RDE - Doom - Ayers
    SLB - Von Miller - Irvin
    MLB - Mays - Johnson
    WLB - Woodyard - Brooking - Trevathan
    LCB- Champ - Harris
    RCB - Porter - Carter - Bolden
    SS - Adams - Carter - Bruton
    FS - Moore - Leonhard

Glad Wolfe is the starting DE and moves to DT when Von moves to DE. As a rookie it will be much easier for him to produce then playing fulltime DT imo.

Good with the DL considering 2010 we were playing a 3-4. Besides injury questions the only concern I have is Bannan.

Been a long time since we had a group of LBs this good imo

Glad to see my 2011 Adopted Bronco Moore getting the start...bet his leesh is short with Leonhard though.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

I do like our LBs. I'll be excited to SE what JDR can do with them. That was his specialty with jax.

I can't tell if I'm more excites or nervous about our CBs tho. I love champ, but him and porter are definetly gamblers out there. I just hope they both make more plays then they miss

Comment

I just don't see how Ayers can't start on this D. I think our line is better with Wolfe at DT and Ayers at DE. He's great at stopping the run and has been switched around a lot. I thought after the Pitt game we would give Ayers another year starting at DE. And I think Wolfe is a better DT then Bannan. I just think we arnt utilizing Ayers correctly by using him in rotation. He's the run stuffer DE every team needs with the rushers like WolfeVonDoom we have. Also wish Irving would get a shot, and can't wait till DJ comes back and makes us even better. Don't care what the haters say. He's better than Woodyard or Mays.

Comment

Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
        I just don't see how Ayers can't start on this D. I think our line is better with Wolfe at DT and Ayers at DE. He's great at stopping the run and has been switched around a lot. I thought after the Pitt game we would give Ayers another year starting at DE. And I think Wolfe is a better DT then Bannan. I just think we arnt utilizing Ayers correctly by using him in rotation. He's the run stuffer DE every team needs with the rushers like WolfeVonDoom we have. Also wish Irving would get a shot, and can't wait till DJ comes back and makes us even better. Don't care what the haters say. He's better than Woodyard or Mays.
        The problem has been him being outplayed in TC by Hunter. He may have taken a step back or not have progressed as much as the staff was hoping. I trust Del Rio's judgement when it comes to the d-line because we have been horrible in the middle for far too long. People were saying that Wolfe isn't a great run defender in college so maybe being at DE on early downs then DT on passing downs can boost his confidence and maximize his talents until he's ready for a bigger role in the middle. I love his motor though and you wanna get guys like that the best matchups possible.

I actually like Ayers better in the backup role. I think he'll play harder because of it and produce more sacks.

Man, our pass rush is going to be sick. I hope our offense will be potent enough to put our defense in a position to dominate.
        Last edited by PhoenixDread; 09-05-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

It's gonna' be fun to watch when we bring 5 pass rushers.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I will be excited to see what our Defense can do with JDR running the show. I was actually suprised he didn't get a HC gig somewhere. I think our D will be better than most so called experts are thinking they will. I also think Payton Manning is going to be a huge help to our D. He will be able to protect them more than Tebow was able to for the most part last year. No doubt PM is going to have a few three and outs but I think our TOP is going to increase and the D will remain fresh longer as the season progresses. As long as we stay somewhat healty on D we are going to have a good season and It will be a lot of fun to watch!
            Lets take this season one game at a time!Go Broncos!

Comment

I wonder if Ayers will get snaps over Elvis on some down and distance situations where they need a man that will hold the edge better than Elvis does.

Comment

By having Wolfe at LDE it'll help Von rush from the strong side...that's one bonus of it

Comment

Backup CB seems thin on this depth chart. There's a S on PS, but no Corner. The coaches have confidence in Tony Carter who beat out Syd'Quan and Florence. I will defer to their judgement.

The rest of the D looks OK. DL looks the deepest with two TC guys on the PS.

Backer depth looks good and will get better when DJ returns ... eventually.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

if everyone had to "earn" their place on the depth chart, then why the hell is Brooking ahead of Trevathan?

1. He didnt even practice, but once.
                    2. He didnt play in any games to evaluate him.
                    3. He better be the one axed when DJ gets back, because Trevathan wont make waivers after the preseason he has had.
                    4. Not to mention he will be taking valuble game and practice reps from Trevathan, and I think it's stupid because I felt he was the steal of the draft from how he performed in college and has the ability to start, and the man should be getting second team snaps because he "earned" them. Not Brooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
                      if everyone had to "earn" their place on the depth chart, then why the hell is Brooking ahead of Trevathan?

3. He better be the one axed when DJ gets back, because Trevathan wont make waivers after the preseason he has had.
                      4. Not to mention he will be taking valuble game and practice reps from Trevathan, and I think it's stupid because I felt he was the steal of the draft from how he performed in college and has the ability to start, and the man should be getting second team snaps because he "earned" them. Not Brooking.
                      It's second string.. behind Woodyard. Chill out.

Comment

I'd imagine the D-line will be full of rotations. IMO the only guy who sees almost every snap on that line is Doom. Doom absolutely abused every OT he played this pre-season. After that a lot of rotations to keep the D on the attack. With Manning at the helm teams should be forced to pass, so relentless pressure is key. We have 2 elite pass rushers, and the rest of the D-line will be whoever has the hot hand IMO.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post

Trevethan will be kept, I think the main reason they kept Brooking was of his experience. He can play both MLB and WLB. He is here to teach the young guys, having Brooking here to teach Trevethan will do him wonders in the long run. All the young guys will benefit from having him here, he will be a presence in the locker room as well. We don't need to rush Trev, if we develop him properly he can be a stud for us.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

The difference between Brooking and Trevathan is NFL experience; one of them is a rookie. It's a backup spot plus we don't know who will be inactive on game day.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              Trevethan will be kept, I think the main reason they kept Brooking was of his experience. He can play both MLB and WLB. He is here to teach the young guys, having Brooking here to teach Trevethan will do him wonders in the long run. All the young guys will benefit from having him here, he will be a presence in the locker room as well. We don't need to rush Trev, if we develop him properly he can be a stud for us.
                              agreed

We have two rookies, two 2nd year players and 2 5 year players currently at LB on the roster besides Brooking. Shoot he can even teach the 5 year guys (Woody and Mays) a thing or two. I think having a vet will help young players learn the game so much faster. JDR knows LBs and knows what he is doing here.

I think all LBs will get time with Von and the coaches will roll with who is making the plays.
                              Last edited by Hadez; 09-06-2012, 05:23 AM.
                              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                              X