Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there were new unis how would you want them to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at Tebow wearing the old orange jersey, and then compare to Osweiler wearing the new orange:

I think the new uniform looks better.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      Look at Tebow wearing the old orange jersey, and then compare to Osweiler wearing the new orange:

Neither the shade of orange or shade of blue has changed from last season to this season.

Also, the collars look freakin' ridiculous.

Comment

I think Tebow looks like a running back and Oz looks like a quarter back. Just sayin.........
        sigpic
        Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
        2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
        2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          I like them, but, uh, what's a "Tebow"?

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
            I think Tebow looks like a running back and Oz looks like a quarter back. Just sayin.........
            sigpic

Comment

OMG.........That is funny. Three Heisman QB's, two throwing and one running. Wonder who is running?
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

I personally like the jerseys we have now, including the "collar".

I have done some messing around with uniforms before, here is a combination of the old ones and the new ones-

And here is a more modernized Nike version of the old ones I made.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                  Old school style, 1973 version.
                  Yep. Agreed. Never liked the new stuff.
                  Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                    And here is a more modernized Nike version of the old ones I made.

This is the best uni.

Comment

I guess I am more old school. I don't like what Nike is doing to uniforms, especially in college. I just don't think they look appealing. If we changed our uniforms, I would prefer going back to the kind we had in the 80s and early 90s. Although I don't think we need to make any changes.

Comment

That is too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                          these uniforms?

w/ orange pants?
                          Yes! I would be fine with either white or orange pants with the white jerseys. I did everything about these uniforms--including the gray facemasks. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
                            Interesting. From everything I read about it at the time, Elway was involved in the new design of the '97-present uniforms which were done by Nike. I know I heard an interview with him once where he discusses it. Maybe I'm completely out to lunch, but I'm pretty sure he gave them his blessing back then.

As far as I'm concerned, I like the '97-present unis the best. I hate the terrible looking collars on the new Nikes, though. I'm more partial to the navy blue jerseys with orange stripes than I am to the orange ones. Our old, alt orange jerseys were sharp looking (a little darker orange), but the new Nike variant looks almost like the old sherbet-orange Bucs. Our players look kinda like traffic cones out there. The blue, especially in the helmet, and the orange of the Nikes is too light, IMO.
                            Mike Shanahan was behind the change to navy. In 1996, the Broncos still wore the classic orange jerseys with the D helmet, but all of the sideline apparel had shifted to a navy blue hue rather than the royal blue. Shanahan and rumor has it, his wife were the main culprits behind the change.

I was livid with the change. Winning back-to-back Super Bowls softened the blow. Going to orange full time has helped, too. I still do not like the overall look of the Broncos uniform kit, however. I definitely support a change to a more classic look. The one the Broncos are sporting now screams late 1990s fashion faux pas along the lines of other hideous 1990s uniform changes such as the garb the Houston Rockets donned during that era.

Comment

I think the old uniforms looked awful. I liked the switch in 97, and I'm glad we went back to orange this year. I just hope we don't go back to the old helmets with the D. It's fine and all for the throwback games occasionally, but the Horse on the helmets now looks way better.
                              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Working...
                              X