We are one of the few teams to have beaten Matty Ice in Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember that game.

The Broncos would have strolled into the playoffs that year if Hillis didn't get injured. Shanny should have also gone with the hot hand and kept Larsen & Woodyard in at LB down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by bigking813 View Post
      I was just trying to say the great quarterbacks aren't referred to by a nickname. They are called by their last names and everyone knows who you are talking about. When talking about Matt Ryan it seems he is always called by his nickname.
      1. I don't see how anyone who watches football during that era didn't know he was called Joe cool. The nickname came from the super bowl against the bungles where they needed a late winning drive and he looks over to the stands and waves at John Goodman.

2. I know the name Matty Ice but I usually refer to him as Matt Ryan and most people I talk to do the same.

It's not like he goes around referring to himself as Matty Ice like ochostinko does.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Earned it in college.
        That was LONG time ago... 4 years? Time prove it in postseason with 1 win. He has very talented team around him, it's time to get it done.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
          That was LONG time ago... 4 years? Time prove it in postseason with 1 win. He has very talented team around him, it's time to get it done.
          I realize that but my point was he got the nickname from college not from anything he has or hasn't earned in the pros.

Most players don't drop college nicknames when they get to the pros just because they haven't earned it yet.

Just ask King James.
          sigpic

Comment

WoodYard is the only one on our defense from that game still in the league lol

Comment

That was 4 years ago, so it really doesn't matter. I think that was both Matt Ryan and HC Mike Smith's rookie seasons. Both are significantly better at their jobs 4 years later.

Atlanta's defense is very very fast and coordinated by one of the best game-planners in Mike Nolan. Atlanta's offense is ready to join the elite ranks. It's going to be a shootout IMO.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Working...
              X