No announcement yet.

Depth Chart Going into the season Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still dont get what this FO's obsession is with Ball.. He'll randomly make a cool play but drows it out with garbage ones every 100 snaps in between

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      Nothing is interesting about having the more talented player higher in the depth chart. Who has also produced better in games.
      Yes I know he's more talented and based on talent alone he should be #2. It's just that this whole pre season it's been Ball who's been #2. So I thought it was pretty interesting that Moreno became #2 after Ball has been #2 during the preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by swaiy View Post
        It's not that farfetched. He was #2 last year before going down due to injury.
        Actually, he was #1.

Comment

Actually, he was #1.
          Not after McGahee took over the #1 spot, which was what I was referring to. The point is, he was always higher than Ball on the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
            Yes I know he's more talented and based on talent alone he should be #2. It's just that this whole pre season it's been Ball who's been #2. So I thought it was pretty interesting that Moreno became #2 after Ball has been #2 during the preseason.
            I think it was because Moreno wasn't completely 100%

Comment

Jim Leonhard is #1 PR. Hope we never see Decker there and risk injury on a return.
              sigpic

Comment

The only thing I don't like is Keith Brooking ahead of Danny Trevathan on the depth chart. Trevathan looked really good in the preseason while Brooking didn't even play.
                sigpic

Comment

Actually, he was #1.
                  yea how short memories are

He was number 1 and even after week one in 2011 people were saying Moreno is all that and the blocking sucks and is the cause for all Moreno's shortcomings.

Then week 2 came and Denver once again got to see what a good NFL back is.

Anyways hope Moreno is hungry and wants to prove he is worth being on the team. His attitude will determine all now.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Just based on talent alone? I think Moreno "should" be number 2 on the depth chart. The big question with him isn't whether he should be our #2 rb, it's whether he can stay healthy and be on the field. He isn't in the same league with WM but he is light years better than Ball (when healthy). I see Hillman as more of a scat back, Darren Sproles role, so that automatically puts him lower on the depth chart if he is a "change of pace" kind of back. These are just my thoughts though, we will see how the season pans out soon.

Comment

Blake is backup LG; Davis is backup C.

Two DEs who can play inside, Wolfe and Jackson.

Tony Carter made the team apparently by outplaying Drayton Florence.

Omar Bolden made the team on KR ability and perceived CB potential.

PS has two DL and a S with a LB returning from suspension ... eventually.

With nine OL on the roster, the Broncos have two on the PS.

Interesting developments.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The difficult part will be predicting which 9 guys will be inactive on gamedays. We need them all!

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

My guess would be some O-line a LB or 2 and Brock will probably be. I could also see 1 of the RB's and a TE.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

Seven inactive? I would guess two OL, one RB, one DT, a Backer, a Safety and a Corner. That's based on the depth chart. Injured guys are always inactive. The depth chart doesn't show KO, KOR, P, PR & XPA/FGA teams, so it's hard to tell. Each of those has a depth chart and we don't know who is first team on each.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Seven inactive? I would guess two OL, one RB, one DT, a Backer, a Safety and a Corner. That's based on the depth chart. Injured guys are always inactive. The depth chart doesn't show KO, KOR, P, PR & XPA/FGA teams, so it's hard to tell. Each of those has a depth chart and we don't know who is first team on each.
                              8 inactive, I believe. 45 players out of the 53 man roster are allowed to be active.

Chris Kuper is a given. Our #3 QB is a given. Either Phillilp Blake or CJ Davis is a given. The rest I have no clue how we'll work that one out.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
                                I see Hillman as more of a scat back, Darren Sproles role, so that automatically puts him lower on the depth chart if he is a "change of pace" kind of back. These are just my thoughts though, we will see how the season pans out soon.
                                I think Sproles has turned himself into a valuable asset; I think hillman will be able to do the same. I just don't know if he will get enough playing time this yr to see how good he really is...especially if Moreno can finally find a way to stay healthy (fingers crossed)

Comment

Working...
                                X