X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesomo 2000
    replied
    Originally posted by NYColt View Post
    Sorry I don't see it this way - remember when BB went for it on 4th and 2? That wasn't being disrespectful - if anything that was the utmost respect to Peyton Manning and his ability to comeback

BB realized the Broncos were starting to have some momentum and he's seen too many times when he thought Manning was down and out (last year same situation it was like 31-7 in the 4th quarter before a furious comeback pulled them to within 3) only to see the lead evaporate

If anything I see it as a mark of respect and fear of Manning ...you just know he probably messed up his pants just a little when Ridley fumbled
    If you respect the other team's qb, then you try to put them on the 1 yard line, as far as possible from the endzone. You don't give them probable possession at midfield with a poor chance of succeeding. It just seemed like there was no real concern for a comeback. Hell, the ball bounced our way big time, a couple times after that play, but we still couldn't do it.

Leave a comment:

• sbxxxiichamps
    replied
    I don't find it insulting...I find it insulting that John Fox punts from the 40 instead of going for it or using Prater.

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    I've never wanted an athlete to be seriously harmed as much as I did on that play....

Leave a comment:

• NYColt
    replied
    Sorry I don't see it this way - remember when BB went for it on 4th and 2? That wasn't being disrespectful - if anything that was the utmost respect to Peyton Manning and his ability to comeback

BB realized the Broncos were starting to have some momentum and he's seen too many times when he thought Manning was down and out (last year same situation it was like 31-7 in the 4th quarter before a furious comeback pulled them to within 3) only to see the lead evaporate

If anything I see it as a mark of respect and fear of Manning ...you just know he probably messed up his pants just a little when Ridley fumbled

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixDread
    replied
    Originally posted by Awesomo 2000 View Post
    I'd have to disagree. At least that was in an embarrasingly bad blowout. Teams are allowed to try "cute" stuff when they're up by 30 or more. This one happened while we were still close'ish. It'l like belichick reaching across the field and slapping Fox&Co in the face.
    Actually I strongly believe that play along with the Brady punt last year were dialed up by Josh McDaniels. Think about it.

Leave a comment:

• BR0NCOFANATIC
    replied
    They were at the 40 yardline. Nothing was insulting about the play. I probably would have went for it also. Especially since we couldn't stop them. You play the game to win!

Leave a comment:

• RockyMtnConvert
    replied
    Watching the Broncos D on third and long is insulting enough...

Leave a comment:

• Awesomo 2000
    replied
    Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
    The Tom Brady punt
    Originally posted by Springs View Post
    The Brady punt last year by far.
    I'd have to disagree. At least that was in an embarrasingly bad blowout. Teams are allowed to try "cute" stuff when they're up by 30 or more. This one happened while we were still close'ish. It'l like belichick reaching across the field and slapping Fox&Co in the face.

Leave a comment:

• sorrynotsorry
    replied
    It's insulting that Belichick respects Manning so much that he'd rather risk going for it than giving him the ball back at all? Are you guys just searching for reasons to be offended?

Leave a comment:

• Springs
    replied
    The Brady punt last year by far.

Leave a comment:

• AdamWeberOrBust
    replied
    The Tom Brady punt

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    bill has as much arrogance as he does liver spots

Leave a comment:

• Awesomo 2000
    started a topic Most insulting play in recent memory?

Most insulting play in recent memory?

Going for it on 4th and 5, from the middle of the field, while we're still "in" the game. Wow. I can't remember the last time I saw a play that exuded such disrespect. Sad thing is, even with the ball bouncing our way, we still couldn't make em pay for it. That one really stings.

Are there any other plays people can remember, that were so in-your-face disrespectful?
Working...
X