The "Peyton Manning Looked Good" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Peyton Manning Looked Good" Thread

I just want to say i am so proud of the way peyton played tonight. I've always respected him and i hated how the media made it seem as though his career was over. i cant help but root for the guy. Maybe being Eli's older brother, and showing him support throughout his career might have me a little bias, but nonetheless if you guys dont mind ill be on here rooting for the broncos also. Congrats on the win, your team played their hearts out. Too bad my teams defense wasnt able to close the game out lol.
    Last edited by Giants4life; 09-09-2012, 08:57 PM.

Thank You "MY BOY"

Well, I am a Peyton Manning Fan and always have been a Denver Bronco's Fan, since I lived in CO for a while when I was young(er).

My husband the football fatantic and Mr. "I know it all" and myself watch Football until it comes out of his ears and of course " Mr. I know it all" .........thinks he knows it all :-)

When Petyon left Indi and went to Denver I was thrilled - and still I am.

When I heard we are playing Roethlisberger I said "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" cant' we play Detroit instead??????

So tonight we started watching the game and I pretended not to be too interested (yeah right). GOSH IT WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

The game went on and I was on my worst behavior (Gosh you would think older Ladies have a better behavior).

My husband calls Petyon Manning "my boy" since I could be this Mother considering I would have had him when I was 14 (you do the math). No offense Mr. Manning!

Rothlisberger (right up there with Tom) is one of the two Quarterbacks I can't stand, don't like, don't watch....PERIOD!!

So........Thank you my Boy............I had a blast! Welcome back, good job...I don't expect miracles but I am thrilled and enjoyed the bottle of wine I had to kill during the game...........

Thank you Peyton, Thank you for playing for a team I love
    THANK YOU!
    Welcome back you had me "rocking" tonight (didn't know I still had it in me)

I DO NOT EXPECT MIRACLES........... but a hell of a season!!!!
    Last edited by fabricmagic; 09-09-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Can we safely say...

that Manning is back?

Comment

Yes Sir he is back and on our side!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm just glad he's with us now.. that no huddle offense should just remain our offense for the rest of the season. He made the steelers D look very average in the second half

Comment

Oh hells yes we can! This was the first time in years that I had absolute confidence in our offense every time they stepped onto the field.

GO MANNING AND GO BRONCOS!
            sigpic
            Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Vintage Manning, glad he is on our side now!
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

peyton's theme

Comment

I forgot how good he was.

The man is a machine.

Defense has some work to do, at least the pass-D does, run-D looked alright.

DJ is greatly missed.

Comment

Hear hear! My heart was pounding all game ..I felt like a worried mother watching her boy play lol.

It's tough sledding being a Colts fan right now but I'm excited about our future ...just not this year.

Living my football life vicariously through 18 this year! Hopefully by the time the Colts are serious play-off contenders Manning will have retired into the sunset with a Superbowl win. Broncos look like a great team, Manning has never had two 6'3 receivers before and they'll only get better - the coaches just need to stay out of his way and let him do his thing!

Don't worry Broncos fans, hopefully us Colts fans won't throw your entire team under the bus to prop up our guy like the Tebow worshippers

BTW Giants4life, living in NY I love the Giants (just not when the Colts play them) as they provided me my second greatest sporting memory in 2007 Superbowl (the first of course being the 2006 AFC Championship game) and love Eli too

Comment

Quiet Props

Obviously, there were some great plays that culminated in a great win. Manning looked great, complete command of the offense. Thomas and Decker played like we here know they can. But this is just for the players whose achievments may have gone under the radar.

Knowshon Moreno- As one of his biggest detractors, I was really pleased with what I saw from him tonight. His stat line doesn't seem that impressive, but he made some very big runs in terms of converting short third downs that kept drives going and of course he got into the endzone. I must say he looks like he's comfortable and healthy for the first time in awhile. Excited to see what he brings this season.

Mitch Unrein- Overall had a pretty solid game, but one play was outstanding that most people wont notice. Derek Wolfe's sack was a direct result of Unrein beautifully executing a stunt play taking two Olineman away from Wolfe giving him a clear lane.

Wesley Woodyard- Alright, so he was more noticeable, but seriously, how many of you sat back and read columns about how much trouble the LB position is going to be in because of DJ's suspension and you just smiled because you knew we had Woodyard? I saw him make very good pursuits, great tackles, and I only remember him getting beat in coverage once.

Justin Bannan- This was more of a funny thing I saw. Ben rolled out and threw a ball away towards our sideline, and Bannan reached up with one hand and snatched it like it was nothing. LIKE A BOSS.
                      A book I wrote

Comment

Don't forget Stokley, he kept some drives alive.

Comment

Moreno lost his shoe again. Noshoe Moreno.
                          Last edited by -Rod-; 09-09-2012, 09:17 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            I forgot how good he was.

The man is a machine.

Defense has some work to do, at least the pass-D does, run-D looked alright.

DJ is greatly missed.
                            we need pressure from the front 4 so our secondary can play better as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NYColt View Post
                              Hear hear! My heart was pounding all game ..I felt like a worried mother watching her boy play lol.

It's tough sledding being a Colts fan right now but I'm excited about our future ...just not this year.

Living my football life vicariously through 18 this year! Hopefully by the time the Colts are serious play-off contenders Manning will have retired into the sunset with a Superbowl win. Broncos look like a great team, Manning has never had two 6'3 receivers before and they'll only get better - the coaches just need to stay out of his way and let him do his thing!

Don't worry Broncos fans, hopefully us Colts fans won't throw your entire team under the bus to prop up our guy like the Tebow worshippers

BTW Giants4life, living in NY I love the Giants (just not when the Colts play them) as they provided me my second greatest sporting memory in 2007 Superbowl (the first of course being the 2006 AFC Championship game) and love Eli too
                              Haha I appreciate the love, and i was thinking the same exact thing. The coaches should probably just sit back and let peyton do his thing. Its what makes him peyton. No other QB runs the no huddle like he does

Comment

Working...
                              X