Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
    Hillman weighs more than Sproles dude.

The guy is our leading rusher in the preseason after only 2 games and that's remarkable considering him having an injury and being a rookie. That has to count for something. That's why guys are excited to see what he brings this season.

You are right about the body type relating to production part. Because we all were hoping Moreno would be the next Ray Rice.

Moreno has also been running against guys who don't have jobs and I remember how you and others were calling the o-line garbage when he wasn't good the first few games. Well Hillman has also been behind that same garbage line so if he's just been average then Moreno has also been average because their numbers aren't too far apart.

You say we'd be lucky if he were here after two seasons? You must've forgotten about Moreno's situation...
    Dude, he played against 3rd and 4th stringers in both games. the same guys thats bugging their agents to find them jobs now.

Comment

Hillman weighs more than Sproles dude.

The guy is our leading rusher in the preseason after only 2 games and that's remarkable considering him having an injury and being a rookie. That has to count for something. That's why guys are excited to see what he brings this season.

You are right about the body type relating to production part. Because we all were hoping Moreno would be the next Ray Rice.

Moreno has also been running against guys who don't have jobs and I remember how you and others were calling the o-line garbage when he wasn't good the first few games. Well Hillman has also been behind that same garbage line so if he's just been average then Moreno has also been average because their numbers aren't too far apart.

You say we'd be lucky if he were here after two seasons? You must've forgotten about Moreno's situation...
      Moreno has only ever ran against 1st and second team players. Moreno had a better preseason than Hillman against superior defenders. That's all we have to compare the two, unless you count moren's first 3 years, which only increases the lead he has.

Hillman was a 3rd round pick, they are far from sure things. If he does well enough to be on the roster in two years, which I believe he will, then yes we should consider ourselves lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
        Dude, he played against 3rd and 4th stringers in both games. the same guys thats bugging their agents to find them jobs now.
        So that means we can forget about our terrible o-line depth that everyone was crying about? When Moreno was running with backups he got nothing but excuses such as that. Same for Ball but hey he's not even that good to begin with.

All I'm saying is give the kid some credit because he deserves it. If he stunk it up then you guys wouod definitely be throwing it in people's faces. It's not like we could've expected him to be our leading rusher after only two games, backups or not.

I understand you guys love Moreno but that doesn't give you any right to write off Hillman for no reason. It's not fair at all to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
          They are both listed at 190, so no, he is skinner.
          He weighed in at 200lbs at the combine:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ronnie-hillman

This article here says he was putting on weight for the NFL:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ing-again-nfl/
          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

So who gets cut when Virgil Green returns?
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

So that means we can forget about our terrible o-line depth that everyone was crying about? When Moreno was running with backups he got nothing but excuses such as that. Same for Ball but hey he's not even that good to begin with.

All I'm saying is give the kid some credit because he deserves it. If he stunk it up then you guys wouod definitely be throwing it in people's faces. It's not like we could've expected him to be our leading rusher after only two games, backups or not.

I understand you guys love Moreno but that doesn't give you any right to write off Hillman for no reason. It's not fair at all to him.
              Another way to put that would be that we have depth at the RB position.

It wasn't so long ago we ran into a situation where there just weren't enough rock toters. At least three of these guys will have been starters by week 12. Not much to argue about at that point.

Solidarity among fans...
              [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                Jim Leonhard is #1 PR. Hope we never see Decker there and risk injury on a return.
                Why would they use Decker when Leonhard has years of experience with the Jets as PR? Unless he muffs a punt he's going to be the PR this season. And Bolden is the KR who stands in the end-zone and watches the kick sail into the stands 8 home games every year.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                  Hillman said a few times that he wasn't 100% with his hammy yet, which means A LOT for a Runningback. Let's also not forget that he's a rookie, not a 4th year player. He's only going to get better game by game, and he will eventually pass Moreno if he stays healthy.

The Broncos were high on this kid, moving up in the third to get him, and he's their guy. They inherited Moreno, and although he has a place on this team, he's not going to hold off Hillman unless the kid underperforms. He's too explosive to not get a lot of touches.

If you think that Elway doesn't believe the Broncos need a homerun hitter, then they wouldn't have drafted Hillman in the first place. Elway played with TD and he knows what it's like to have a guy who can take it to the house when he touches the ball. It matters..
                  This is all true. You'll notice that Elway LOVES his draft picks. Every single Elway pick of the last 2 years is on the current roster except Mike Muhammad. And probably the only reason he didn't make it was that they signed Brooking.

Hillman is going to be given every chance to surpass Knowshon, and he probably will, either this season or next. Just because Knowshon outplayed Jeremiah Johnson for the 4th RB roster spot does not mean his place on this team is secure. He has to stay healthy or he could be waived and they would promote Hillman and bring in Johnson off the PS to take Knowshon's roster spot and be the 4th RB.

