Joe Mays, seriously???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Mays, seriously???

Why is this guy anything other than a gunner on special teams?
    More whiffs and missed tackles than any MLB than I can recall. Never wraps up, either delivers a big hit or nothing then almost decapitates his own player today.
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Originally posted by Aija View Post
    Why is this guy anything other than a gunner on special teams?
    More whiffs and missed tackles than any MLB than I can recall. Never wraps up, either delivers a big hit or nothing then almost decapitates his own player today.
    Imagine how much worse our D would've been had he taken out Von Miller on that play. Can you say Buffalo Bills 2.0?

Comment

No, he has always just been a good special teamer. Yet somehow he finds a supporter or two on this board. The Patriots game plan today was clear, work and expose the middle of this defense starting with Mays. However because we just gave him a new contract he's not gonna get benched any time soon.

Comment

Joe Mays= Mario Haggan
        Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

I was hoping Mays would come around and get better but I just don't see it.
          sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

I'm with you. I have no idea why this guy still has a starting job.

So infuriating to see him constantly getting out of position, getting locked in blocks, and refusign to tackle with good technique. He's good for one hit a game and that's it.

Comment

{sarcasm}They keep him on the field for his speed and top notch coverage skills.{/sarcasm}

Comment

Guy is god awful. He might even be worse starter, than Nate Webster when he was here. That's saying a mouthful.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                  Joe Mays= Mario Haggan
                  Mario Haggan>Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                    Mario Haggan>Joe Mays
                    The funny things is they're both special teamers. Kind of a moot point if both suck.

Comment

guy is a scrub Dj Williams should replace him no questions asked when he gets back .... we seriously need to address MLB position in the off-season
                      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

yeah joe is really stinkin it up here lately, he is not playing the run well and he is horrindous vs the pass

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler4tw View Post
                          guy is a scrub Dj Williams should replace him no questions asked when he gets back .... we seriously need to address MLB position in the off-season

+1

Comment

The problem here is that Joe Mays isn't a 4-3 linebacker. He's built for a 3-4 defense. Add to that that he's undersized for the position, and slower than ideal.

Since Irving isn't stepping up, I would look for his replacement next offseason or try to get Na'Vorro from the 49ers, which is going to be pretty hard.

Comment

Mays is one of those players that sport forums go crazy over. One night everyone is supporting him saying how good is he and how he helps the team. The next night everyone is bashing him to death. Bringing in Joe Mays was a bad idea from the beginning. Add something else to the draft wish list. Oh Mario Haggan was better imo than Mays. Neither are starters, but Haggan is better and as big of a bone head.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X