Not "The Drive" but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not "The Drive" but...

Ok it wasn't the same as "The Drive" but with playoff implications looming I was proud the way the team pulled together at the end and carried it over to the OT. Kudos to the D for holding the Browns deep enough so that the O could get good field position. Naturally I was even more proud that 2 UH boys (Leile and Elam) played an important part in that win. I wonder if Cleveland is getting tired of these comebacks.

I agree. after they hit the field goal to go up 20-17, I said to myself, "Ok Jake, nows the time to show us we paid for the right guy". It wasn't all Jake, but that pass he threw to Lelie, he made a couple guys miss w/ his mobility and thats something Griese never could have done for us.

Comment

Don't forget Jake's 23 yard run in OT

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue
        Don't forget Jake's 23 yard run in OT
        yeah, for the longest time, i've said that my favorite play is the "Naked Bootleg". If there's a goal-line play, i always scream "NAKED BOOTLEG!!". With Jake as our QB, it works most of the time, so it makes me like him even more. It's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by motarque
          yeah, for the longest time, i've said that my favorite play is the "Naked Bootleg". If there's a goal-line play, i always scream "NAKED BOOTLEG!!". With Jake as our QB, it works most of the time, so it makes me like him even more. It's awesome.
          I'm surprised that Jake isn't used in more running plays. It would add another dimension to our offense. If he's about to get tackled, he can just slide feet first.

Comment

Originally posted by motarque
            I've always had some reservations about a naked bootleg at the goal line. It brings the flow all to one side and the defenders can narrow the field. Also it's vertically tight already (like my first girlfriend). When the QB is running for the sideline, it puts pressure for him to get rid of the ball cause you know theres going to be backside pursuit. Unless you have that Elway type arm that can throw back across the field you limit your options.

Comment

Working...
            X