No announcement yet.

How does Warren's injury change D-line.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Warren's injury change D-line.

Hi guys,

'Interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Ty Warren is out, I would like to see Ayers move to the starting left end spot with Wolfe sliding to the inside.

This should be our base package with Ayers moving inside with Wolfe on obvious pass downs.

Or do you prefer to keep things as is, and move Vickerson into Warren's spot.

Alex

I would move Ayers to LE Wolfe to DL Big Vic Rotate......

Comment

If Sunday night is any indication of how we'll replace Ty Warren, the change will be minimal. They'll just plug in Big Vick at his position and Mitch Unrein will get more snaps in the rotation. I don't think they'll be moving Derek Wolfe after the awesome game he had Sunday night at defensive end.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I think I brought this up after the draft, but did we use any kind of "NASCAR" package Sunday night?? Totally slipped my mind Sunday to watch for, but going forward I'd like to see it. Wolfe/Ayers inside, Doom/Miller on the outside
        Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

I don't know if we have a solution to Warren's absence, which is worrisome. Our pass rush means nothing if the middle of the line cannot do its part, not to mention there won't be a pass rush if teams are pounding us on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by IABronco05 View Post
            I think I brought this up after the draft, but did we use any kind of "NASCAR" package Sunday night?? Totally slipped my mind Sunday to watch for, but going forward I'd like to see it. Wolfe/Ayers inside, Doom/Miller on the outside
            What the hell is a NASCAR package?

Something that DirecTV offers?

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

We need to add someone/something to the middle of that line. We were picked apart on 3rd down through most of the game. Miller came to play late (well all game really). Holding on the O-line seemed to be something that was not called with the replacement refs, or was that just my biased perception?

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                What the hell is a NASCAR package?

Something that DirecTV offers?

Hardy har har

But seriously...
                Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Lots of people keep talking about Robert Ayers, but he's firmly entrenched as Dumervil's backup at RDE and the coaches show NO inclination to move him back to the LDE position.

After Jason Hunter beat Ayers out at LDE, they moved him to the right side, and Jeremy Beal was supposed to be the backup until HE got hurt. Now they've moved Wolfe to starter and have Malik Jackson backing him up.

Malik Jackson will probably be on the 46 man starting roster this week.
                  sigpic

Comment

Losing Warren meant losing the only really GOOD DT they had on the roster. They were counting on him to have a big season and he lasted 5 snaps, which I suppose is 5 snaps more than he lasted LAST year when he didn't make it out of the preseason without going on IR.

Wolfe is going to be good someday, but right now, he needs to add size and strength to be effective as a 3 down DT.
                    sigpic

Comment

Urine and Malik better be ready to play!!

Comment

Warren made $1 million for each snap he played for the Broncos.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by speardog View Post
                          Urine and Malik better be ready to play!!
                          I hope Mitch doesn't wet himself.
                          All in for Siemian!

Comment

Bunkley over Mays was a great decision ...

Jackasses

But ofcourse they're professionals who never make mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                              I hope Mitch doesn't wet himself.
                              Puns......

This thread is full of them....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X