Best CB Tandem in the League?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty Bird View Post
    Porter played well tonight but he was still garbage last year. We'll see how he fares against Julio and Roddy.
    It will be a very tough task against them.

Porter looks pretty good tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bird View Post
      You know more about your team than I do and are probably right. My opinion was just that if you plug any top 10 quarterback into Peyton's position, they would do just as well. But I can see how the leadership aspect of his game can be easily overlooked.
      Peyton Manning is pretty much an OC, he controls the game.

Never been another player like him.

Comment

LOL at putting SF in there, they are a product of that nasty Front 7..

Still a very good set of CB's though.

Comment

I agree Champ and Porter are "one" best CB tandem in the NFL. Give me few more weeks see if they are indeed #1 CB tandem in NFL.
          sigpic

Comment

I just really hope next week they match them up right (also allows each corner to study one receiver for the week)

Champ on Julio, Porter on White is muchhh better than the other way around and I hope JDR is smart enough to utilize that, though I don't think he will be

Every advantage goes to assigning a CB to a specific WR ...I understand why we didn't against Pitt...but against ATL we need to

Comment

I won't go there, YET, but as of right now i'd have to say Revis and Cromartie, but it'll be interesting to see how these other CB Tandems compliment each other:

Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith (Ravens)
              Carr and Claiborne (Cowboys)
              Nnamdi and DRC (Philly)
              Robinson and Samuel (Falcons)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                I just really hope next week they match them up right (also allows each corner to study one receiver for the week)

Champ on Julio, Porter on White is muchhh better than the other way around and I hope JDR is smart enough to utilize that, though I don't think he will be

Every advantage goes to assigning a CB to a specific WR ...I understand why we didn't against Pitt...but against ATL we need to
                Champ covered Brown most of the game which i thought was smart given Wallace is just getting back into the scheme of things.

I agree on Champ/Julio, Porter/White though.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  I won't go there, YET, but as of right now i'd have to say Revis and Cromartie, but it'll be interesting to see how these other CB Tandems compliment each other:

Nnamdi and DRC (Philly)
                  Ravens aren't even really in convo

Dallas actually does have a nice set, didn't think of them but do wanna see more

Philly, if I wasn't such a huge DRC fan I wouldn't put them in the convo either but possibly, Aso needs to be what he was in OAK

N ATL, those aren't even the starters...it's Grimes n Samuel which is nice but imo definitely a tier below

N yeah NYJ has Revis but I'm no Cro fan, he's not agile at all

I'd say it's between DEN, (honestly Dallas), possibly NYJ (just cuz Revis is a stud), n Philly

But I think we could definitely emerge as the undisputed top CB tandem if Porter keeps it up

Comment

Regardless on who we put on Julio Jones and Roddy White/ how we defend them, they're going to put up their numbers. Easily one of the best one-two punch at Wide Receiver we'll be facing this season.

I expect a shootout. Not because our defense is terrible, but because Julio Jones and Roddy White are amazing wide receivers.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      Regardless on who we put on Julio Jones and Roddy White/ how we defend them, they're going to put up their numbers. Easily one of the best one-two punch at Wide Receiver we'll be facing this season.

I expect a shootout. Not because our defense is terrible, but because Julio Jones and Roddy White are amazing wide receivers.
                      Not overly impressed with Roddy lately tbh, I think he's talented don't get me wrong, but Jones is the monster

We should press cover both guys (along with Gonzalez) and rotate safety help, and consistently send 4...I really like that gameplan with the CB's we have n WolfeVonDoom

Champ on Julio, Porter on White, Harris on Gonzalez and rotate the help, but for the most part, give Champ the help with Julio rather than Porter with White ...

I trust Porter can hold his own vs White 1v1, n we'll really be able to see what he's made of...Julio (idc who's on him) needs a safety over top at pretty much all times except inside the 10, that's where I'd double Gonzo n let Champ go 1v1 w/him...I never see Champ beat on a jump ball, though obviously if anyone can do it, it's Jones or Megatron

But imo Gonzalez more than anyone need doubling near the goalline

However I really don't expect JDR to do any of this n we'll get torched but I hope I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post

Nnamdi and DRC (Philly)
                        This guy is 100% dead-on correct. We'll need a few more weeks to figure out which pair is most consistent, but I would definitely say its between these six teams (the five mentioned above, plus Broncos). If gun-to-head, I'd also say Revis and Cromartie at the moment.
                        Broncos Quotes:

"I don't care about money. I don't care about, 'Oh, you are a superstar. You are a celebrity.' To me, all that is crap, I just care about winning." --- Rod Smith

"I do not choose to be a common man. It is my right to be uncommon…if I can." --- Floyd Little

"It's all over fat man!" --- Tom Jackson, to John Madden (1977 AFC Championship game)sigpic

Comment

Don't know if they are the best (quite yet), but having Porter back there is much more comforting than seeing Andre Goodman / Dre Bly.

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                            Not overly impressed with Roddy lately tbh, I think he's talented don't get me wrong, but Jones is the monster

We should press cover both guys (along with Gonzalez) and rotate safety help, and consistently send 4...I really like that gameplan with the CB's we have n WolfeVonDoom

Champ on Julio, Porter on White, Harris on Gonzalez and rotate the help, but for the most part, give Champ the help with Julio rather than Porter with White ...

I trust Porter can hold his own vs White 1v1, n we'll really be able to see what he's made of...Julio (idc who's on him) needs a safety over top at pretty much all times except inside the 10, that's where I'd double Gonzo n let Champ go 1v1 w/him...I never see Champ beat on a jump ball, though obviously if anyone can do it, it's Jones or Megatron

But imo Gonzalez more than anyone need doubling near the goalline

However I really don't expect JDR to do any of this n we'll get torched but I hope I'm wrong
                            Doesn't matter if you're impressed with him or not, Roddy White is a top-10 wide receiver in the NFL. Over the last 3 seasons, 300 receptions for 3,800 yards and 29 touchdowns is amazing.

I also don't expect JDR to follow your "plan". They're professionals, so they know a lot more than us fans. Let's see what they do, because it'll be nearly impossible to effectively cover Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez at the same time.

We'll get torched by one of them for sure, because they're that talented. Like I said, it'll be a shootout. The only way we win is by forcing a few turnovers and scoring 30+ points in my opinion.
                            Last edited by getlynched47; 09-10-2012, 10:24 AM.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

This tandem is a lot like the Bailey-Bly tandem. Except Porter is coming into his prime and Bly was coming out of his. Baileys prime is never ending.
                              sigpic

Comment

Way to early to be claiming we have the best CB tandem. Porter had a great game but it's only been one week. If we're judging on a weekly basis then I'd say right now we are top 3 along with Dallas and SF. The eagles played Weeden so I'm not sold on them yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X