I really really hope we just COMPETE in the NE game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really really hope we just COMPETE in the NE game

Its on Sky TV this week so I can watch it live !!!

I view this as a bonus game. Don't expect to win. The huge game is MNF at SD. If we go into our bye at 3-3 (like SD if they lose at NO) but having beaten them in their house and our hard part of the schedule out of the way things will look pretty good. SD's hard part of the schedule is still to come.

So yeah, I expect to be 2-3 on Monday. Against Atlanta I was really pleased how tough the D played to keep us in the game and we played strong all night, even the O stepped up after the first Q.

Against Houston I thought the score flattered us. We got physically beaten up and the D looked terrible. The backfield really got killed.

Of course I hope we win Sunday, and who knows, but if we can stay in the game and play tough D and make them work for the W I will be pretty happy and looking forward to Monday night !

If we play well and come up short I will be pissed. That means irate, not drunk!

Comment

Compete?? Dude, we are gonna win!
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

I can't be overly optimistic but I do think we will fair better in this one than in the past 3 or 4 games. Historically we've owned the Patriots but not recently. We barely beat them in 2009 in the throwbacks, and in the games since then they've hung 40 or 50 on us in each game. In 2009 they did not have the tight ends which is certainly our biggest problem on defense. Especially against them. I don't see us getting to Brady with four which is how you beat them. That Pats line with guys plugged in and missing its best player absolutely stoned Mario Williams, Marcel Dareus, Kyle Williams, and Mark Anderson + the blitz.

Their defense is less of a joke this year than usual, but I still think we'll be able to run the ball all over them also like usual. Everyone is in love with the no-huddle, but we need to keep Brady on the bench as much as possible. If we can hold them to 30 points, I think we can win.

Comment

Smash Brady hit him hard hit often if possible. D will be huge, Von Miller blitzing like crazy. For God sake release the Wolfe.We can win this game. Orange Crush anyone

Comment

Come on Bronx, havent you heard. We have Prater whos the AFC player of the week. With him anythings possible, just remember that. Oh yeah, the qb ain't half bad either.

sigpic

Comment

I thought the Patriots would wipe the floor with us with Orton as our QB and McDaniels as our head coachin 2009. Any given Sunday.

Comment

I am not sure the no huddle will work well this weekend. Our offense is still learning the whole system and there crowd will be loud enough to deaden the audibles. I believe we will be better off to get the plays in the huddle and execute the plays called. in fact I would even go as far as scripting the first ten plays, practice them all week and know exactly what we are doing before we even hit the field. Shannahan and Elway did that and it would result in 14 -21 points from the start.
                sigpic

Comment

We're not the team we were or have ever been. It's always a toss up in the NFL, but I think we can win this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                    Its on Sky TV this week so I can watch it live !!!

I view this as a bonus game. Don't expect to win. The huge game is MNF at SD. If we go into our bye at 3-3 (like SD if they lose at NO) but having beaten them in their house and our hard part of the schedule out of the way things will look pretty good. SD's hard part of the schedule is still to come.

So yeah, I expect to be 2-3 on Monday. Against Atlanta I was really pleased how tough the D played to keep us in the game and we played strong all night, even the O stepped up after the first Q.

Against Houston I thought the score flattered us. We got physically beaten up and the D looked terrible. The backfield really got killed.

Of course I hope we win Sunday, and who knows, but if we can stay in the game and play tough D and make them work for the W I will be pretty happy and looking forward to Monday night !

Sorry but I am expecting to win. NEs defense has been atrocious and is much worse than it was last year. I expect Peyton to have a great day. As for our defense, I think it has improved and that playoff game vs them last year was VERY misleading. It will be a alot different with Peyton engineering time consuming drives giving our D time to rest. We have a very speedy D which is a great matchup for NE and we will get pressure on Brady. It is a lot different when these time consuming drives are happening rather than 3 and outs with Tebow. Also, I think the defense and team as a whole will be playing a lot more confident and energized with the difference of Peyton instead of Tebow. I believed we would beat Atlanta because I liked our D against their offense more than theirs against ours but Peyton had a very bad day. It was his first road game in 2 years in a very tough place to win. This is a tough place as well, but the Cardinals pulled it off, and I think Peyton has a good day and we win. If Peyton has that day I am very sure we will win, but it will all come down to him. If he has a day like he did vs the Falcons, we will most surely lose.

Comment

usually its more of BB versus Manning, and in my opinion, I think ever since the 4 n 2 call, Manning has taken over messing with BB now instead of how it was,

I expect BB to be creative, and stunt manning for the 1st quarter, but thats after denver's opening drive

Comment

Just compete?... Let's put it this way.

I want to see Peyton Manning punting on third down.
                        sigpic
                        - ★ -
                        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
                          Just compete?... Let's put it this way.

I want to see Peyton Manning punting on third down.
                          too lazy to find an 'I see what you did there' picture. So. Yeah.

Comment

I hope we show up prior to half time.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is not the best match up for us. I think it is going to be closer than last season.....But the results are going to be similar. We just have no answers for Gronk. I think that he is going to have a BIG game. But we will hang in there. Right now NE is just a better team that is better coached. The gap is closing but not there yet
                              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X