Importance of a Backup QB This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importance of a Backup QB This Year

Caleb Hanie is not good enough, I am sorry, he is simply not. Not a fan of the Osweiler selection, wanted Russell Wilson, I am even more skeptical about the Osweiler selection in the 2nd round. After watching him play in pre-season. That could be a major mistake by John Elway. Any information about potential QB cuts from other teams we can pick up. I know Josh Johnson is a potential cut by San fransisco. Won't mind if we pick him up. What do you guys think?

U are looking at it the wrong way. Hanie is an insurance policy. See if Manning gets injured and cannot play, then Hanie will take over. He will play poor and lose games. Thus ensuring both a high 1st round pick and us getting freed up from under Manning's massive year 2 and 3 contract. It's a calculated move, that it now appears they tried last year, but Tebow actually won games, lol! With Hanie, u can trust that "Mile High Magic" will not happen. Brock is the future and it's tough to judge a guy playing with 2nd & 3rd team, as those units are horrible, on both sides of the ball. Judge his 1st team reps, which he has gotten none of in the games. But it's all part of the plan.
    #swapping

Comment

Haine looked good playing with our starters. He moved the ball up the field and into the endzone against the 49ers starting defense. He put the ball on the money many times and threw to tight spots over and over. If Tebow played that exact performance against the 49ers starters people would be saying he showed great potential for the future. After that last game with the starters I am happy to have him as the backup. Even in the first pre season game after the first poor series in the red zone he had a pretty good game.

All I know is that people have their minds made up on him based off of a terrible season last year and a mediocre training camp. However in the pre season action he has been solid and looked better then Osweiler and Weber. If Manning goes down it will come down to how well the team can play defense and run the ball. As long as the quarterback doesn't have to do much and can ride on the rest of the teams back like last year we could still have a decent year in the case of an injury. Obviously if the other parts of the team can play really well.
      Last edited by johnlimburg; 08-28-2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Actually I think Weber looked the best of the 3 most of his passes were dropped or called back due to penalties but he at least hit his target. Osweiller got lucky a few times, and honestly forced Willis to extend his body (something we rarely see from him). Oswieller does not have the freciously huge hands of Foles or Wilson that give them the type of ball control, in fact I am wondering how much he really has. That and take away the fact he played a year in college (his junior year) where he was in a system that asked of very little in the thinking department. In the end hes a big arm QB with average intelligence and little ball control, I cant see the future there.

If we needed a future QB Foles and Wilson were it, Lindley and Cousins wont be bad backups but really we should have drafted the prior or waited a year, because now we will have to wait till probably 2015 for a new QB of tjhe future.

Before the UFL scoops him up we should go after Dennis Dixon
        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 08-28-2012, 07:09 AM.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

The osweiler pick it's a mistake, no QB in draft less 2 round, the mistake its done, Hanie its a back up i trust its fine, for my Weber=Osweiler.

Comment

I'd much rather have Weber than Hanie but even I know that Weber is going to the PS because he can.

I just hope Webby plays great against the Cards so he prove he is better than Hanie.
            All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
              I'd much rather have Weber than Hanie but even I know that Weber is going to the PS because he can.

I just hope Webby plays great against the Cards so he prove he is better than Hanie.
              Chances are if he does it might be an audition for another team

Comment

John Johnson?? Really? The season would be over with either Hanie or Josh Johnson on the field.
                Last edited by -Rod-; 08-28-2012, 09:39 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Osweiler hasn't looked that bad, the WRs just can't catch his passes. Then again he is gunning it in there. Hanie hasn't been bad either, he's solid for a backup. There was no way he could succeed in Chicago with that o-line and those WRs. Jay Cutler could make it work because Forte was tearing it up and teams had to respect Cutler too. Teams didn't have to respect Hanie and that o-line didn't help him at all. If Manning does go down which I doubt but if it does happen Hanie won't be horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Osweiler hasn't looked that bad, the WRs just can't catch his passes. Then again he is gunning it in there. Hanie hasn't been bad either, he's solid for a backup. There was no way he could succeed in Chicago with that o-line and those WRs. Jay Cutler could make it work because Forte was tearing it up and teams had to respect Cutler too. Teams didn't have to respect Hanie and that o-line didn't help him at all. If Manning does go down which I doubt but if it does happen Hanie won't be horrible.
                    Hanie also had to deal with no Forte the back-end of last season who went down a similar time to Cutler, so he didn't stand much chance with a horrid O-line and not much in the way of a running game.
                    sigpic

Comment

Still rooting for Weber

Love me an underdog and not a fan of Hanie
                      sigpic
                      Thank you Charger$

Comment

Why is it that whenever a Broncos player is anything less than perfect, some Denver fans has to post remarks like "he is a mistake" "cut him" "waste of a draft pick", etc. etc! Oz is a rookie not a 6 yr pro. Yes he has a lot to learn but give him a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                          Why is it that whenever a Broncos player is anything less than perfect, some Denver fans has to post remarks like "he is a mistake" "cut him" "waste of a draft pick", etc. etc! Oz is a rookie not a 6 yr pro. Yes he has a lot to learn but give him a chance!
                          I wish I could say its the nature of the forum with the arm chair GM's but its not. We Bronco fans expect a lot out the picks we make at QB because I suppose they feel entitled to having another Elway. As for the other positions its more of the arm chair GM, we want to be the ones that are right about the other player we should have drafted, and its the same way on other forums

Comment

KC has Matt Cassel backed up by Brady Quinn.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              KC has Matt Cassel backed up by Brady Quinn.
                              Ill be honest that might be a step up from Hanie

Though Curtis Painter on the Ravens that the bullet we dodged.

Comment

Working...
                              X