Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Ill be honest that might be a step up from Hanie

Though Curtis Painter on the Ravens that the bullet we dodged.
    Cassel or Quinn?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Cassel or Quinn?
      I am going to presume he means Quinn.. though the fact we are even asking that is a bit disconcerting for the chiefs... haha

Comment

Isn't it funny how now that Russell Wilson is going to be starting, people are coming out of the woodwork to say "I KNEW we should have picked him!! Osweiler is terrible!"
        Just a diehard Broncos Fan trying to make it living in Charger/Raider country (SoCal)

Comment

Russell Wilson was certainly an interesting prospect. If he was in Denver, he'd be on the bench behind Peyton Manning instead of starting in Seattle. Osweiler was drafted as a project.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrend View Post
            Isn't it funny how now that Russell Wilson is going to be starting, people are coming out of the woodwork to say "I KNEW we should have picked him!! Osweiler is terrible!"
            Actually I did I said Wilson or Foles would be the 2 best starters we could get, but I am not sure if either will be truly elite, which is why Lindley who or Cousins who are serviceable backups were good choices till we drafted next year.

Wilsons huge hands and pitching experience gave him great ball control. That and hes intelligent and studies the game well, picked up Wisconsins O within a week. Though I would not have sunk my chips into a short QB but I do believe he will be better then this caveman who is only slightly smarter then Tebow and has little control of his passes and was only drafted for his big arm.

You can check my record Ive even gotten infractions for saying this stuff when the draft occurred but really if push came to shove Ild of rather had Wilson then Brock.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Russell Wilson was certainly an interesting prospect. If he was in Denver, he'd be on the bench behind Peyton Manning instead of starting in Seattle. Osweiler was drafted as a project.
              Yes a huge project hes a cannon with great range but little targeting. Wilsons talents will be wasted in Seattle if the O-line is as bad as it was last year. The man throws threw the seems and he isnt necessarily a quick thrower so a good O-line helps but hes got a lot of speed which he can use when he has to. Here I think he wouldnt have needed to developed as much so it might have been wasting his ability but I still think as an instant Backup he was great.

Foles was a project who I think has higher potential and could possibly come in when needed (unlike Brock). So really for us that might have been the best pick. He is intelligent even more so I believe then Wilson but needs to learn where to throw the ball and needs to learn Defenses better, Foles could have developed well with Manning and I think his Arm and ball control make him the best blank slate.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                I am going to presume he means Quinn.. though the fact we are even asking that is a bit disconcerting for the chiefs... haha
                Yeah that pretty much sums up what I was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                  Actually I did I said Wilson or Foles would be the 2 best starters we could get, but I am not sure if either will be truly elite, which is why Lindley who or Cousins who are serviceable backups were good choices till we drafted next year.

Wilsons huge hands and pitching experience gave him great ball control. That and hes intelligent and studies the game well, picked up Wisconsins O within a week. Though I would not have sunk my chips into a short QB but I do believe he will be better then this caveman who is only slightly smarter then Tebow and has little control of his passes and was only drafted for his big arm.

You can check my record Ive even gotten infractions for saying this stuff when the draft occurred but really if push came to shove Ild of rather had Wilson then Brock.
                  i can't find any proof of him pitching i know he played second base in college and minors
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                    i can't find any proof of him pitching i know he played second base in college and minors
                    Oh 2nd base sorry I just remember seeing clips of him at spring training throwing the ball around, he looked amazing. So perhaps his ball control was just developed as a result of his large hands.

Comment

Importance of a Backup QB This Year

Many posters, including myself have continued to make statements along the lines of, "Well if Manning goes down then we're screwed anyways". And while that's true (if Manning were to go down for the year), there's still another possibility where not having a good backup QB could really end up biting us. What if Manning mildly sprains his ankle and is only out for a week or two? Those one or two games could be huge and if we don't have someone who is at least decent behind him (we all know Hanie sucks bad) then the whole season could go to waste because we weren't prepared properly. That would suck...If Hanie would have to fill in for a week or two, we'd definitely lose and it could ruin our entire season

With all this being said it leads me to my main point...I think we should go after Brian Hoyer

I think it makes sense in every way...I think he'd be willing to come here knowing how most people believe Manning is fragile at this point, and I'd honestly sign him to a long contract if possible because I'm not sold on Osweiler either. If I'm John Elway, I'm immediately calling Hoyer and trying to convince him to come be the backup here...I'd tell him look, you'll immediately be the #2 guy, and you could be our guy of the future if you show us you should be, nothing is settled

So, my first point of this is we really should find a good backup for Peyton who could fill in for a game or two if we need him this year, and my second point is Brian Hoyer is a guy I think we should target for the job

Then Elway should cut Hanie as soon as he gets off the phone

Comment

I saw a rumor we were actually interested in dealing for Matt Moore, who I think would be a better option than Hanie or Hoyer.

I think it depends on Miami getting Garrard back healthy and if it wouldn't be too expensive, but yes I agree with your point that having a sound backup is vitally important considering the rest of the roster looks very good, especially with the defense coming together.
                        A book I wrote

Comment

Is this a bring back a bring back Kyle Orton thread?

Comment

Was listening to Schefter on 102.3, he basically said my same thoughts.

We're boned regardless if Peyton goes down, there was no Plan B.

That said, i wouldn't mind Hoyer...

Comment

Wanna know the WORST case scenario, Broncos go 11-3 and lock up a playoff birth, and Manning goes down week 15, Hanie in the playoffs would be pathetic to watch.
                              Not only would we not win anything, we wouldn't get a high draft pick as a consolation prize.
                              I've found that prayer works best when you have big players... and Peyton Manning.

Comment

Hoyer knows nothing about our offense and has no chemistry with anyone on the team, any game he would play with us would be worse than Hanie. If Manning goes down, I'm calling Weber up off the practice squad to play next week. Weber has great chemistry with Decker from their days at Minnesota and we can lean on our running game until Manning comes back

Comment

Working...
                                X