Broncos claim no players off of waivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    It's okay. This doesn't mean that the Broncos aren't currently negotiating contracts with recently released players not subject to the waiver wire system (veterans of 4+ years NFL experience).
    It's more likely they would try and work a trade, but that too is unlikely at this point.

Remember that the current 53 man roster is only going to last for the first 4 games. Then Virgil Green comes off suspension and they have to make a roster move to cut someone. Possibly they waive Phillip Blake at that point. I have NO IDEA why they didn't put him on P.S. to begin with. He's been little short of horrible the entire preseason.

I had him about a 50-50 proposition to be cut outright, but I guess being an Elway draft pick they wanted to work with him for another year.

God help us if he has to play in a regular season game! Manning wouldn't last a quarter.

Seriously, if Blake ever had to step in at center, the best thing to do would be to put Hanie in there at QB!

I'm not joking.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
      99% of the contracts would be minimum salary anyway so this is not a valid argument...
      Actually it IS a perfectly valid argument. If a guy is waived and signed by another team before the season starts, his entire salary for that season is guaranteed. But, if he's signed AFTER the start of the season it's not and he gets paid on a per game basis. In the case of a veteran this can amount to several million dollars.
      sigpic

Comment

We are going with plan "A"
        "It's been all business. Everybody's asking me where I'm living. I been living over here, living here at the facility."
        sigpic

Comment

Philip Blake is currently listed as backup LG. CJ Davis is the backup C plus the Broncos just signed Quentin Saulsberry to the PS, and they list him as C although he played all OL positions in college.

Blake, Davis and Saulsberry could all be regarded as Center/Guards; Manny is in that category as well.

Another factor pointing to deleting an OL when Green returns from suspension is Kuper's return to the starting lineup.

Another issue is when DJ eventually returns from his long suspension and what that will do to the roster.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Not sure how some of the backups that got released aren't better than Hanie. He's awful.

Plan 'A' only i guess.
            sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Good news for you guys, it means your staff is confident in the team they assembled. The Raiders picked up a few guys, and that worries me because they didn't spend camp/preseason with us. There's a bit of a learning curve there, especially if we expect them to play right off the bat.
              SEMPER FI

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                Not sure how some of the backups that got released aren't better than Hanie. He's awful.

Plan 'A' only i guess.

Such as????
                Where is this season going?

Comment

Working...
                X