Elway or Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raider_Nation View Post
    Elway. He was able to get it done when it matters more than Manning. It's definitely a tough poll though, since we're talking about two of the best QBs to ever play the game.
    Iremember some big losses by Elway. This is a Bronco's board, I get that but IMO its Manning by far. He is also a SB MVP and owns many of the QB records. They certianly are 2 of the greatest .

Comment

You need to ask Elway to vote on this post.

Comment

Neither.
        I'd rather have Ingle Martin, for the Ingle is the greatest QB of all time.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by luvdacolts67 View Post
          Iremember some big losses by Elway. This is a Bronco's board, I get that but IMO its Manning by far. He is also a SB MVP and owns many of the QB records. They certianly are 2 of the greatest .
          I remember some big losses by Peyton too. And the super bowl loss was on him. Plenty of bad playoff outings too.

Try again.
          sigpic

Comment

Since the Ingle isn't an option......Elway.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              I remember some big losses by Peyton too. And the super bowl loss was on him. Plenty of bad playoff outings too.

Try again.
              Dont get defensive, actually Reggie ran the route wrong in the SB, Lets face it, I can argue my opinion just like you can to. Like I said, this is a Bronco's board. If you went to the Colts board you would get a differant response.

Comment

Lol at you blaming Reggie. It's not the first time Peyton choked in a big game.

And talk about pot calling kettle black saying I got defensive.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Lol at you blaming Reggie. It's not the first time Peyton choked in a big game.

And talk about pot calling kettle black saying I got defensive.
                  Not true on the route, I think I said that you could make an argument for both of them. I just happen to believe that Manning is the GOAT. GEEE WIZ

Comment

Why choose, when we can have both?

sigpic

Comment

Peyton who?
                      sigpic
                      - ★ -
                      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Elway took us to 5 Superbowl's, 3 of which he did it by himself and the last two he had a little help from the team. Manning only took the Colts to 2. However it is like comparing apples to oranges, they are or were great QBs with completely different styles. There will never be another Elway nor will there ever be another Peyton Manning.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                          Why choose, when we can have both?

Ingle Martin is better than a combined Peyton Manning & John Elway. Just saying.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

You have to find some balance in these insane "a or b" polls. Like what year and with what team? Because I can tell u I would take almost any year Manning with the 86 Broncos against the 86 Giants, 87 Broncos against the 87 Redskins, and the 1989 Broncos against the 1989 49ers....... ALL DAY EVERY DAY! And I have an Elway shrine in my house, as most of us should. U can't hold Manning against the wall for the poor teams that Irsay put around him. For what it's worth, any of our SB loss teams were better than just about any Colt team in Manning's tenure there. I'd put the 86 Broncos up against ANY Manning led Colt team. Can Manning ever be worth more to us than Elway? Not a chance. But Manning is the greatest QB ever to wear a Bronco jersey. And I'll stand by that statement.
                            #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              I voted Elway because he's already done and has concrete results to look at

But this isn't quite a fair time to do this poll

Manning might have more big wins for us than Elway when it's all said and done but

the most important thing here is that Elway was ALWAYS a Bronco -many years. Manning is here for a few years

Second that...

Comment

Its not even close. Peyton Manning is the GOAT. Period. I love Elway, he did the most with the least out of any QB, however Peyton isnt a system guy, he is the system. He is a QB that changed the way the game is played. He is our modern day Jonny U. There is a reason Manning was the highest ranked active player on the NFL top 100 of all time. When all is said and done, he could surpass Favre in TDs, yards, etc. His 2004 season is the greatest season any QB has ever had, and his SB MVP and 4 league MVPs cement him at #1. Not a knock on Elway (or anyone else), but it just shows how good this guy is. And yes, I said all of this well before Peyton played for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X