No announcement yet.

At least last year games were close...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate it when people post these stupid threads talking about last year, if you really think we are not better than last year you're an idiot Tebow fan, not a bronco fan
    UNITED IN ORANGE!

Comment

I think that alot of these games are closer than last year, but they don't feel that way. I get the same feeling I had when I was watching Orton pad his stats at the end of games. Maybe if we'd win one of these "comebacks" I wouldn't be so cynical. But right now it feels like we're just watching a losing effort, and the stat padding at the end is just to save face.

Comment

The Broncos got smoked by every eventual playoff team they faced in the regular season last year except for the Bengals.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          The Broncos got smoked by every eventual playoff team they faced in the regular season last year except for the Bengals.
          Ironically, the Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders, and Jets were all out of the playoffs because they lost to us. So ya see!? We're awesome cuz we kicked 4 "playoff teams" out of the playoffs before they even made it! Somehow, all of those teams were much better than the Broncos, right?!

Comment

I think it's funny when people talk about how we got blown out last year or games were closer, etc. Who cares? A win is a win, a loss is a loss. Do you think the Pats are any less satisfied today than they were when they beat us by more points last year?

Ws and Ls are all that matter. We lost today. We lose next week and we're in some serious trouble.

Comment

The only game from this year that I can understand this thread being made after so far is last week... That's the only game this season that hasn't been close at all... We've lost three games by a combined margin of 22 points... how much closer do you want these games to be? one point losses on missed field goals?
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
              Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                The difference between this year and last year is that against teams like NE, Houston and Atlanta we were still fighting even after hilarious play calls and bad mistakes.

Last year we got trampled by good teams and capitulated.
                No the issue is that in 2010 - the season with the horrible HC, the horrible QB, the horrible defense, the injured RBs, the injury riddled and rookie equipped O-line, it prettu much looked the same early on. Great passing from Kyle Orton, beautiful deep plays to BLloyd and a lot of games where we fell behind, and ALMOST came back. It was always a few crucial plays away from success, and the results after 5 games were the same.

The ones that have been fans long enough will remember how many BAD games we sat through with Elway, and how many of those ended up being magic moments for the same reasons (but build on a different skill set) as the Tebow led successes. Good ground game, good defense and a rally at the end.

The lack of urgency in responding seems almost arrogant - as it did when McDaniels/Orton often didn't throw caution to the wind until too late. I have never been impressed with Fox and team, but hope that they can improve. Right now it is hard to see more than flashes of brilliance - as Orton (and Cutler) often provided without actually succeeding.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  After the QB change Tebow lost to Detroit by 38, New England by 22 and Buffalo by 22.

All three by as many or more points as all 5 this year combined. You can't honestly think Manning is the problem.
                  Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Would also like to point out that in 5 games Manning has 1 less TD than Tebow had in 11 starts and has about 500 less passing yards.
                  I guess that we are back to the Cutler defenders that always rode the stats are more important than win train. Manning is not at fault in a game like this - much like Kyle Orton was not with similar play. For some reason there is a lot of Tebow trashing from some fans. Why?

Manning is vastly superior in most aspects, but it cannot be denied that Tebow sparked a spark that I have not seen from the Broncos since they retired the #7 jersey. Under Griese, Orton and now Manning we were/are a finesse team that can play amazing football. Under Elway, Tebow and in part Plummer it was ugly, messy, amazing but it was seldom a well oiled machine. It was gritty and gut wrenching.

I truly enjoyed Tebow's "play", but also how Orton and now Manning commanded the offense. Manning is an artiste and if the things click we will be fine. What he does not bring in the same manner that Elway or Tebow was the bite, scratch, claw mentality that helped us to success last year.

Do I support the trade for Manning - hell yes, but if that experiment fails there will something in the back of the mind saying, we should have stuck with the kid that generated the 2nd highest win rate for us since #7 retired, but then the stat I like is W's

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                    I guess that we are back to the Cutler defenders that always rode the stats are more important than win train. Manning is not at fault in a game like this - much like Kyle Orton was not with similar play. For some reason there is a lot of Tebow trashing from some fans. Why?

Manning is vastly superior in most aspects, but it cannot be denied that Tebow sparked a spark that I have not seen from the Broncos since they retired the #7 jersey. Under Griese, Orton and now Manning we were/are a finesse team that can play amazing football. Under Elway, Tebow and in part Plummer it was ugly, messy, amazing but it was seldom a well oiled machine. It was gritty and gut wrenching.

I truly enjoyed Tebow's "play", but also how Orton and now Manning commanded the offense. Manning is an artiste and if the things click we will be fine. What he does not bring in the same manner that Elway or Tebow was the bite, scratch, claw mentality that helped us to success last year.

Do I support the trade for Manning - hell yes, but if that experiment fails there will something in the back of the mind saying, we should have stuck with the kid that generated the 2nd highest win rate for us since #7 retired, but then the stat I like is W's
                    You can't seriously think we were better off with Tebow. He sparked nothing. Our Defense sparked his play because they had to grind it out themselves for 3 and a half quarters until teams played prevent defense giving Tebow room to scramble and run down field. I can't take people seriously that act like Tebow legit won us those games. It was a team effort. And last I checked, the past few weeks the defense or run game has been what has lost us the game down the stretch. Not a patented Kyle Orton game winning drive fumble or interception.

Would I have liked to keep Tebow? Yes. As a QB? Hardly. I'd use him as a personal protector, TE, FB, whatever. He'd be sitting 3rd on the depth chart behind Brock Osweiler so I would utilize him elsewhere while it takes him 7 years to learn how to pass the ball.

Comment

did you watch both NE games last year? we got torched! if we still had the same team from last year the final score would have been 48-10

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                        You can't seriously think we were better off with Tebow. He sparked nothing. Our Defense sparked his play because they had to grind it out themselves for 3 and a half quarters until teams played prevent defense giving Tebow room to scramble and run down field. I can't take people seriously that act like Tebow legit won us those games. It was a team effort. And last I checked, the past few weeks the defense or run game has been what has lost us the game down the stretch. Not a patented Kyle Orton game winning drive fumble or interception.

Would I have liked to keep Tebow? Yes. As a QB? Hardly. I'd use him as a personal protector, TE, FB, whatever. He'd be sitting 3rd on the depth chart behind Brock Osweiler so I would utilize him elsewhere while it takes him 7 years to learn how to pass the ball.
                        Revisionist history, and so soon?

I won't say that Tebow was the only reason we played better. Everybody began contributing there best effort after he started. He was the spark that got the team moving in the right direction.

When watching the Orton-led Broncos, you could feel the apathy oozing off the players. You could see the sluggish lack of urgency in their play. Whether you like Tebow or not, there was a night and day difference between the way the team played before, and after he was the starter.

With Manning, I don't see quite the same sluggishness, but it's getting close. Crisp, finesse short passes, falling behind early, and *almost* coming back to win. Manning has obviously had more success than Orton, but if we get the same results, what's the difference, really?

Comment

Working...
                        X