So it Appears to be a two team race.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it Appears to be a two team race.

The chargers have sole possession of first place and the broncos have a couple of strong performances as well. A few interesting things I noticed: Both teams put up 37 today on division rivals. Both teams play classic QB matchups next week in Brady vs Manning ,with the Patriots coming off a 52 point performance and Rivers vs. Brees with Brees coming off a 446 yard passing game . Both teams will be on the road in tough places to win leading up to the Monday Night Football Showdown where first place in the division could be on the line! Thoughts?
    Last edited by super_boltz; 09-30-2012, 06:09 PM.
    2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Yeah, I hope Brees kills his former team.

/thoughts
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Regardless of what happens next week to either of our teams, the MNF game will be huge. Rivers has not looked all that impressive and he's hurting my FF team. His stats are lackluster but the Chargers are finding ways to win which is all that matters.

Our focus is on the Patriots right now and we'll talk about San Diego after next week's game is over.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        Regardless of what happens next week to either of our teams, the MNF game will be huge. Rivers has not looked all that impressive and he's hurting my FF team. His stats are lackluster but the Chargers are finding ways to win which is all that matters.

Our focus is on the Patriots right now and we'll talk about San Diego after next week's game is over.

lol we're fans its ok to look ahead
        2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Comment

I wonder if Manning will be more effective against the Bolts now that Riviera isn't there anymore

Comment

Originally posted by super_boltz View Post
            lol we're fans its ok to look ahead
            BroncoManiac_69 is a mega fan and will be devoting the week to being a Bronco fan rooting against the Patriots. He will get back to you next week.

Comment

Originally posted by elway93 View Post
              BroncoManiac_69 is a mega fan and will be devoting the week to being a Bronco fan rooting against the Patriots. He will get back to you next week.
              In other words... he does it right!
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by NYColt View Post
                I wonder if Manning will be more effective against the Bolts now that Riviera isn't there anymore
                Probably will.

This is the best OL he's ever had, not nearly as good of weapons but still a lot of good players on offense.

Comment

I knew / said in the offseason it was a 2 horse race. Never understood why some fans and media rated KC so highly.

SD and Denver both did well today, but they won games they should win and beat 2 bad teams.

Can't really see us winning in NE next week so the SD game is HUGE.

If we go into the bye at 3-3 with a road win at our biggest challenge to the West and the hardest part of the schedule out of the way it will be massive.

The O will keep improving as well.

I view next week as a bonus game, the MNF game will be really big.

Comment

Nah. One team race. Broncos are the only team in the division worth anything. Look at our common opponents, raiders and falcons. They get blown out against ATL, and barely beat OAK due to a backup long snapper. We blow out OAK and barely lose to ATL due to uncharacteristic turnovers.

Chargers are second best, yes, but by a large margin. Tey are on the same level as the raiders, and the chiefs are even worse. Much worse.

Comment

I think this is a team that'll get better and better as the season goes on, though I'm not expecting a W against the Pats. I'm still concerned about teams that can spread our defense out.

I like our match up with the Chargers more, and it's not because I'm cocky about my team. I think we're more familiar with the Chargers and their offense doesn't present the same problems that the Pats does.

Though if the Chargers get by the Saints next week they got a realistic shot at really jumping ahead against us in two weeks.
                      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

I wont right off KC....I still think that they can factor into the division. We have a really tough streatch coming up. We lose this week and they win they are right back in it
                        Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          I wont right off KC....I still think that they can factor into the division. We have a really tough streatch coming up. We lose this week and they win they are right back in it
                          KC are AWFUL. They have been blown out in 3 of 4 games, including against Buffalo. Cassell looks horrible as well as expected. They are worse then Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Probably will.

This is the best OL he's ever had, not nearly as good of weapons but still a lot of good players on offense.
                            Colts always won vs the Chargers when they averaged 4 YPC or more. The 2004 game vs Brees and the 2008 game vs Chargers were both close but the Colts won because they ran effectively for 4 YPC or more. Chargers are very athletic and squeeze out the short and intermediate routes aggressively, so you either run on them or you take shots deep on them. Running is more effective, like the Pats have shown in the past and so have the Jets, Steelers, Tebow led Broncos etc., everyone but the Colts who could not run vs the Chargers even if their lives depended on it. So, the Chargers LBs (like Merriman and Philips) could pin their ears back and play pass all the time.

Tom Moore's offenses did not run screens well (goes back prior to Colts) and the Colts' D did not defend screens well because they overpursued with their speedy D more often than not without discipline. Double whammy. Plus, Chargers big wideouts in VJax and Floyd vs the midget CBs of the Colts did not help either . Plus, the Colts never had an answer for Sproles on KR/PR/RB passing game etc. while the athletic LBs of the Jets, Steelers and Pats had more answers.

The mismatches as a team that the Broncos have vs the Chargers are less in number, IMO, as opposed to the Colts' team make up. That is where the game will be won, in the trenches.

Comment

My guess is we'll be fighting with the Chargers all season for the division title. After next week I suspect we'll pull even with them once they go down to a hungry Saints team and we knock off the Patriots.
                              ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X