Most insulting play in recent memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    I don't think I'm quite as worried as you seem to think I am...

This happens to be a discussion board.

I figured I'd try to discuss one play that stood out as particularly bad. It really made little sense to me at the time.

Other people see the play differently, and are telling me so.

This begins a discussion.

Sometimes, during discussions, people will disagree.

I fail to see the problem here, or why my opinion of that play is so terrible.
    Because the play call wasn't bad. Only the outcome was (for the pats)

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMtnConvert View Post
      Watching the Broncos D on third and long is insulting enough...
      Exactly! The next time our defense gets a stop when we need it will be the 1st time.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
        bill has as much arrogance as he does liver spots
        Lmbo this was funny...
        GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
          I've never wanted an athlete to be seriously harmed as much as I did on that play....
          Same if your talking about today. When he got sacked his leg started twisting and was hoping the karma bug would shove it so far up Bill's butt but alas, no dice.
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty insulted watching Woodhead power through 5 Broncos on his way to 19 yards on basically a 3rd and 17 give-up play.

Comment

It seems like your just complaining about anything and everything. there was nothing at all insulting about that call by BB. It was a great call.

Comment

Despite the sports-yakkers insistance that football is a game of field position, it isnt. Its a game of points. You score points when your offence has the ball. Punting turns over the ball 100% of the time, going for it gives you a chance to retain possesion of the ball.

If you think going for it on 4th is disrespectful, you would really dislike the coach of Pulaski Academy in Arkansas who didnt punt on 4th down ALL YEAR and won the state championship last year.

Why is it any more "disrespectful" to go for it on 4th than it is to run on 1st or pass on 3rd?
                "How dare they think they can run on us?!? How dare they try to pass on our defence?!? They are clearly trying to score! Dont they know who we are?!? And now they go for it on 4th! How disrespectful!" Sheesh...srsly?
                "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                  Yeah, I was pretty insulted watching Woodhead power through 5 Broncos on his way to 19 yards on basically a 3rd and 17 give-up play.
                  I was too busy puffing out my chest & snorting indignantly to notice.
                  "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

tom brady punting on third down in the playoffs last year was way worse. i mean it started a fight.

Comment

I agree with OP that it was insulting. At that point, we were down by THREE scores. It was a 4th and 5 not a 4th and inches or 4th and 2. It was complete and utter disregard for our Defense by saying, we're going to keep piling on you because your defense can't do ANYTHING. If Manning comes back and scores, they're still up by 2 scores and still get more possessions and opportunities to shred our Defense which they were doing for the most part all day.

I think it was a Mcdaniels call to really stick it to us.
                      XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                        I agree with OP that it was insulting. At that point, we were down by THREE scores. It was a 4th and 5 not a 4th and inches or 4th and 2. It was complete and utter disregard for our Defense by saying, we're going to keep piling on you because your defense can't do ANYTHING. If Manning comes back and scores, they're still up by 2 scores and still get more possessions and opportunities to shred our Defense which they were doing for the most part all day.

I think it was a Mcdaniels call to really stick it to us.
                        I think it was Bill Belichick's call in some attempt to validate his 'go for it on 4th' call years ago against Manning

FAIL
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                          If you had watched closely, there was one play where they put Manning on the ground just as he threw the ball. When he went to stand up, he reached for a hand up. A patriot defender slapped his hand away.
                          Teams adhere to the mentality of their coaches.

This is proof positive.
                          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Insulting in the sense i thought they'd surely convert it the way our sorry D was playing

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                              Insulting in the sense i thought they'd surely convert it the way our sorry D was playing
                              I personally was happy, I was playing against Gostkowski in FFB and was afraid they would go for a 50+ FG and make it and screw me over.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                                Teams adhere to the mentality of their coaches.

This is proof positive.
                                The Pats have always been a bunch of trash talkers; a playoff game in San Diego when Ladanian Tomlinson was with the Chargers comes to mind. I'm surprised there weren't fights yesterday. What goes around comes around.
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X