Broncos claim no players off of waivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos claim no players off of waivers

The Broncos did not put in a waiver claim on any of the players cut from other teams during the past 24 hours, which means they decided to stick with the 53-man roster they assembled Friday. At least for now. The Broncos can continue to tinker with their 53-man roster up until the hours prior to their season opener Sept. 9 against Pittsburgh.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-texans/15319/
    Where is this season going?

Interesting... though honestly there wasn't anyone that really jumped out at me.. maybe some help at fullback.

Comment

It's okay. This doesn't mean that the Broncos aren't currently negotiating contracts with recently released players not subject to the waiver wire system (veterans of 4+ years NFL experience).

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
        Interesting... though honestly there wasn't anyone that really jumped out at me.. maybe some help at fullback.
        Yeah, when you are 25th in line, I'm sure the pickin's were slim to none.
        Where is this season going?

Comment

Not exactly a huge surprise.

I mean, we were 24th or 25th on the waiver wire.

Still see us signing a vet or two to round out the team, likely at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
            The Broncos did not put in a waiver claim on any of the players cut from other teams during the past 24 hours, which means they decided to stick with the 53-man roster they assembled Friday. At least for now. The Broncos can continue to tinker with their 53-man roster up until the hours prior to their season opener Sept. 9 against Pittsburgh.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-texans/15319/
            After last year when they didn't even sniff the wire when we were #2nd in line, I'm not surprised they didn't do anything this season either

I really hope they do something about the back up QB tho
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

it could also mean they are just waiting for guys to clear waivers so they can be signed without having to honor the previous contract.
              sigpic

Comment

Kinda suprised by this....but then again, I dont see much going on league-wide

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  It's okay. This doesn't mean that the Broncos aren't currently negotiating contracts with recently released players not subject to the waiver wire system (veterans of 4+ years NFL experience).
                  Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  it could also mean they are just waiting for guys to clear waivers so they can be signed without having to honor the previous contract.

Both good points.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    99% of the contracts would be minimum salary anyway so this is not a valid argument...

Comment

I see this as a good sign that our coaches are good with the roster as is. Now they can work to jell this into a working team with Manning being like a playing coach on Offense and Champ being a leader on Defense!

Comment

I personally do not think any obvious major talent upgrades are out there.

If you gonna look at a guy for potential may as well go with the potential that went through TC and PS with your team.

Only player I wish we still had is Syd man
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I am still worried about our S, LB, and OL depth. I really believe we are susceptible due to what I saw in the preseason from the 2nd and 3rd teamers at these positions. The bright spot may be we all aren't complaining about our depth at the DL positions.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not surprised by this, teams rarely make many roster moves at the end of preseason. Its much easier just to go with the players you already have, rather than try to sign somebody, have them learn the playbook, etc.

Comment

Wish we would've grabbed a talented FB. That's all really, fine with our WRs and Hanie.

Comment

Working...
                              X