Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there were new unis how would you want them to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "butterfly collar" look is the only thing I actually just don't like. Why some teams have them and others don't is beyond me. Green Bay, Pitt, and NE don't have them. I believe Elway and Ellis gave the okay for that one. When Nile sent the approval, Elway should have sent a photo of the jersey he wore in the 80's along with a personalized Pulp Fiction-esq Sam Jackson-gram:

*** This is the SFW version ***

Sam--- "Do u see a mickeyfickey butterfly collar on MR. Elway?!?"

Nike--- "What?"

Sam--- "Do u see a mickeyfickey butterfly collar?!?" In a more authoritative tone

Nike--- "What?"

Sam--- "Say "What" again, I dare u....I double dare u mickeyfickey!! DO U SEE A BUTTERFLY COLLAR ON MR.ELWAY?"

Nike--- "No"

Sam--- "Well why did try to fudge the team and fans with one, Nike?"

Nike--- " We got in this with the best of intentions---" (interrupted by Sam)

Sam--- "Best intentions? Do you read the Bible Mr.Nike? Because Mr.Elway had a guy that loved the Bible and he read me a passage... You ever read Tebow 3:16?"

At this point things get real ugly!!!

****Sorry to stop mid loooonng post, but the wife is nagging me to start the grill, lol!!
    #swapping

Comment

I really like the current uniforms. They remain one of the best in the NFL and look different from the rest.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        Dude I absolutely love these! You should send it to Elways twitter haha. But seriously did you design these?? They are perfect what about a blue on blue one though??

Comment

these are nice.

Comment

These are actually pretty cool, I wouldnt mind these at all. Other than the jersey, its pretty damn close to what I like.

Comment

I have a logo I made combining the old with the new, but I can't get it on this forum. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://s1073.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0
              sigpic

Comment

I really am glad most people here are designing unis for us. I am with Rod, I like what we currently have. I wouldn't mind a little more dark blue to frame in some areas, but going back to the old logo and some of those awful 70's unis - no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                  these uniforms?
                  You guys should really go back to these. I haven't liked your uniforms in years. The old "D" on the helmet was pretty cool.
                  SEMPER FI

Comment

That's the best Bronco uni.
                    SEMPER FI

Comment

I like them as they are now. The collar sucks but it's part of Nike's design on most uni's. I wouldn't mind going back to a less neon orange and a less blue blue if that makes sense. But I like the stripes on our uni's now, especially with the sharper design on the pants. I really like the design that BfinPA posted with the short blue cuff sleeves.

Comment

I really like the new uniforms.

They stand out in a good way and the orange is rather intimidating although that could just be me! Ha!
                        All in for Siemian!

Comment

I loved the old uni's and I hated it when I first saw the new logo and unis. But, we never won a superbowl with the old ones and we won the first two years with the new one. As much as I loved the old ones my vote is stay with the current unis. I am extremely glad we will be wearing orange this year
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                            EXACTLY!! I love the grey face mask and the reddish-orange jersey. Even wearing the black cleats! I know Elway was never a fan of the new look when it came in 1997, so hopefully when and if he becomes owner he will change back to the old unis.
                            Interesting. From everything I read about it at the time, Elway was involved in the new design of the '97-present uniforms which were done by Nike. I know I heard an interview with him once where he discusses it. Maybe I'm completely out to lunch, but I'm pretty sure he gave them his blessing back then.

As far as I'm concerned, I like the '97-present unis the best. I hate the terrible looking collars on the new Nikes, though. I'm more partial to the navy blue jerseys with orange stripes than I am to the orange ones. Our old, alt orange jerseys were sharp looking (a little darker orange), but the new Nike variant looks almost like the old sherbet-orange Bucs. Our players look kinda like traffic cones out there. The blue, especially in the helmet, and the orange of the Nikes is too light, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
                              Interesting. From everything I read about it at the time, Elway was involved in the new design of the '97-present uniforms which were done by Nike. I know I heard an interview with him once where he discusses it. Maybe I'm completely out to lunch, but I'm pretty sure he gave them his blessing back then.
                              in the 97 denver broncos americas game he said he hated them.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                                in the 97 denver broncos americas game he said he hated them.

He said he hated them when they came out, especially since he had to model them. I hated them too. I loved our old denver powder blue d . I have an old powder blue d helmet signed by John. However I'm betting that after he won two superbowls wearing them they probably grew on him. They did on me
                                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X