Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncoalum
    replied
    Did the McGahee fumble hurt, yes. Did his dropped pass hurt, yes. But so did Thomas's fumble. So did the 200+ rushing yards given up to New England. So did the 13 catches by Welker. So did the lack of pressure on Brady. So did the 3rd and 17 run. So did 3rd and 14. So did 3rd and 12. You can look at it like McGahee cost us the game, but you can also say that he would not of been in that position if two or three of these other plays turned out differently. I can't blame McGahee for this, it was a total team loss.

Leave a comment:

• RSH
    replied
    Hillman was far from explosive today. He danced at the line of scrimmage and ran east-west. I was not impressed by Hillman today. That said, at least he's not Lance Ball. Ball is pitiful.

Leave a comment:

• PunchDrunk
    replied
    Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    9 outta 10 times McGahee does too.
    9 out of 10 doesn't mean jack when you actually DO drop that ball.

Leave a comment:

• Q!!
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    One thing I will add to all the hate that McGhee is getting (granted he does deserve) is that no one is mentioning why we were in that 4th and 1 play. It was because Hillman tried being pretty and bounced a run that he should have tried going north and south and not east and west. If he does that we wouldn't be in that 4th and 1 spot.
    I agree, Hillman is having some growing pains. It hurts to watch but he will mature and get better. There is no excuse for the two bobbled plays by Willis though. He is a tried and true veteran who should be making big plays when it counts.

Leave a comment:

• DoomTrooper
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    One thing I will add to all the hate that McGhee is getting (granted he does deserve) is that no one is mentioning why we were in that 4th and 1 play. It was because Hillman tried being pretty and bounced a run that he should have tried going north and south and not east and west. If he does that we wouldn't be in that 4th and 1 spot.
    Hillman was doing his best Knowshon Moreno impression. That play was very disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncoFan!
    replied
    The game was over when we decided to run McGahee on 3rd and 5 lol. Forget the fumble, if your down to the Patriots and you just punt the ball away you might as well hand them 7 points.

Leave a comment:

• R8rH8r1
    replied
    +100% nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• elway93
    replied
    McGahee is a very good running back, but he blew the game today. First he dropped that pass on fourth down, then fumbled away our momentum and the game when it looked like we were about to make it a three point game. There are simply no excuses for things like that.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Which is the exact point being made by this thread and yet we are all overeacting....
    If you followed his career closely with Ravens, he had habit of fumbling at critical times.

Leave a comment:

• // / yardo
    replied
    Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
    @yardo

Then cut everybody who throws an interception, fumbles a ball, and misses a kick, right?

This game means nothing, it's next week that matters.
    That's not really what I'm getting at. The point is you can't just give the dude a pass just because he made a mistake. It's specifically the timing of these mistakes that matter. And it's happened before. These mistakes hurt the most because of the momentum that they killed. Without them we're at the very least tied up with plenty of time to win the game.

To me, it seems like in the clutch McGahee gets a little too lackadaisical.

I still like the guy but he's gotta protect the football and make those plays that matter.

Leave a comment:

• kcarr26
    replied
    Does anybody remember WHY the playoff game against Pitt went into OT? You guessed it! They scored points off his fumble in the 4th. He is our best back but has a knack to put the ball on the ground in the worst moments.

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    It was possible. Not all McGahee's fault though.
    If we were to judge by each quarter, it was almost entirely McGahee's fault in the quarter that mattered most.

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
    We had the momentum and were piling on points. The game was very winnable. That's my point.
    It was possible. Not all McGahee's fault though.

Leave a comment:

• Brohemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    We were not in position to win.
    We had the momentum and were piling on points. The game was very winnable. That's my point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X