Team letting Peyton Manning down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team letting Peyton Manning down.

Short of Von Miller, and maybe Stokely, our team has done little to help Manning. We literally cannot ask anything more of him. Short of the ATL game, he's done everything he could possibly do to put our team in a position to win. Untimely drops, swiss cheese defense, unclutch fumbles, bad oline play...it makes me sad. Last year it seemed like with a good QB we could have gone places. Now all of the sudden its like all of the other positions have regressed.
    XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

I was disgusted by the lack of fundamentals displayed by several of the Broncos players. You're NEVER out of a game with PM at QB, so long as his players stay fundamentally sound. I am not convinced that Denver is quite ready for the culture change required to run a Manning offense.

The good news is, I believe the Broncos will figure it out eventually. Plenty of time left this year and just hope these breakdowns in fundamentals do not occur in division games.

I was truly punched in the stomach on those two WM errors. Speechless.
    sigpic
    Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Pathetic all around....

Comment

Yep, he out-played Brady today, but too many mistakes.

DT fumble, WM drop and fumble.

Comment

I actually agree with this thread. The talent we have on offense, especially at WR (in my opinion) is nowhere near what Peyton is used to and thrives upon.
          Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
          sigpic

Comment

Hate to say it but the Pats, with their ability to run the ball like that, look like the championship team of the early 2000s.

Cannot give up 250 yards on the ground and expect to win in the NFL, unfortunately.

Why can't JDR make the stops that he does in the 3rd and 4th qtr. earlier in games? Even in the Raiders and Steelers games that the Broncos won, it was a stalemate at the half.

If I am a Broncos fan, if the game is close to be tied, or just a FG deficit at the half, I will be ecstatic. All 3 games were lost against quality teams before the half, too much to overcome with too little room for error.

3rd down and 14 before the half on a pass, 3rd down and 17 after the half on a run, UNBELIEVABLE!!! Chances are, Steelers or Ravens make those stops.
            Last edited by chad72; 10-07-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeNEBronco View Post
              Pathetic all around....
              The poor tackling by the defense is what's really alarming to me at least. They should've had multiple stops for a loss and instead wound up giving first down yardage.

Comment

The sad part is that DT had a great game if not for that fumble and McGahee was having a great game as well until his 2 huge mistakes.

The D made some huge plays too, but also not only gave up a crap load of first downs in general but specifically gave up that 3rd and 17 to a run which was ridiculous.

This team is a team that is still trying to gel and until that happens we'll lose to teams that we can beat. I hope Manning keeps the faith and keeps pushing the guys to get better.
                2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Agree, Von is bustin his Butt; however our DB's couldn't cover an old man in a wheel chair. Willis has butterfingers and thinks the football is a hot potato, John Fox needs to fire Macoy, trade Willis for a case of Butterfingers and some super glue and give it to D.T. so he stops fumbling(3 lost fumbles in as many games).

Decker has gotten better at making the tough catch but seems to have trouble getting open at times, and John Fox is affraid to play Hillman, should be throwing him some screens two to three times a game.
                  sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Manning was brought in to score points, the only one letting us down is him.

I'm tired of these slow starts leading to 30 to 7 in the 4th quarter.

If you want to blame somebody blame him, and maybe Willis.
                    Denver Broncos GM
                    Originally posted by Mosk
                    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Im sick of our lack of passion and concentration.
                      When Manning got stripped, just go look at all the players standing around with their thumbs in their asses. Its PATHETIC.
                      sigpic

Comment

At the end of the day you have MAYBE six losses in the league if you want to make a Wildcard, seven if you want to win an atrocious division like the AFC West. We've dug ourselves too big of a hole to dig ourselves out of at this point, with the 2nd toughest schedule in the NFL and a team that has no identity, I'm being forced to realize that this year we simply are not a playoff team, period. And if we do win the West, we won't win against quality teams like New England and Houston, they are too talented and play with too sound fundamentals for us to overcome our every-week-idiodicy.

Sorry fellow Broncos fans, but this season is and will be a bust. Next year we should be a contender. This year will be an excercise in frustration.

Comment

I hated DT fumbling that ball. Boneheaded mistake.

However, it is awesome that he had a great game after that fumble. A lot of young players would let that bring their confidence down especially when it happened 2 weeks in a row. I'm glad he has amnesia after that play and came back and played well. He needs to focus more on ball handling because this can't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post

The numbers, what actually happened on the field, completely disagrees with you.
                            sigpic
                            Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post

A D also has to keep Peyton in the game, why is it that JDR and his D make stops in the 3rd qtr. and 4th qtr. just enough to give Peyton the ball? 3 punts and a TD in the first half. Pats had 2 TDs and a FG.

Then the flood gates open in the 3rd half - Brady converts a 3rd and 17, and goes on to get a TD, then the Manning fumble and another TD and you are down by 24.

Remember, Giants in the SB had 2 or 3 fumbles, all of which they recovered themselves. Giants and Eli are the only lucky SOBs that I know who have the luck to match Brady's luck in the playoffs, IMO. It is a team game and last year, the Broncos' D kept the team in games and this year, I see them let the game get away from them early in the half vs Falcons, Texans, Patriots etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X