• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demaryius Thomas and that's about it

Oh n (he), n I say that tentatively, resigned Doom n Kupe

Comment

Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
      The only thing good to remember about McDs time in Denver was him getting fired.

Right!

To HELL with Josh McDaniel's...nothing 'good' came from him being here...just misery, heartache and now the 'cleaning up'.

We had, what would be today, a top 5 YOUNG offense already in place...now we're rebuilding from all McDummy's screw-ups!

I'll give him credit for D. Thomas (which is all we really needed added to the offense he inherited), Decker & Joe Mays...

...but even a broke clock is right twice a day so he got 3 picks right out of what 100+ blunders?

I love our team now but I'd still rather have the offensive side of the ball he inherited with Thomas & Decker as 'additions to' instead of 'replacements for'.

I just wish Elway was in place after Bowlen fired Shanny. I'm sure he would've never hired a Patriot assistant with their failure rate as head coaches...but Bowlen didn't and we hired thee absolute worst one of them all that came in and destroyed our house in less than 2 seasons!
      Last edited by Mel B.; 09-16-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
        They say everything happens for a reason. When one looks back at the McD era and draws a line to the present, one can see it took all of those dumb moves to get us Elway and Manning. If McD had not screwed up so royally, we would have never been in a position to bring Elway back in (McD was the GM and would have never allowed Bowlan to bring in Elway as his boss). If Elway was not here then there is a high probability that Peyton would have never chose us, not to mention that if not for McD we in all likelihood would still have Cutlar. So when looking back, everything that snowballed on us snowballed us to where were at now and that is in contention for a title run. It is said that in order to fix something, you first have to tear it down in order to be able to be able to make it better. Well McD was very good at tearing down as he did it in a very short time.

In all fairness to McD, he was pretty good at manipulating the draft and he even drafted some good talent, most notably DT and decker. There are a total of 11 players on the 53 man roster that were brought in during the McD era. Not all were drafted by McD, but he did bring them in.

Ayers, Robert DT Tennessee Selected by the Broncos in the first round (18th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
        Ball, Lance RB Maryland Joined the Broncos as a practice-squad signee on Nov. 3, 2009.
        Beadles, Zane G Utah Selected by the Broncos in the second round (45th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.
        Bruton, David S Notre Dame Selected by the Broncos in the fourth round (114th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
        Clark, Chris T Assigned to the Broncos via waivers from Minnesota on Sept. 5, 2010.
        Colquitt, Britton P Tennessee Entered the NFL with Denver as a college free agent on April 27, 2009.
        Decker, Eric WR Minnesota Selected by the Broncos in the fifth round (87th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.
        Moreno, Knowshon RB Georgia Selected by the Broncos in the first round (12th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft.
        Thomas, Demaryius WR Georgia Tech Selected by the Broncos in the first round (22nd overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.
        Unrein, Mitch DT Wyoming Joined the Broncos as a practice-squad signee on Oct. 20, 2010.
        Walton, J.D. C Baylor Selected by the Broncos in the third round (80th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.
        You forgot Mays. Also for all of you who are happy that Cutler's gone, I could have used your help in the Talkin' Smack forum, where I was ripping Cutler to threads 1-2 weeks ago
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
          Right!

To HELL with Josh McDaniel's...nothing 'good' came from him being here...just misery, heartache and now the 'cleaning up'.

We had, what would be today, a top 5 YOUNG offense already in place...now we're rebuilding from all McDummy's screw-ups!

I'll give him credit for D. Thomas (which is all we really needed added to the offense he inherited), Decker & Joe Mays...

...but even a broke clock is right twice a day so he got 3 picks right out of what 100+ blunders?

I love our team now but I'd still rather have the offensive side of the ball he inherited with Thomas & Decker as 'additions to' instead of 'replacements for'.

I just wish Elway was in place after Bowlen fired Shanny. I'm sure he would've never hired a Patriot assistant with their failure rate as head coaches...but Bowlen didn't and we hired thee absolute worst one of them all that came in and destroyed our house in less than 2 seasons!
          Quoted for the truth- if Shanny had to go I wished we would have replaced him with someone who understood the culture/long standing traditions of Bronco nation.

I've never really questioned Elway because even if he makes a mistake I know he's trying his best and has the Broncos best interest at heart. I just never felt that way with McD because he really didn't value anything other than being a Belichick clone all the way down to the hoody.
          Last edited by 91bronco; 09-16-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

When I first responded, I mentioned Dawk, but I forgot to keep this within the "what/who's left" context. BUT, landing Dawkins was a stud move in my books, regardless of who was running the operation at the time. Dawk was a great leader for us, and put his body on the line every time he hit the field ("hit" is an appropriate word!). Had he played here for a little longer, he would easily have been one of my all-time favs.......regardless, I luv the man!

Comment

Hopefully, a lesson that won't soon be forgotten.
              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                I'd like to thank him for putting us in position to get Von miller
                imo this one wins
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                X