We are one of the few teams to have beaten Matty Ice in Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are one of the few teams to have beaten Matty Ice in Atlanta

Think I herd Matt Ryan has lost in Atlanta six times, we are one of the teams to do it.

Just curious how does Bronco Nation think we beat them before in Atlanta. Obviously teams are different now but just curious what people think was the key last time.

Btw I checked coaching. We were running the ball well but as I recall we had two short yardage situations where we did dumb things. Once we ran a WR reverse to Royal and another time we passed it failing to convert.

Shanahan got into the face of Bates and he started running Hillis more and we started moving the ball better.
    Peyton Hillis running
    45.45%
    Jay cutler at QB
    9.09%
    Coaching
    9.09%
    Defense played a good game
    22.73%
    Won Turnover battle
    4.55%
    Other (please discuss)
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Hadez; 09-15-2012, 01:44 PM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

That was the one game that year that the Defense showed up.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      That was the one game that year that the Defense showed up.
      I think people remember a few things incorrectly about the defense that year, 4 times we held teams under 20 points not counting the Atlanta game which they got 20. Do not get me wrong was definately a F grade for the year...just saying allot of things were not remembered correctly that year about our defense.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Here are the Game Stats for that game.

Cutler had a pretty good game that day and we had Hillis, Pope and Bell all sharing rushing duties. Overall, both teams have very similar and even stats. We just happened to come out on top 24-20
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
          I think people remember a few things incorrectly about the defense that year, 4 times we held teams under 20 points not counting the Atlanta game which they got 20. Do not get me wrong was definately a F grade for the year...just saying allot of things were not remembered correctly that year about our defense.
          Well, without splitting hairs, I just remember they weren't very good.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
            Here are the Game Stats for that game.

Cutler had a pretty good game that day and we had Hillis, Pope and Bell all sharing rushing duties. Overall, both teams have very similar and even stats. We just happened to come out on top 24-20
            It was the game Shanahan realized how good Hillis is.

Early on we failed on some short yardage situations. You see Shanahan just get into the grill of Bates. All the sudden you see hillis involved more (look at the play by play man) and we start scoring.

The defense starts making plays and we won a hard earned game.

imo this is the game Shanahan figured out how good Hillis was

Wish I had the game would convert the moment into a vid.

Comment

Who cares Matty Ice had a fluke game and he is average. Broncos win by 10. I called the Broncos beating the steelers by 10 to. Was off 2 points.

Comment

Falcons might as well not even show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bird View Post
                  Falcons might as well not even show up.
                  true dat...
                  People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

Roddy dropped one in the emdzone very late in the game. Would have put them back up with a few minutes left in game.

Comment

Also both teams are total different Now,So who knows. Has the making of a high scoring game

Comment

Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
                        Roddy dropped one in the emdzone very late in the game. Would have put them back up with a few minutes left in game.
                        I was going to state how lucky this was too. But if you also recall a play or two before I think it was Woodyard that dropped a pick where he would've walked into the end zone to ice it. So they kind of cancel out.

It was probably one of the defenses best games that year and cutler played smart all day.

Also I was in attendance and the crowd was not that into the game for most of the day.
                        If the fans are like that again Monday night we will easily win.
                        sigpic

Comment

We had J Barrett a young safety then. They played him in straight man coverage on GONZO. Only for about three qtrs. though , then we started playing a soft zone, stupid move. Barrett took GONZO completely out of the game IIRC.

Comment

I dont even remember, what year was it ?
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Atlanta should have won that game. If I remember correctly someone dropped the game winning td

Comment

Working...
                              X