• Show
Clear All

• -Rod-
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    So, you have no regrets about disappearing from these message boards for a long time to run away from a sig bet that you lost and never honored.
    What? I have posted consistantly since the day I joined, and I carried an "I was wrong about Hillis" sig for 13 months. That's one month longer than I was supposed to have it for, just because I'm always on mobile and forgot about it.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Go Broncos!

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    If you really think that it's on topic with the thread, sure. Anyone that's been here longer than two years remembers that thread, I'm sure. I have no regrets.
    So, you have no regrets about disappearing from these message boards for a long time to run away from a sig bet that you lost and never honored.

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixDread
    replied
    Moreno ran behind the same OL, but against the Cadrinals 1st defense.

Yardage totals mean nothing in the preseason. Yards per carry or touch are more important. Hillman had the most touches of all the RBs, of course he should lead them in yardage.

I'm not writing Hillman off at all. I've said several times I think he is part of the future here at the RB position. I just think Moreno is, and will be, and much better player than him, and nothing farfetched about that at all.
    All I did was give him some credit for being the leading rusher after only having two games and being a rookie while nursing a hamstring injury. I never said anything about him being better than Knowshon but you and captain seem to have taken it that way with how you guys try to discredit the guy and talk up Knowshon. We know preseason yardage doesn't matter but you can't sit here and tell me the coaches are as unimpressed as you guys are.

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    As much as I want to see what Hillman can do I don't have a problem with them working him in slowly. Let him learn how to pickup the rush and pass block. We all have seen him run but it is the other part of his game that he needs to work on and once that is there this guy could be special.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Frankenpost View Post
    Yes...Yes..and Yes. He isn't now, but not a few years back when we really needed a RB.

Besides, i was just busting your chops. Unless you want me to link the old Hillis Thread?
    If you really think that it's on topic with the thread, sure. Anyone that's been here longer than two years remembers that thread, I'm sure. I have no regrets.

Leave a comment:

• Frankenpost
    replied
    You bring up Hillis? The selfish, injury prone fumbling machine? Who is also a Kansas City Chief? He is not that good.
    Yes...Yes..and Yes. He isn't now, but not a few years back when we really needed a RB.

Besides, i was just busting your chops. Unless you want me to link the old Hillis Thread?

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Frankenpost View Post
    Can't!........Take!......You!......Serious!....... ..About.....RB's!

Peyton Hillis!!!!
    If you can't appreciate facts, and both of those quotes are facts, then I don't know what to tell you.

You bring up Hillis? The selfish, injury prone fumbling machine? Who is also a Kansas City Chief? He is not that good.

Leave a comment:

• Frankenpost
    replied
    I'm not writing Hillman off at all. I've said several times I...
    I think you're missing the fact that Moreno is #2 to McGahee now. He has been since after the SF game, seeing as he...
    Can't!........Take!......You!......Serious!....... ..About.....RB's!

Peyton Hillis!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel View Post
    Stokely is the slot receiver. I don't think he will start if either DT or Decker goes down. They don't want him running deep outs, so Caldwell, who has blazing speed but hands of stone will replace either Decker or D.T. if they are injured.

As for all the hate of Lance Ball, his making the team was inevitable as soon as they cut Omon. He's a power back who will be used in short-yardage, but can also catch a pass out of the backfield. McGahee, Hillman and Moreno are a different type of back. Johnson is like Hillman & Moreno.

Thus, there was no point putting Johnson on the team instead of Ball.
    I agree with this. I don't like Ball that much, but if McGahee goes down, there aren't any tough runners left between Knowshon/Hillman/JJ. Hillman is basically a cloned version of JJ, there'd be no point in cutting Ball and keeping JJ with somebody already on the team that fills the same role.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel View Post
    This is all true. You'll notice that Elway LOVES his draft picks. Every single Elway pick of the last 2 years is on the current roster except Mike Muhammad. And probably the only reason he didn't make it was that they signed Brooking.

Hillman is going to be given every chance to surpass Knowshon, and he probably will, either this season or next. Just because Knowshon outplayed Jeremiah Johnson for the 4th RB roster spot does not mean his place on this team is secure. He has to stay healthy or he could be waived and they would promote Hillman and bring in Johnson off the PS to take Knowshon's roster spot and be the 4th RB.

I think a lot of people were misled by the pre-season depth chart. Fox said it was all but meaningless and he wouldn't even release one, except that the league requires it. I think Fox liked to be deliberately misleading there.

Ball was competing with Omon to be the short-yardage back. He's NOT a feature back and he was never going to replace McGahee at the #1 RB spot if McGahee missed a game with injury. Knowshon was competing with Hillman to be the backup to McGahee, and he played well enough in the preseason, especially during the 4th game, to secure his roster spot.

For now. Hillman is still nursing an injured hamstring and probably won't suit up with the active 45. They should let him rest it for the first 4 games until he's completely healthy, and I think barring injury to a RB they will.

Remember that they will have to waive somebody to make room for Virgil Green. Hopefully, it's not Knowshon. You would think they would just put Juilus Thomas on the practice squad, but they may well want to go with 4 TEs this year like last year. (Dreesen, Tamme, Green & Thomas).
    I think you're missing the fact that Moreno is #2 to McGahee now. He has been since after the SF game, seeing as he started the AZ game ahead of Ball, and then it was displayed in the updated depth chart.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    So who gets cut when Virgil Green returns?
    My vote is Julius Thomas, unless he does something worth keeping him around.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    He weighed in at 200lbs at the combine:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ronnie-hillman

This article here says he was putting on weight for the NFL:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...ing-again-nfl/
    The Broncos list him as 190.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by PhoenixDread View Post
    So that means we can forget about our terrible o-line depth that everyone was crying about? When Moreno was running with backups he got nothing but excuses such as that. Same for Ball but hey he's not even that good to begin with.

All I'm saying is give the kid some credit because he deserves it. If he stunk it up then you guys wouod definitely be throwing it in people's faces. It's not like we could've expected him to be our leading rusher after only two games, backups or not.

I understand you guys love Moreno but that doesn't give you any right to write off Hillman for no reason. It's not fair at all to him.
    Moreno ran behind the same OL, but against the Cadrinals 1st defense.

Yardage totals mean nothing in the preseason. Yards per carry or touch are more important. Hillman had the most touches of all the RBs, of course he should lead them in yardage.

I'm not writing Hillman off at all. I've said several times I think he is part of the future here at the RB position. I just think Moreno is, and will be, and much better player than him, and nothing farfetched about that at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X