I really really hope we just COMPETE in the NE game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think the Patriots were the better team with a better coaching staff in that game, but in all fairness that game was poorly scheduled.

I still get peeved when I think about what the NFL did. They gave the Patriots the bye week, which is fair. However, making a wild card team play a game on the road on a short week against a team coming off of a bye is ridiculous to say the least.

The Broncos played on a Sunday night, then had to travel to NE for a game on the following Saturday.....beyond stupid scheduling. This is the first time I've ever noticed anything like that, likely because it happened to us. If it's something the NFL does on an annual basis I find it to be beyond stupid.
    OHHhhh...so that's what it was...lol...C'mon...This is pro ball...playing a day earlier shouldn't effect the team..that's like saying the Pats had a bye and The Bronco's will come out and take advantage of the because they will be "Rusty"...It was Tebow mania everywhere and not alot of focus on the game....except for the players...lol
    It's all about the team.....

Comment

Originally posted by Indy View Post
      For a long time I dismissed this ideal of "momentum". After careful observation, it does seem a real phenomenon. I believe it is rooted in human emotion. The collective dynamic of the team. People typically do not like to believe in such intangible ideas such as momentum. They want to believe that it is simply the bounce of the oblong spheroid that determines the outcomes.

I say often there is much more at play than what we can place our eyes upon.

this right here is some deep ass ****

Comment

Originally posted by peterk View Post
        The Pats could just send in backups for the last 4-5 and kill the clock, but they kept pushing and scored another 10 (or 14? doesn't matter). If they felt that they needed that to secure the game, then it's OK for me. I just noted, that scoring 45pts in one half in that game under those cirtumstances doesn't tell a lot about the O.

Actually, for me, scoring 30 against the Ravens D looks much more impressive. Too bad, it wasn't enough to win, but still.
        They scored against Baltimore at will, and if it wasn't for that blown call against Devin McCourty on third and long in the fourth quarter than Patriots would have won that game. And the person who was killing Baltimore in that game was Julian Edelman on the inside.. they had no answer for him

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          I feel that we're going to get tricked again, like the opposite of Houston.

We're gonna lay back and plan on stopping the pass and get gashed by their runners.

:twocents:
          DING DING DING DING

WE HAVE a WINNER!!!
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I think we were so outschemed with their hurry up hurry up, all of our defensive deficiencies were magnified

Our D just couldn't get set let alone hold their own

JDR never saw that coming and to be fair I'm not sure any D coordinator would have but some might have been better built to counter it

We were well scouted and that hurry up hurry up was perfect against us
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
              I think we were so outschemed with their hurry up hurry up, all of our defensive deficiencies were magnified

JDR never saw that coming and to be fair I'm not sure any D coordinator would have but some might have been better built to counter it

I agree, and I was speaking of the fact that every time we came out in nickle we got gashed. Even Fox said in his presser that when you get little personnel on the field its a disaster against the run (paraphrasing).
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Yeah I heard that byte

Good thing is most offenses probably can't do what NE did - at least with that kind of execution

Bad thing is if all goes well around here, we'll see NE again and will probably be ready for it - and NE will do something completely different lol
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  DING DING DING DING

WE HAVE a WINNER!!!
                  You can't proclaim yourself the winner in your own contest.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

I just got back yesterday afternoon and watched the game on DVR. I want to go back and take a look at the formations and plays NE ran from their hurry up package. There must be a limited number of both. It's a challenging offense for which to prepare.

I have a feeling the best way to go is to have your best and most versatile eleven defenders on the field, don't try to sub and have them line up regular on all the formations scouted and play to the tendencies. The calls should be automatic, and the D needs to unpile and line up immediately.

Hurry up and no huddle are different. One uses the playclock to read the D and call any play from the gameplan; the other has a limited number of formations and plays which are barked out ASAP and run as quickly as possible after the previous play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots Nation View Post
                      OHHhhh...so that's what it was...lol...C'mon...This is pro ball...playing a day earlier shouldn't effect the team..that's like saying the Pats had a bye and The Bronco's will come out and take advantage of the because they will be "Rusty"...It was Tebow mania everywhere and not alot of focus on the game....except for the players...lol
                      Did you even read what I said?

I conceded the Patriots were the better team with the better coaching staff that day. I'm not saying Denver would have won if it were scheduled differently.

What I am saying is fact. Teams that play on a short week have a very low winning percentage. It's a proven disadvantage to have one less day to prepare than your opponent. There is absolutely no reason to make a team play on a short week in the playoffs against a team coming off of a bye or having a regular week. It was poor scheduling.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots Nation View Post
                        Please go troll in the Talkin' Smack Forum. This one is for serious football conversations, not chest beating trash talk. :nono:

Comment

• So I was wrong about Denver winning. I hope no one bet the house on my prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                            So I was wrong about Denver winning. I hope no one bet the house on my prediction.
                            You will soon hear from my attornies.

Comment

Working...
                            X