Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Depth Chart Going into the season Offense

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Blake is backup LG; Davis is backup C.

    Two DEs who can play inside, Wolfe and Jackson.

    Tony Carter made the team apparently by outplaying Drayton Florence.

    Omar Bolden made the team on KR ability and perceived CB potential.

    PS has two DL and a S with a LB returning from suspension ... eventually.

    With nine OL on the roster, the Broncos have two on the PS.

    Interesting developments.
    I would even say Ayers can play inside, though not to the degree of the other two. Our only DE who doesn't go inside is Dumervil, which is pretty crazy versatility considering Von comes in as a DE.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Jenke7 View Post
      I think Sproles has turned himself into a valuable asset; I think hillman will be able to do the same. I just don't know if he will get enough playing time this yr to see how good he really is...especially if Moreno can finally find a way to stay healthy (fingers crossed)
      I would love for Hillman to volunteer to be a returner, so he can show what he's made of on a different scale, similar to how Sproles did. If you're a playmaker, you're a playmaker, do it in other phases of the game if capable.
      Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

      Comment


      • #33
        Stokley will start in the slot and he doesn't play Special Teams.

        Surprised that Ayers wont be starting, but instead backing up Doom, with Wolfe on the left side.

        Knoshow at #2 isn't a surprised, he impressed Elway and company during preseason. Hillman is a rookie and didn't do much to special in camp or preseason. Ball I just don't see as a better back than Moreno(when Moreno is healthy).
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Kazmo View Post
          The only thing I don't like is Keith Brooking ahead of Danny Trevathan on the depth chart. Trevathan looked really good in the preseason while Brooking didn't even play.
          As long as Brooking can contain his violent outbursts he has been well known as one of the best emotinal leaders in the NFL, and they are hoping he will rub off on Trevathan and other young high potential players to help make the team better in the future. Not to mention he and Leonhard are known for giving big hits. Still I dont like the fact we are gambling on injured vets to make an impact, but Leonhard and Brooking are healthy again.

          Though it would be nice to get the Brooking from 7 years ago the man can still be useful after we lost Dawk
          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-04-2012, 09:47 AM.
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

            Knoshow at #2 isn't a surprised, he impressed Elway and company during preseason. Hillman is a rookie and didn't do much to special in camp or preseason. Ball I just don't see as a better back than Moreno(when Moreno is healthy).


            All I remember is people who went to camp saying that hillman looked much better than knowshon in camp. Which is 100% contradictory to what I myself saw when I went to camp all those days....Funny, how those people have disappeared from these threads.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
              All I remember is people who went to camp saying that hillman looked much better than knowshon in camp. Which is 100% contradictory to what I myself saw when I went to camp all those days....Funny, how those people have disappeared from these threads.
              People were even trying to say Ball was outplaying him.. Lol

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                All I remember is people who went to camp saying that hillman looked much better than knowshon in camp. Which is 100% contradictory to what I myself saw when I went to camp all those days....Funny, how those people have disappeared from these threads.
                I don't know who said he looked better but I did see people saying Moreno wasn't looking too good.

                Moreno was still recovering from injury and Hillman suffered an injury so I wouldn't even try to say one is better because we haven't seen them fully healthy together to judge. Moreno has looked better than he used to and Hillman has been our leading rusher without even playing half of the preseason so I like what I'm seeing from both of them at this point.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Hillman didn't show anything in preseason?? Did you not watch the Arizona game? Albeit it was one game against mostly second teamers but I could tell just by that game he has the kind of burst and vision to contribute this year. I'm not saying put him higher on the depth chart, he only played one game, but to say he didn't do anything this camp or pre-season is somewhate inaccurate.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Again. GO BRONCOS

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      As long as Brooking can contain his violent outbursts he has been well known as one of the best emotinal leaders in the NFL, and they are hoping he will rub off on Trevathan and other young high potential players to help make the team better in the future. Not to mention he and Leonhard are known for giving big hits. Still I dont like the fact we are gambling on injured vets to make an impact, but Leonhard and Brooking are healthy again.

                      Though it would be nice to get the Brooking from 7 years ago the man can still be useful after we lost Dawk
                      I really do not have a problem with keeping these two vets. The reason I say this is we did not really lose anyone in those positions that was actually better on the field and these guys have some veteran presence. If these guys can heal up I think it will be of a benefit to our young players just like Stokley will be.

                      Lead by example........
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Moreno will be the third down back and thrive in that roll. I have a feeling he will get one or two big plays a game as Manning moves him around in space.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Add Ryan Harris being released as an interesting development.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Mr. Chaz View Post
                            Hillman didn't show anything in preseason?? Did you not watch the Arizona game? Albeit it was one game against mostly second teamers but I could tell just by that game he has the kind of burst and vision to contribute this year. I'm not saying put him higher on the depth chart, he only played one game, but to say he didn't do anything this camp or pre-season is somewhate inaccurate.
                            Wow did he really preform great vs Arizona? I didn't know that was special enough to suggest that he should get more play time and be higher on the depth chart than Knoshow and Ball.

                            It's the 4th game of the Preseason, it's your joke to prove you are worth staying on the team.

                            He will have a seemly role with this team that Darren Sproles had with the Chargers and now has with the Saints. Moreno will be the 3rd down back and a back often used on passing situations, same goes for Ball. Hillman will probably see more time on a PR or KR situation than anything else this season barring injuries. Which we all know is possible with Moreno.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              The depth chart was updated today. Moreno is listed as the #2 RB.

                              http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html
                              And all was right with the world. Won't be long till Ronnie sends ball to the bench
                              sigpic

                              2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                [QUOTE=InsaneBlaze23;4499320]Wow did he really preform great vs Arizona? I didn't know that was special enough to suggest that he should get more play time and be higher on the depth chart than Knoshow and Ball.QUOTE]

                                You quite obviously didn't read my post, the sarcasm isn't necessary and in this case just makes you look stupid.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X