Depth Chart Going into the season - Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MorenoFan27 View Post
    I just don't see how Ayers can't start on this D. I think our line is better with Wolfe at DT and Ayers at DE. He's great at stopping the run and has been switched around a lot. I thought after the Pitt game we would give Ayers another year starting at DE. And I think Wolfe is a better DT then Bannan. I just think we arnt utilizing Ayers correctly by using him in rotation. He's the run stuffer DE every team needs with the rushers like WolfeVonDoom we have. Also wish Irving would get a shot, and can't wait till DJ comes back and makes us even better. Don't care what the haters say. He's better than Woodyard or Mays.
    Considering that Bannan is the NT and Warren is the 3-technique, who is the better of the two at NT, Warren or Bannan? Wolfe is a penetrator so I don't think it would be wise to put him at NT and ask him to anchor against the run.

Obviously the coaches believe that Wolfe is a better LDE than Ayers, otherwise they would have moved Ayers back to that position after Hunter went down for the season.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Considering that Bannan is the NT and Warren is the 3-technique, who is the better of the two at NT, Warren or Bannan? Wolfe is a penetrator so I don't think it would be wise to put him at NT and ask him to anchor against the run.

Obviously the coaches believe that Wolfe is a better LDE than Ayers, otherwise they would have moved Ayers back to that position after Hunter went down for the season.
      If you read between the lines Ayers was not putting out the effort.

They said hunter was promoted due to his effort, Wolfe has been praised due to his effort, nothing has been said about ayers and his effort and now he finds himself a backup
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        If you read between the lines Ayers was not putting out the effort.

They said hunter was promoted due to his effort, Wolfe has been praised due to his effort, nothing has been said about ayers and his effort and now he finds himself a backup
        http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2124733...denverpost.com

It seems that Ayers may have struggled a bit with being the type of player JDR is looking for.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I just don't see how Ayers can't start on this D. I think our line is better with Wolfe at DT and Ayers at DE. He's great at stopping the run and has been switched around a lot. I thought after the Pitt game we would give Ayers another year starting at DE. And I think Wolfe is a better DT then Bannan. I just think we arnt utilizing Ayers correctly by using him in rotation. He's the run stuffer DE every team needs with the rushers like WolfeVonDoom we have. Also wish Irving would get a shot, and can't wait till DJ comes back and makes us even better. Don't care what the haters say. He's better than Woodyard or Mays.
          I think we'll see a ton of the line you prefer, they just have Wolfe at DE to ensure that we don't get run all over. Ayers Warren Vickerson and Wolfe could even become a great run stopping front four.
          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I'm so excited for this season and I'm ready to see our defense eat teams up! Von WILL register 15 sacks this year and DOOM will return to form and register 15 aswell. Mark it!

Comment

to be honest. i do not like wofe at DE....I am wondering how long before people start claiming him a bust or something. I love wolfe, was in my mock draft to us in the 2nd, but all he does is bullrush off the edge and does not get much pressure. He does not have an array of pass rush moves.

I just dont want him tired and gassed from playing LDE and then DT...Id rather keep him at DT and let him ball out.
              We shall see.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Ayers actually made some plays down the stretch and into the playoffs last year. I kept thinking "who's this #91 who just made another play? Oh, yeah that's Ayers."

But, the coaches are really down on him. I think that if Jeremy Beal and Jason Hunter both were healthy Ayers might well NOT have made the 53 man roster. I think cutting him would be a mistake, but there it is.

They put him behind Doom, which means that he'll never see any action, since they want Dumervil on the field as much as possible. Just like Nate Irving isn't going to see much action this year if he's Miller's backup because they don't want to take Miller off the field.

Danny Trevathan could also disappear if Woodyard and Brooking take all the snaps. But, here I think he can work his way into the lineup. Brooking is obviously NOT a long-term answer. It's an open question whether he's a SHORT term answer. We'll get to see Sunday where he should get at least 10 snaps.

Trevathan looked great in the pre-season and I hope they keep him on the roster when Virgil Green and DJ Williams are activated. His hold on this team is not certain. Yet he was in on almost every play during the final pre-season game.

I suppose they could try and put him on waivers and slip him onto the practice squad, but there are worse linebackers in the NFL than Danny Trevathan, and some team that had suffered a couple of injuries might grab him onto their regular 53 man roster. I'd be mad if they let that happen.

What I'd LIKE to see happen is for them to waive Phillip Blake and put him on the practice squad when they activate Green. He's been worthless and they already have 3 other OL who can play C. I have NO idea why Blake made the 53 man roster.

It certainly wasn't because of any great plays he made in the preseason where he played the role of a turnstile in games 3 and 4.
                Last edited by Cugel; 09-06-2012, 11:12 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X