 09:13 AM.


                    sigpic


                    FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                    :cool:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm sure he will make the team, but he shouldn't.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes,Lance makes the team. The coaches love him as ol' mr reliable. Which is what he is. He also is a STARTER on ST.

                        He is the #3 RB behind knowshon and mcgahee, but it matters not as we will be keeping 4.

                        Mcgahee, Moreno, HIllman, Ball.


                        Read it and weep.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          you dont give someone a job over another person far more talented because of special teams contributions
                          Funny you say that, because NFL teams cut talented, non-special teamers in favor of special team contributors all the time.


                          sigpic


                          FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



                          :cool:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                            I used to be a huge Knowshon Moreno advocate, but I took of the blinders and realize that Knowshon Moreno cannot carry a full load as a runningback. His 3 year career has proved that thus far. But I do believe Knowshon Moreno is a valuable asset as a 3rd-down runningback.

                            I think Moreno is at his best when used as a situational player because it'll keep him healthy, fresh and effective throughout the entire season. Durability and stamina have been a huge issue with Moreno.
                            But the way I see it now, he wouldn't need to be a work horse. We could give him 15-20 touches and Hillman 10-15. That kind of split would keep both guys fresh and our offense it's most explosive IMO.

                            I see your point about special teams in favor of Ball, but I think we'd be able to find 10 other guys who would be able to do that work if we cut Lance. Backup safety's and LB's in particular.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              He'll make the team b/c he does everything well but nothing great, and the coaches like him.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X