We Won't Finish 16 and 0.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Won't Finish 16 and 0.......

But I don't care........making it to the playoffs, and winning our last game in postseason is a much better goal in my books!

So yes, expect to feel the anguish of that losing feeling. It's inevitable. It may even happen this coming week. Hey, The Falcons are solid. Beatable, but solid.

Lets face it, we have a tough schedule. Then again, you have to look ahead a game at a time, and another thing - if you want an easy schedule, how and when do you get good at beating top ranked teams? It doesn't bode well to get used to playing ordinary / weak teams. It's not a bad thing, and it's not your choice in the first place, but I believe you need to play contenders to be a contender.

I will admit that I would prefer not to play extremely physical teams week after week, because that can wear you down and lead to some real aches and pains, and injuries.

As for the 16 and 0 thing (although this is not the real theme of this thread), it didn't end up so well the last time it was accomplished. I'm sure The Pats would have gladly traded a loss in the season for you know what!

Further, I believe The Packers lost a lot of steam last year, as people came to "expect" wins from them each and every week. I, a big fan on Rodgers, saw something I did not like - a team that kept winning, but was not peaking at the right time. 15 and 1 was a big disappointment at the end of the day.

~~~~~

I want to win every week. I do not like the thought of losing. BUT based on my prediction for our season, I expect to witness some losses along the way. And the very idea of losing 4 games, for example, would translate to a certain amount of pain.....and possibly some finger pointing. It happens. We vent. BUT I would gladly accept a 12 and 4 season (as an example) right now, if I was given a chance to decide. Hey, until recently, most of us would probably expect us to lose at least 4 games. Some believe it will be a much bigger number.

Bottom line - whether we lose this week or not, we will lose during the regular season. If I'm wrong, I will be the first to happily admit it. But 16 and 0 won't happen. Balls bounce in strange directions. Many games are won or lost in the last minute, in really exciting games. Some days a team as a unit is collectively off.

As stated, in the end, like probably every team in this 32 team league, our goal is to win our division. And after that, the goals change. So lets go for the division, and then win one at a time, and not lose our last game. It can happen.....this year.

Of coarse we wont finish 16-0 it will be 19-0 duh...

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Of coarse we wont finish 16-0 it will be 19-0 duh...
      I was expecting one of these......maybe not the first one, but yah, saw it coming.

Comment

Cause I'm good like that and because I'm AMERICAN not canadian .

Sorry couldn't resist lol.

But yeah great points in the first post. I agree win your division, and then move on to first week bye, and then onto homefield advantage. Then once the playoffs start move on to the super bowl and win it. If there are some losses along the way so be it. But lets go get the Superbowl.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

I'd rather go 9-7 with the toughest schedule than 14-2 against 16 Powder Puff teams like the Raiders.
          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

15-1 is fine by me.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

IMO, the Broncos aren't losing a game until they arrive in Foxboro.

Edit: I had the Broncos going 13-3 this year (after learning that Suggs is out for the year). Losses to Pitt (didn't happen), NE and KC @ KC. Now I have them going 14-2. But, I'll still take 13 wins. Just so long as the road to NO goes through Denver.
              Last edited by PunchDrunk; 09-13-2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

When the Dolphins and Patriots went through the regular season unbeaten, they both did it against very weak schedules. In the case of the Dolphins, it turned out to be the weakest slate of opponents in the league that year. There's NO WAY this schedule will end up being less than top 5, and will probably be the #1 most difficult schedule in the league this year. Still, I don't see a single team left that I think we can't beat. Will we beat them all? Probably not. But just knowing they are all winnable is a hoot!!

Comment

If Peyton Manning continues to play like he played against the Steelers, 16-0 is not a crazy dream. 73% of completed passes (even with some drops) with 9.7 YPA against the Steelers is not an easy task. Plus, the Broncos needed surgical drives to win the game with much less time of possession, and Manning delivered those drives. Manning came close to 16-0 seasons with the Colts, and so far I'm seeing the same Peyton Manning on the field. 13, 14 wins. Manning had such seasons with the Colts, and it's pretty close to 16-0.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                    Cause I'm good like that and because I'm AMERICAN not canadian .

Sorry couldn't resist lol.

But yeah great points in the first post. I agree win your division, and then move on to first week bye, and then onto homefield advantage. Then once the playoffs start move on to the super bowl and win it. If there are some losses along the way so be it. But lets go get the Superbowl.
                    Who says I'm Canadian? Just because I was born here, lived here all my life, vote regularly, and even worse.....

love bacon, syrup, and yelling "car" when playing street hockey....

What gives you that idea?????

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      If Peyton Manning continues to play like he played against the Steelers, 16-0 is not a crazy dream. 73% of completed passes (even with some drops) with 9.7 YPA against the Steelers is not an easy task. Plus, the Broncos needed surgical drives to win the game with much less time of possession, and Manning delivered those drives. Manning came close to 16-0 seasons with the Colts, and so far I'm seeing the same Peyton Manning on the field. 13, 14 wins. Manning had such seasons with the Colts, and it's pretty close to 16-0.
                      Like I said, I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.....

Comment

I you think were winning over 11 games your crazy. . People are getting so pumped over ONE game that we won and looked good in. If we are 4-0 by week 5 i can see the enthusiasm but lets give it a few weeks first before we start predicting records.

Comment

gotta go 2-0 before we go 19-0

Comment

2-0 is coming. Expectations will go through the roof after the Broncos beat the Falcons on MNF. At leastt 12-4 is a strong possibility in my opinion. It's a whole new game when you replace Orton/Tebow with Peyton Manning.
                            sigpic

Comment

Amazing how 8-8 went to 16-0 in one week.

Up until the immaculate interception I had us losing that game. This team is still a work in progress, wait for injuries to start then let's see.

Always optimistic, just reality...
                              [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X