Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most insulting play in recent memory?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most insulting play in recent memory?

    Going for it on 4th and 5, from the middle of the field, while we're still "in" the game. Wow. I can't remember the last time I saw a play that exuded such disrespect. Sad thing is, even with the ball bouncing our way, we still couldn't make em pay for it. That one really stings.

    Are there any other plays people can remember, that were so in-your-face disrespectful?

  • #2
    bill has as much arrogance as he does liver spots
    Now go get your shine box

    Comment


    • #3
      The Tom Brady punt
      All in for Siemian!

      Comment


      • #4
        The Brady punt last year by far.

        Comment


        • #5
          It's insulting that Belichick respects Manning so much that he'd rather risk going for it than giving him the ball back at all? Are you guys just searching for reasons to be offended?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
            The Tom Brady punt
            Originally posted by Springs View Post
            The Brady punt last year by far.
            I'd have to disagree. At least that was in an embarrasingly bad blowout. Teams are allowed to try "cute" stuff when they're up by 30 or more. This one happened while we were still close'ish. It'l like belichick reaching across the field and slapping Fox&Co in the face.

            Comment


            • #7
              Watching the Broncos D on third and long is insulting enough...
              A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

              #87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

              Comment


              • #8
                They were at the 40 yardline. Nothing was insulting about the play. I probably would have went for it also. Especially since we couldn't stop them. You play the game to win!
                Go Hard or Go Home

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
                  I'd have to disagree. At least that was in an embarrasingly bad blowout. Teams are allowed to try "cute" stuff when they're up by 30 or more. This one happened while we were still close'ish. It'l like belichick reaching across the field and slapping Fox&Co in the face.
                  Actually I strongly believe that play along with the Brady punt last year were dialed up by Josh McDaniels. Think about it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sorry I don't see it this way - remember when BB went for it on 4th and 2? That wasn't being disrespectful - if anything that was the utmost respect to Peyton Manning and his ability to comeback

                    BB realized the Broncos were starting to have some momentum and he's seen too many times when he thought Manning was down and out (last year same situation it was like 31-7 in the 4th quarter before a furious comeback pulled them to within 3) only to see the lead evaporate

                    If anything I see it as a mark of respect and fear of Manning ...you just know he probably messed up his pants just a little when Ridley fumbled

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've never wanted an athlete to be seriously harmed as much as I did on that play....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I don't find it insulting...I find it insulting that John Fox punts from the 40 instead of going for it or using Prater.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NYColt View Post
                          Sorry I don't see it this way - remember when BB went for it on 4th and 2? That wasn't being disrespectful - if anything that was the utmost respect to Peyton Manning and his ability to comeback

                          BB realized the Broncos were starting to have some momentum and he's seen too many times when he thought Manning was down and out (last year same situation it was like 31-7 in the 4th quarter before a furious comeback pulled them to within 3) only to see the lead evaporate

                          If anything I see it as a mark of respect and fear of Manning ...you just know he probably messed up his pants just a little when Ridley fumbled
                          If you respect the other team's qb, then you try to put them on the 1 yard line, as far as possible from the endzone. You don't give them probable possession at midfield with a poor chance of succeeding. It just seemed like there was no real concern for a comeback. Hell, the ball bounced our way big time, a couple times after that play, but we still couldn't do it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
                            Going for it on 4th and 5, from the middle of the field, while we're still "in" the game. Wow. I can't remember the last time I saw a play that exuded such disrespect. Sad thing is, even with the ball bouncing our way, we still couldn't make em pay for it. That one really stings.

                            Are there any other plays people can remember, that were so in-your-face disrespectful?
                            patriots do that kind of thing all the time.

                            They do not want to just win games. They want to humiliate the other team in the process. And they have been known to cheat to do it.

                            It is why I absolutely loathe them. That team has a complete lack of respect for the game, and for their opponents. They put poor sportsmanship on display for all to see in almost every game. I have zero respect for the team or its coach.

                            If you had watched closely, there was one play where they put Manning on the ground just as he threw the ball. When he went to stand up, he reached for a hand up. A patriot defender slapped his hand away. Simple common courtesy has you helping your opponent up off the ground, happens all the time, in every NFL game, except when you play them. A little thing, yes, and pretty much meaningless. But it clearly personifies just what type of team Belicheck runs.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I dont know it was in that spot where it was too long for a fg and too short for a fg. Id have gone for it too tbh

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X