Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys to the game

Keys to the Steelers game

I've watched all our preseason games and PITT's PRE3.

Looks to me like PITT is not in midseason form however Big Ben looks pretty good throwing the ball. To my surprise PITT didn't run the ball too much. maybe 25%-30% of their yards were from rushing. We're going to have to pressure Ben constantly -hurries, batted balls, and some Sacks

PITT's pass defense looked pretty good. We will need to have our running game working. Can't force passes into tight coverage. (with Manning I have real piece of mind about this and I'm not used to it! <3)

I think PITT scored 3x off of turn overs. Needless to say we must win the TO battle.

Personally, I'd love to see a run heavy offense from Denver and see PITT get worn down by Q3. Don't want to see Harrison going after Decker's knees or cheap shotting Manning -which unfortunately this guy probably will get at least 1 Personal Foul.

Having said that, I don't really care how it looks as long as we come out with a W and no injuries.

Anyway, what keys do you think should be listed for a win on Sunday?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

1. Give Peyton time in the pocket. I know that the Steelers will bring the heat, the offensive line has to give Manning enough time to make the read and get the ball out.

2. Get the screen game going. Nothing can burn an aggressive defense better than the screen pass, I hope the Broncos use it a couple of time early to keep the defense honest.

3. Stay balanced on offense. Going back to keeping the Steelers defense honest, the Broncos have to run the ball enough to keep the Steelers front seven from pinning their ears back.

4. Avoid the big play. Whether it be on offense or defense, the Broncos can't allow big plays and expect to win this game.

5. Get pressure on Big Ben. This one goes without saying but the Steelers won't be able to run their offense effectively with Big Ben on his back.

Comment

I think Hillman and Moreno will be key on offense. The outside running/screen game will be key in stopping the aggresive defense of the Steelers.

On D, we need WolfeVonDoom in full force. Hopefully Warren and Bannan can push the pocket so Big Ben cant escape!
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Ayers had a big game last year against the Steelers, if he can apply pressure along with WMD then game over.

Keep Manning clean, get Ben dirty. If both happens, Denver walks away with a (relatively by NFL standards) easy W. Nopt saying it will be a blowout, but Denver is catching PIT at a good time.

Comment

Simple. Bring the heat on Big Ben. Dont let them have big plays to there wide outs and we will win.
          sigpic Thanks Tebow for everything that you did on your short time being a Bronco. I will always be a fan of yours no matter where you are at.

Comment

Score more points!!

Comment

1. Run early and often.
              LeBeau will try to make sure we don't further embarrass through the air so I can see them playing the pass more than the run. Manning is the king of play action so running the ball will definifely set up some big plays.

2. Move DT around.
              All eyes will be on him and he will probably see some double teams. We should motion him around on a few plays and use him as a decoy on others which will give our other guys chances to make big plays.

3. Tackle, tackle, tackle.
              Don't try to be a hero. Just bring your man down. The turnovers will come.

4. Attack big Ben.
              We need pressures, hits, and sacks. I'd love to see Wolfe and Miller rushing from the same side forcing Ben to run to his left where he is less effective.

5. Give Lance Ball the day off.

Comment

Someone mentioned the screen game

We got beaten up pretty good by some screen plays in the last few years. I hope this changes with JDR around here. We did ok in PRE but this is one of PITT strengths as well - we'll have to look for the screens
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Keys:

Offense Run the ball

Defense Stop the run

Special Teams Optimum FP
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    Keys:

Offense Run the ball

Defense Stop the run

Special Teams Optimum FP
                    I doubt we'll be as effective as Pitt on the ground, even with Mendenhall out. Redman, Dwyer, and Rainey are all backs that don't seem like threats, but they can all ball.

Also, Pitt beat us on the ground game last time, as long as we stay within 50 rushing yards and are +1 in turnovers I think we have it under control.
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

DT... need I say more????

Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

Comment

1. Keep the game out of the ref's hands. That is a major issue with playing Pitt. Refs always rule in their favor. It can lead to major shifts in momentum.

Other than that I expect to see us kick their teeth in!!
                        #swapping

Comment

The hot read receivers need to catch the ball because it's coming. Pittsburgh will blitz and test Manning early. Run the ball; then run it again and where down that "old" defense. Pittsburgh will give up a few big plays late.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                            1. Keep the game out of the ref's hands. That is a major issue with playing Pitt. Refs always rule in their favor. It can lead to major shifts in momentum.

Other than that I expect to see us kick their teeth in!!
                            Well, this statement may be true wit the seasoned refs who are locked out; but not so much the replacement refs.

Comment

Don't let them play keep away. Got off the field on D and give Manning as many opportunities to score.

Comment

Working...
                              X