I think a lot of people were misled by the pre-season depth chart. Fox said it was all but meaningless and he wouldn't even release one, except that the league requires it. I think Fox liked to be deliberately misleading there.

Ball was competing with Omon to be the short-yardage back. He's NOT a feature back and he was never going to replace McGahee at the #1 RB spot if McGahee missed a game with injury. Knowshon was competing with Hillman to be the backup to McGahee, and he played well enough in the preseason, especially during the 4th game, to secure his roster spot.

For now. Hillman is still nursing an injured hamstring and probably won't suit up with the active 45. They should let him rest it for the first 4 games until he's completely healthy, and I think barring injury to a RB they will.

Remember that they will have to waive somebody to make room for Virgil Green. Hopefully, it's not Knowshon. You would think they would just put Juilus Thomas on the practice squad, but they may well want to go with 4 TEs this year like last year. (Dreesen, Tamme, Green & Thomas).
                  Last edited by Cugel; 09-06-2012, 11:35 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

By the time Virgil Green returns from what I consider to be an unfair suspension, the Broncos will probably have someone on that side of the ball to put on IR. It isn't only Green, but Kuper returning as well, so maybe an OL will be released or placed on IR.

Green is important so that the Broncos can line up tight and actually have two blocking TEs. It doesn't seem that Tamme will ever be much of a blocker, but perhaps there is hope for Julius Thomas?
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                      This is all true. You'll notice that Elway LOVES his draft picks. Every single Elway pick of the last 2 years is on the current roster except Mike Muhammad. And probably the only reason he didn't make it was that they signed Brooking.

Hillman is going to be given every chance to surpass Knowshon, and he probably will, either this season or next. Just because Knowshon outplayed Jeremiah Johnson for the 4th RB roster spot does not mean his place on this team is secure. He has to stay healthy or he could be waived and they would promote Hillman and bring in Johnson off the PS to take Knowshon's roster spot and be the 4th RB.

I think a lot of people were misled by the pre-season depth chart. Fox said it was all but meaningless and he wouldn't even release one, except that the league requires it. I think Fox liked to be deliberately misleading there.

Ball was competing with Omon to be the short-yardage back. He's NOT a feature back and he was never going to replace McGahee at the #1 RB spot if McGahee missed a game with injury. Knowshon was competing with Hillman to be the backup to McGahee, and he played well enough in the preseason, especially during the 4th game, to secure his roster spot.

For now. Hillman is still nursing an injured hamstring and probably won't suit up with the active 45. They should let him rest it for the first 4 games until he's completely healthy, and I think barring injury to a RB they will.

Remember that they will have to waive somebody to make room for Virgil Green. Hopefully, it's not Knowshon. You would think they would just put Juilus Thomas on the practice squad, but they may well want to go with 4 TEs this year like last year. (Dreesen, Tamme, Green & Thomas).
                      he outplayed him for the 2nd running back spot
                      sigpic
                      -------

Comment

Moreno ran behind the same OL, but against the Cadrinals 1st defense.

Yardage totals mean nothing in the preseason. Yards per carry or touch are more important. Hillman had the most touches of all the RBs, of course he should lead them in yardage.

I'm not writing Hillman off at all. I've said several times I think he is part of the future here at the RB position. I just think Moreno is, and will be, and much better player than him, and nothing farfetched about that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                          He weighed in at 200lbs at the combine:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ronnie-hillman

This article here says he was putting on weight for the NFL:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ing-again-nfl/
                          The Broncos list him as 190.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                            So who gets cut when Virgil Green returns?
                            My vote is Julius Thomas, unless he does something worth keeping him around.

Comment

I think you're missing the fact that Moreno is #2 to McGahee now. He has been since after the SF game, seeing as he started the AZ game ahead of Ball, and then it was displayed in the updated depth chart.

Comment

Stokely is the slot receiver. I don't think he will start if either DT or Decker goes down. They don't want him running deep outs, so Caldwell, who has blazing speed but hands of stone will replace either Decker or D.T. if they are injured.

As for all the hate of Lance Ball, his making the team was inevitable as soon as they cut Omon. He's a power back who will be used in short-yardage, but can also catch a pass out of the backfield. McGahee, Hillman and Moreno are a different type of back. Johnson is like Hillman & Moreno.

Thus, there was no point putting Johnson on the team instead of Ball.
                                I agree with this. I don't like Ball that much, but if McGahee goes down, there aren't any tough runners left between Knowshon/Hillman/JJ. Hillman is basically a cloned version of JJ, there'd be no point in cutting Ball and keeping JJ with somebody already on the team that fills the same role.

Comment

Working...
                                X